Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HoE PDFs are More Expensive than Print Books

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thunderforge
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: HoE PDFs are More Expensive than Print Books Reply with quote

First off, I LOVE the fact that Pinnacle has had a sale of Classic Hell on Earth stuff. Thanks so much!

However, I'm really surprised to find that in many cases, the PDFs of these classic books are more expensive than the print copies. For instance, the print of The Wasted West is $5, but the PDF of the The Wasted West is $6.

I would really like to see the PDF versions of all the Hell on Earth books sold for equal to or less than the corresponding print copy.

The Elder Scrolls conversion and other fun creations.
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also have to pay shipping for printed books, which you don't for the PDFs. In then end, they actually aren't cheaper in most cases, but we want to make sure that they're very competitive for the duration of this sale.
PEGShane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our PDF prices are set where we want them long-term. The print versions are what's leftover. Once they're gone, they're gone forever.

Thanks!

Shane
steelbrok
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as I was about to put my Wasted West and Quick and the Dead on ebay!

Smile
The Geezer
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PEG classic books are priced somewhere in the 20's of , on amazon.co.uk. I think I even remember seeing one priced at 50 quid (about $100).
steelbrok
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd been thinking of putting it on at 10, might still
mac40k
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent over $100 stocking up on pdfs. Since I've run out of shelf space and moved to an iPad, it is actually my preferred format. I don't mind paying at or near the same cost as print because it is my preferred format and has additional features such as hyperlinked bookmarks, searchable text, and with GoodReader, cropping gets most pages large enough to read without zooming and panning.

Sadly, this is not the case with the HOE Classic books, which are just a (poor) scan of the print books. The scan of Iron Oasis isn't even square, which is even more painfully obvious when trying to crop the page. I still don't have the space for the physical books, but I think they are the better value at the current pricing.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac40k wrote:
Sadly, this is not the case with the HOE Classic books, which are just a (poor) scan of the print books.

Most of them are much better than that. Iron Oasis and Brainburners are two really poor examples (unless they've updated Brainburners since my last download - Cyborgs eventually got fixed), but most of them are true pdfs, fully searchable. No hyper-linked TOC or indices, but given the fact that these products are about 20 years old, I can forgive that.
chillburn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PEGShane wrote:
Our PDF prices are set where we want them long-term. The print versions are what's leftover. Once they're gone, they're gone forever.

Thanks!

Shane

On this subject, will there (is there?) be a print copy of HoE: Reloaded available? I'm old-school and like hard copy (and sending you money).
PEGShane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On this subject, will there (is there?) be a print copy of HoE: Reloaded available? I'm old-school and like hard copy (and sending you money).

Absolutely. We hope to have advance copies at GenCon. Smile

Shane
chillburn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool.

I'll be at DragonCon, so I guess I'll have to wait for them to come out on the site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: