Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So you're going around Banshee and wanna be Savage (spoil??)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagusRogue
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: So you're going around Banshee and wanna be Savage (spoil??) Reply with quote

Well, now that we have Hell on Earth, potentially down the road we're gonna get a trip to the Lost Colony. And, in that gem, you can lay some smack down finally on the Reckoners themselves.

Sooo speculations yet on how they'll look all Savaged out?

PS Spoilers i guess in case people don't know about/have read the Lost Colony Companion?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd guess that they'd be about the same as their Classic selves. Minimum Large size (Size +4 or more), Invulnerability, unique weaknesses, and some amazing powers that will wreck most posses. And each one should have it's own Plot Point Campaign for hunting it down.
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ValhallaGH wrote:
And each one should have it's own Plot Point Campaign for hunting it down.

Things may very well change considerably by the time we get to Lost Colony, but right now four Plot Point books looks to me like a huge long shot.

After four years of working on four PPs for the big gran'daddy, the Weird West, we've published two. Wink

That being said, you'll be seeing some Savage stats for a Reckoner waaaaaaay sooner than Lost Colony! Twisted Evil
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutter XXIII wrote:
ValhallaGH wrote:

Things may very well change considerably by the time we get to Lost Colony, but right now four Plot Point books looks to me like a huge long shot.

I didn't say it would happen, just that is should. Mr. Green

Honestly, I'm just glad that you're planning to Reload Lost Colony at some unspecified future point. That's enough awesome for me - even if you merely hand out the same vague guidelines for each plot point that were in the Classic material. Anything beyond that is pure victory. #gunbattle
PlatinumWarlock
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutter XXIII wrote:
ValhallaGH wrote:

That being said, you'll be seeing some Savage stats for a Reckoner waaaaaaay sooner than Lost Colony! Twisted Evil

This....this intrigues me....

Any more spill able details? Perhaps which setting (HoE or Deadlands proper or DL noir) we'll see this in?
smarttman
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PlatinumWarlock wrote:
Cutter XXIII wrote:
ValhallaGH wrote:

Any more spill able details? Perhaps which setting (HoE or Deadlands proper or DL noir) we'll see this in?

Details? From Cutter? That will be the day.
Erpegis
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutter XXIII wrote:
ValhallaGH wrote:

After four years of working on four PPs for the big gran'daddy, the Weird West, we've published two. Wink

I'm guessing that the Lost Colony Companion could be redone from scratch as a Savage Plot Point. Unlike other campaigns it did not tell a story, but shown how a story could be told, and since it was open-ended and very sandboxy it'd be a perfect fit for a large Plot Point. Heck, it could even be placed in the main LC book. It'd need to be "retconned" - that is, the story hasn't started yet and the Reckoners have been haunting Banshee for two years since the end of Unity.

The more I think about this idea, the more I like it! Smile
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erpegis wrote:
the Reckoners have been haunting Banshee for two years since the end of Unity.

Only about six months, so far. The current HOE year is ~2097.
Clint, post #13: http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36848&highlight=2097+2099
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smarttman wrote:
PlatinumWarlock wrote:
Cutter XXIII wrote:
ValhallaGH wrote:

Details? From Cutter? That will be the day.

Laughing Hey, I give details sometimes. It's Joel who'll never say anything definite.
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutter XXIII wrote:
Laughing Hey, I give details sometimes. It's Joel who'll never say anything definite.

You might be on to something, there, Cutter.
doctorduckbutter
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Lost Colony, I know it is early in the planning phase, but is it going to be the biggest reboot so far? By that I mean, the most changes to maybe the focus of the game? I had a friend that went to GenCon and went to the preview panel for Lost Colony back in the day. The way he spun it to me was that the setting should have been a more Firefly-esqu (you were ahead of your time) setting. Reading the book it was very Banshee based, I was hoping for more planets and ship hoping, etc....Thoughts?
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're ahead of us. Wink
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doctorduckbutter wrote:
Reading the book it was very Banshee based, I was hoping for more planets and ship hoping, etc....Thoughts?

Faraway is a single-habitable-planet system. For damn good reasons in the Marshal's section. Mr. Green Still, it's got a lot of asteroids, comets, and celestial bodies that are being mined for resources. It's got a couple of space stations designed for nearly-permanent occupancy (complete with "artificial gravity"), and there are a number of warships floating around in the black. But the most important parts of the future of Faraway are being decided on Banshee - hence the focus on the planet.

Still, you aren't the only one with such an idea, and that might help you develop your own Faraway system.
doctorduckbutter
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ValhallaGH wrote:
doctorduckbutter wrote:
Reading the book it was very Banshee based, I was hoping for more planets and ship hoping, etc....Thoughts?

Faraway is a single-habitable-planet system. For damn good reasons in the Marshal's section. Mr. Green Still, it's got a lot of asteroids, comets, and celestial bodies that are being mined for resources. It's got a couple of space stations designed for nearly-permanent occupancy (complete with "artificial gravity"), and there are a number of warships floating around in the black. But the most important parts of the future of Faraway are being decided on Banshee - hence the focus on the planet.

Still, you aren't the only one with such an idea, and that might help you develop your own Faraway system.

I am not really saying this is my idea, this was the original idea that was spoken about at GenCon 1999 (I believe). I realize that it was built with Banshee as a center point now, but I was hoping in the future they might go back to the vision that was described way back when.
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With only two books and a novel published for it, Lost Colony is the most "reloadable" (read: ret-connable) of the existing DL settings.

With the release of Avatar, the "damn good reasons" for focusing on Banshee are far less compelling in my opinion. Not that I have seen, or will see, Avatar, but I know the gist. Cool

My goal is to place some more focus on those mining colonies and space stations, maybe even advance the timeline a bit, and create a full-fledged milieu that fulfills the promise of the original concept. Not that there's anything wrong with the existing books -- John Hopler & Co. did a fantastic job -- but there's still a lot of untapped potential there, setting- and story-wise.
doctorduckbutter
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutter XXIII wrote:
With only two books and a novel published for it, Lost Colony is the most "reloadable" (read: ret-connable) of the existing DL settings.

With the release of Avatar, the "damn good reasons" for focusing on Banshee are far less compelling in my opinion. Not that I have seen, or will see, Avatar, but I know the gist. Cool

My goal is to place some more focus on those mining colonies and space stations, maybe even advance the timeline a bit, and create a full-fledged milieu that fulfills the promise of the original concept. Not that there's anything wrong with the existing books -- John Hopler & Co. did a fantastic job -- but there's still a lot of untapped potential there, setting- and story-wise.

Awesome, and I want to also go on record that I love Lost Colony, and I think the product is great! I just agree that there is a lot of potential that can be opened up with the setting, especially in a post -Firefly world!
Big Bad Jack
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More "Firefly" less "Avatar", then?

I'd support that in a hurry, even if I considered LC the weakest of the three originally -- though I still saw a lot of potential.
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Bad Jack wrote:
More "Firefly" less "Avatar", then?

Maybe... I've only seen about four minutes of a single episode of Firefly, so I can't say for sure. Very Happy

I'm just really excited to work on Lost Colony. Unlike the Weird West, which has a specific "official" future and a lot of parts that need to mesh perfectly, LC has tons of potential for adding all-new elements and taking the setting in a new direction. It really is the "final frontier" of Deadlands settings.
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one thing you need to add that every one expects but dosent want to be the first to mention.

What you need on the cover is a half human half Banshee Jungle girl
Yuri
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutter XXIII wrote:

Does this mean we'll see Death in the Stone and a Hard Place?

Y
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: