Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doomsayer allies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calabim
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Doomsayer allies Reply with quote

I noticed that Doomsayers have Summon Ally on the spell list but I didn't really think any of the allies in the main book fit. Anyone got any suggestions on what might make a good list of allies for a doomsayer.
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Doomsayer allies Reply with quote

Calabim wrote:
I noticed that Doomsayers have Summon Ally on the spell list but I didn't really think any of the allies in the main book fit. Anyone got any suggestions on what might make a good list of allies for a doomsayer.

Not sure how you would stat them or what kinds of friends doomsayers would have. All I did with doomsayers when i played HOR classic was make there heads or chest explode

Gamma dogs from the hulk

Rad scorpions from fallout

Mutant Biker from Weird Science

Stewie Griffin with tentacles from the family guy Y2k episode
Kilgore
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar question about Toxic Shamans, although I figured for that that I would just use a mix of swarms/giant bugs and toxic spirits, using the stats for the lesser spirits laid out in the the spirit companion edge at lower levels and commensurate tweaks of the elementals in the SW book at higher levels of the spell.

I'd imagine you could do something similar with Doomsayers, but maybe stick in mutated animals, or possibly even Trogs. I think that at higher levels maybe using fire elementals as a version of radiation spirits could work as well for Doomsayers as it would for Toxic Shamans. Although thematically, it'd maybe be more of a projected control of the glow than summoning an actual independent spirit like a Shaman would.
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Classic HoE, there's a Doomsayer miracle called Rad Wraith.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sitting Duck wrote:
In Classic HoE, there's a Doomsayer miracle called Rad Wraith.

Don't forget Rad Zombie. Smile
I'd recommend using the Fire Elemental stats, but with Radiation instead of Fire trappings. A can of Dr. Pepper works like a gallon of water, and it's probably Incorporeal (remove the melee attack and let it float through objects).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: