Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Offensive" Power Costs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Showdown
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caveman
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: "Offensive" Power Costs Reply with quote

I'm fleshing out some characters for a Showdown game and want to make sure I'm calculating the cost of the Powers correctly... Let me preface this by saying that I have looked through and tried the various cheat sheets and troop builder spreadsheets to try and verify the correct way of doing this.

Per the Troop Builder and other sheets, an Arcane Background costs 10 points and each Power costs 5 points, regardless of what it is. However, when calculating the weapon costs do you also add in the capabilities of powers like Bolt or Blast?

In the Troop Builder spreadsheet none of these Powers are listed under Ranged Weapons. However on Lord Inar's (quite awesome) spreadsheet he does list Bolt with the Ranged Weapons for the Rumble in the Jungle scenario. In that scenario Doc Gold has Bolt to represent his lightning gun and his figure costs 18 points. I plugged Doc Gold's stats into Lord Inar's spreadsheet and he came up as 25 points with Bolt included under Ranged Weapons and 18 points without Bolt included...

It seems the intent of the rules is to NOT include potential Power damage when calculating the figure cost, but I can make an argument to myself either way on this and I'm curious what others have done.
John Goff
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cost of the power includes the effect. So in other words, you don't calculate the cost of a ranged attack power as both a power and a weapon. A mad scientist with bolt using the trapping of a lightning gun doesn't have to also pay for the lightning gun.

However, on the off chance you have characters equipped with non-AB lightning guns, you would have to cost them out as weapons, if that makes sense.
Caveman
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

Thanks for the feedback, that matches what the rules say and verifies my original thought... I'll have to see how balanced it works out to be on the table but I'm guessing it will work out alright.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Showdown All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: