Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AB in HOE: a corrilation between origional and Reloaded

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wanderingmystic
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: AB in HOE: a corrilation between origional and Reloaded Reply with quote

Sykers:
Bolded text are limitation I added due to flavor of the original powers

Armor: Force Field {invisible field} self only
Backwash: power of the same name
Barrier: no know power
Beast Friend: Here, Doggie!
Blind: Blindside {shuts down the opponents optic nerves}
Bolt
    Brain Blast {mental blast} may only use one bolt
    Brain Slammer {mental bolt moves from one target to the next} more than one bolt

Boost/Lower Trait
    Agonizer {induces migraines} lower trait only
    Body Control boost trait self only

Confusion: Hallucination {creates illusions to confuse or mislead}
Deflection: One-Man Army {creates multiple copies of you which all act identically} self only
Detect/Conceal Arcana: Third Eye {creates a large luminous eye in the center of forehead}
Disguise: Skinwalker {make people think you look like someone else}
Drain Power Points: Sturm und Drang no pp cost, dose not work on Junkers and Templars
Farsight: Mindrider {sees through targets eyes}
Fear:
    no know powers, but gains access to Nightmare if the character also has Boost/Lower Trait
    Nightmare: lower trait must be cast on sleeping target, last for a day if check is failed

Fly: no known power but mentioned
Havoc: Telekinetic Storm {swirling debris}
Healing: Fleashknit
Invisibility: Predator {slight outline is left just like in the movie}
Mind Link: Psychic Link
Mind Reading: power of the same name
Mind Wipe: power of the same name
Puppet: Meat Puppet
Quickness: Body Control self only
Slow: no known power
Slow Burn: power of the same name
Slumber: Sleepy-Bye
Smite: no known power
Speak Language: no known power
Speed: no known power
Stun: Chain Brain {mental energy moves through all in the area}
Succor: Band-Aid
Telekinesis: power of the same name
Telekinetic Squeeze
    Aztec Surprise {rip out heart}
    Boneripping {rip and break bones}
    Heartstopper {shuts down organ}

Wall Walker: Itsy-Bitsy Spider

Note: Pyrokineses is not very well represented in reloaded so I have added a new edge

Pyrokineses
Requirements: Novice, AB: Syker, Psionics d8, Slow Burn
Benefit: gain access to the following Powers
    Blast: Arson {fiery explosion} Fire Trapping: Flammable
    Bolt: Pyro {flaming sphere} Fire Trapping: Flammable
    Elemental Manipulation: Detonate {used to ignite explosives} Fire only
    Elemental Resistance: Fireproof Fire and Heat only

Revision 2: I revised the list and made it easier to quickly see how new powers translate to the original ones.

Last edited by wanderingmystic on Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Kilgore
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this!
wanderingmystic
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kilgore wrote:
Thanks for this!
no problem once i get the time i will work on Toxic shamans and eventually Doomsayers, I might do something on Templars but i never played them so I'm not as familiar with them but I have the book.
wanderingmystic
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Pyrokineses Edge Reply with quote

this is an edge i worked up to help round out a pyrokineses

Pyrokineses Adept
Requirements: Novice, AB: Syker, Psionics d8
Benefit: Gains a +1 to psionics skill checks when using a pyrokineses powers [Arson, Detonate, Fireproof, Pyro (Bolt with fire trapping) and Slow Burn].
In addition gains access tot he following Pyrokineses powers Arson (Blast with Fire trapping), Detonate (Elemental Manipulation: Fire only) and Fireproof (Elemental Protection: Fire and Heat only).

Last edited by wanderingmystic on Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
PlatinumWarlock
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: Pyrokineses Edge Reply with quote

wanderingmystic wrote:

Pyrokineses Adept
Requirements: Novice, AB: Syker
Benefit: Gains a +2 to psionics skill checks when using a pyrokineses power. In addition gains access tot he following Pyrokineses powers Arson (Blast with Fire trapping), Detonate (elemental Manipulation: Fire only) and Fireproof (Elemental Protection: Fire and Heat only).

I might suggest a few things to go along with this, though, as the edge seems overly powerful as is:

1). Reduce the bonus to a +1. Handing out a +2 bonus on a skill that's going to be used every session time after time is overpowered, as a TN for most powers is going to be 4.

2) List which powers gain the benefit. Does Barrier? One of the old trappings for Barrier for Hucksters was Wall of Fire--does that mean a budding pyro gets that benefit? How about bolt? Create a finite list or restrict the bonus to a single type of powers (perhaps ones that deal damage).

3). Increase your requirements. I'd go with at LEAST Seasoned, Psionics d8, AB: Syker, and maybe even something like Knowledge: Demolitions. Again, access to off-the-list powers is a great benefit by itself. Tossing in a flat bonus to cast is just way too much for a novice-level Syker edge.

4). Add in some mitigating negative factor to even things out. Maybe the Syker can ONLY deal fire damage, which makes his powers much less effective against a fireproof opponent. Maybe there's additional Brainburn damage if the pyro critically fails a roll.

As an example of a well built "focused casting" edge, I'd recommend looking at "Oppenheimer's Chosen" (HoER page 71). While the edge provides a massively attractive benefit--who doesn't want to increase all their damage dice?!--it also is tempered by the increased Backlash penalty and the threat of instant character kablooey. Note that it's a seasoned edge and does not directly increase the casting skill--something that Savage Worlds Deluxe warns specifically about. The edge also has some pretty stringent pre-requisites, via the necessary Vigor and Faith dice.

It's not a bad idea to give some love to the pyro Skyers out there in the Wasted West--I just think your edge needs some cleaning before tossing it into a table situation.
MagusRogue
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, wandermystic! I'm collecting these you're posting and formatting them into into a file looking similar to how the Deadlands Goes Deluxe! pdf file looks. I'll need more people with awesome pdf layout and the Fan stamp once all ABs have been figured out, though, to submit to pinnacle for possible hosting.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wanderingmystic
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Pyrokineses Edge Reply with quote

PlatinumWarlock wrote:
wanderingmystic wrote:

Pyrokineses Adept
Requirements: Novice, AB: Syker
Benefit: Gains a +2 to psionics skill checks when using a pyrokineses power. In addition gains access tot he following Pyrokineses powers Arson (Blast with Fire trapping), Detonate (elemental Manipulation: Fire only) and Fireproof (Elemental Protection: Fire and Heat only).

I might suggest a few things to go along with this, though, as the edge seems overly powerful as is:

1). Reduce the bonus to a +1. Handing out a +2 bonus on a skill that's going to be used every session time after time is overpowered, as a TN for most powers is going to be 4.

2) List which powers gain the benefit. Does Barrier? One of the old trappings for Barrier for Hucksters was Wall of Fire--does that mean a budding pyro gets that benefit? How about bolt? Create a finite list or restrict the bonus to a single type of powers (perhaps ones that deal damage).

3). Increase your requirements. I'd go with at LEAST Seasoned, Psionics d8, AB: Syker, and maybe even something like Knowledge: Demolitions. Again, access to off-the-list powers is a great benefit by itself. Tossing in a flat bonus to cast is just way too much for a novice-level Syker edge.

4). Add in some mitigating negative factor to even things out. Maybe the Syker can ONLY deal fire damage, which makes his powers much less effective against a fireproof opponent. Maybe there's additional Brainburn damage if the pyro critically fails a roll.

As an example of a well built "focused casting" edge, I'd recommend looking at "Oppenheimer's Chosen" (HoER page 71). While the edge provides a massively attractive benefit--who doesn't want to increase all their damage dice?!--it also is tempered by the increased Backlash penalty and the threat of instant character kablooey. Note that it's a seasoned edge and does not directly increase the casting skill--something that Savage Worlds Deluxe warns specifically about. The edge also has some pretty stringent pre-requisites, via the necessary Vigor and Faith dice.

It's not a bad idea to give some love to the pyro Skyers out there in the Wasted West--I just think your edge needs some cleaning before tossing it into a table situation.

1: Thank you for the input, originally I had it as just granting access to the 3 bonus powers, but honestly that felt a little to weak and I noticed a +2 bonus edge in the original edition so i thought that was perfect, i wasn't thinking about the TN differences. Also notice that their are only 5 pyro powers so you are not getting the bonus to many powers.

2: They are listed in my first post which details what Syker power belongs to what school as per the original HoE

3: I kinda wanted to keep it as a novice power so you could start out the game with nothing but pyro powers, but I did mean to have d8 in psionics and must have missed it.

4: I am thinking about a -1 penalty to all non pyro powers but I am nnot sure if that might be to much

you get a +1 to 5 powers
access to 3 powers not allowed to sykers but 2 of them are severely limited (elemental control fire only and elemental protect: fire and heat only)
wanderingmystic
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MagusRogue wrote:
thanks, wandermystic! I'm collecting these you're posting and formatting them into into a file looking similar to how the Deadlands Goes Deluxe! pdf file looks. I'll need more people with awesome pdf layout and the Fan stamp once all ABs have been figured out, though, to submit to pinnacle for possible hosting.

Thanks for the interest I am hoping to have the Toxic Shaman powers up later tonight. They are taking a little longer due to their unique shape-shifts.

note I cleaned up Sykers so take a look at the changes

Last edited by wanderingmystic on Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
wanderingmystic
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toxic Shamans

Originally Toxic Shamans were broken up into 5 groups Insect Shamans and Elemental Shamans: [Radiation(fire), Sludge (water), Smog (air) and Trash (earth)]. In keeping with this idea I have translated the powers into each different sphere of influence. This means that many powers have drastically different trappings, normally a shaman would only have access to one of those trappings when they chose their powers. General powers were ones shared by all shamans.

Armor
    Insect: Chitin {the shamans skin is covered in an exoskeleton}
    Smog: Misdirection {swirling winds block the shaman}

Banish; General: Spiritual Attack {toxic spirits attack the offending spirit forcing it back}
Barrier; Trash: Junk Wall {wall of trash}
Blast
    Insect: Pestilence {cloud of insects}
    Radiation: Radon {cloud of toxic gas}
    Sludge: Acid Ball { ball of acid that you hurl} Acid Trapping: Corrosion
    Trash: Volcano {creates a small volcanic eruption} Acid Trapping: Burns (from lava)

Bolt
    Insect: Maggot Infestation {maggots infect the wounded character} must already be wounded, ignores armor no hit roll needed
    Radiation: Rad Blast {blast of atomic energy}
    Sludge: Flush {blast of raw sewage}
    Smog: Coffin Nail {flings burning cigarets at your opponents}
    Trash: Jersey Shore {flings used hypodermic needles} Electricity Trapping: Spasms

Burrow; Insect: power of the same name
Burst
    Sludge: GERD {vomits a stream of acid}
    Trash: Garbage Disposal {the ground opens up swallowing opponents}

Damage Field
    Insect: Stinger {Shaman gains stingers on fingertips} dose not deal damage to opponent who strike the shaman. Acid Trapping: Burn except no reduction in damage die type. Self Only
    Radiation: Electrostatic Armor {glows with green radiation} Self Only
    Smog: Whirlwind {swirling winds and debris protect the shaman} Self Only
    Trash: {creates a cloud or swirling trash} the shaman may move this power away from his body and has a range of Smarts

Detect/Conceal Arcana; General: Ask the Spirits {ask the spirits fro arcane detection and concealment}
Dispel: no known power
Drain Power Points; Trash: Confound work only against Junker devices
Elemental Manipulation: General, Elemental shaman only: Cleanse/Corrupt Radiation {remove or create Tainted Element} Element based on toxic shaman type
Entangle
    Insect: Web {shoots a web at an enemy}
    Sludge: Slime {vomits a sticky goo at an opponent}
    Smog: Smoke Ring {lights a cigarette and blows an ensnaring ring at an opponent}
    Trash: Shackles {rock hands grab the opponent}

Environmental Protection
[list] General: Immunity {radiation and toxic environment}
Farsight; Radiation: Radar Range
Fear: no known power
Fly
    Insect: Wings of Locust {sprouts insect wings} self only
    Smog: Lighter than Air {allows you to float moved along by the wind which you can control} self only
    Trash: Dumpster {allows the shaman to fly by standing on a garbage can or dumpster}

Growth/Shrink; Insect: Insect Form {transforms into a giant mantis when you grow or swarm of roaches when you shrink}
Havoc
    Sludge: Oil Slick {creates a pool of oil} Cold Trapping: Slow
    Smog: Smog {chocking cloud drops opponents to the ground coughing}
    Trash: Epicenter {earthquake} self centered, shaman is immune to this power

Healing: power of the same name must balance out the healing by polluting an area
Light/Obscure
    Radiation: Glow Ball {creates a glowing ball or energy} Light Only
    Smog: Purple Haze {creates a purple haze} Obscure Only

Pummel; Smog: Gust {blast of wind}
Shape Change; General, Elemental shamans only: Elemental Form {transforms into an Elemental of the appropriate element} Heroic Power
Smite
    Insect: Insect Strength {affects the Shamans Body by enhancing his strength} adds bonus to Strength checks
    Radiation: Energy Weapon Fire Trapping: Flammable
    Sludge: Acid Weapons {coats weapon in acid} Acid Trapping: Corrosion

Stun
    Insect: Stink Bug {releases an noxious cloud of stench}
    Radiation: Heavy Water {makes the water in an opponent heavy}
    Sludge: Toxic Shock {forces the opponent to suffer from toxic shock}
    Smog: Caustic Mist {obscuring burning mist} Darkness Trapping: Shroud

Succor: no know power
Summon Ally
    Insect: Summon Insect {summons a swarm of insects varying in intensity}
    Radiation: Rad Rats {summons a swarm of Rad Rats varying in number}
    Sludge: Blobs {animates blobs of sludge to serve the shaman}

Wall Walker: no known powers

Last edited by wanderingmystic on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
wanderingmystic
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Templars

Armor: Armor of the Saints
Beast Friend: power of the same name
Boost/Lower Trait: combination of several powers to enhance skills
Darksight: no known power
Deflection: Guardian Angel
Disguise: Guise
Environmental Protection: Purity
Farsight: Deadeye
Greater Healing: just a better version of Lay on Hands
Healing: Lay on Hands
Quickness: Celerity
Smite: Inner Strength also adds bonus to strength checks
Speed: power of the same name
Succor: Endurance
Warrior’s Gift: no known power

Saints: most of the abilities granted by spending a white fate chip can be mimicked by using Boost Trait
MagusRogue
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would for Toxic Shamans, the Smog ability actually be Deflection rather than Armor. less overlap. I'll look at the rest later. I might also condense some stuff. No need to have two names for the same power. For instance instead of Brain Blast and Brain Buster both be under Bolt, I'll just call it Brian Buster. Easier to understand. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wanderingmystic
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MagusRogue wrote:
I would for Toxic Shamans, the Smog ability actually be Deflection rather than Armor. less overlap. I'll look at the rest later. I might also condense some stuff. No need to have two names for the same power. For instance instead of Brain Blast and Brain Buster both be under Bolt, I'll just call it Brian Buster. Easier to understand. Smile

Wile I agree that the power should be deflection toxic shamans in Reloaded do not get access to that power so i was trying to make it fit
within the new rules. I had to omit about half of the toxic shaman powers for the same reason since so many of their powers do not conform to existing ones

I do not really mind the overlap for Toxic shamans since it lets me pick one type of toxic shaman (insect, radiation, sludge, smog or trash) and then still pick the powers I want to have but keep them themed with the type of shaman I am.

Streamlining toxic shamans Ideas
turn the various shape shifts into Elemental form which transforms the toxic shaman into an elemental of the appropriate element (Heroic power only). Then to reflect the insect shaman make it Grow/shrink with the trapping that when you grow you become a giant insect and when you shrink you become a swarm of insects
MagusRogue
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrm... I don't have my book on me but Toxic Shamans do get Summon right? could make it a variant trapping of Summon where the shaman BECOMES the summoned object rather than just summoning one.
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MagusRogue wrote:
... For instance instead of Brain Blast and Brain Buster both be under Bolt, I'll just call it Brian Buster.

Poor Brian.

I'll now quit being a pedantic tool. Well, for a while, at least. Embarassed
MagusRogue
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, my sp3ling is teh bist!!!!!!!!!!
MagusRogue
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so how bout Doomsayers?
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wanderingmystic wrote:
Toxic Shamans
Succor: no know power

Actually, "Fatigue" in Classic was Wind Damage. Most healing spells could restore lost Wind, and many could remove certain underlying ailments (radiation effects, disease, or minor injuries).

Succor is simply the lesser uses of the old Healing powers.
MagusRogue
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

le bump about the doomsayer abilities. I could figure it out myself but.... when you're doing such a good job, wanderingmystic...

btw I'm burning through the list now, and assigning trappings as I see fit for powers that don't have analogues. Alot of sykers is "no visible effect" or the like for the telepathic powers, making it kinda easy. LOL!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: