Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Converting things from Classic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Willis
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Converting things from Classic Reply with quote

Hey all. I'm gonna use "Something about a Sword" as part of my Reloaded campaign. I'll need to convert the sword though. It does different things based on what type of chip you spend, but since Reloaded doesn't use chips, I'm unsure how to handle it.

Any advice?
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evanor is a stupidly-powerful weapon. I have yet to meet a Marshal that was happy to leave it in the posse's possession. The following reflects that.
Stats - use the Core Rules katana with +1 Parry (Str+d6+2, AP 2, Parry +1).
When used by a Templar, he gains the Champion edge (+2 damage and Toughness versus supernatural evil).
Make a Faith roll to gain the benefits of quickness. This is an action, but the sword is providing the power.
Spend benny to activate the Blue power.
Spend benny, make a Test of Wills as a full round action (no movement, no other active rolls) against a supernaturally evil foe. If the Test of Wills succeeds then the next attack this fight that causes a Shaken or worse kills the monster. Invulnerability and Immunity may allow a resistance roll, at the Marshal's discretion.
Willis
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what would you recommend doing with the sword? I suppose they could head to Boise to turn it over to the Templar order. That could be an adventure in itself.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty strongly assumed that the heroes will do exactly that. Something About A Sword is an excellent lead-in adventure for either The Destroyer (in Last Crusaders) or The Boise Horror.

If I wanted to leave the sword around for a while, I'd tone down the abilities somewhat.
The white chip equivalent would simply be cut. I'd have the blade simply provide the Templar with the Quickness power, no other benefits. I'd cut the blue chip power entirely. And I'd probably make the Legend chip equivalent require two bennies.
Still one hell of a good blade, but not campaign wrecking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: