Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Quick and the Dead pdf?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagusRogue
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: The Quick and the Dead pdf? Reply with quote

Hey Pinnacle guys, I've been working on rounding out my pdf collection of the deadlands classic products (nostalgia!!!! love the old stuff), but notices something: I can't find Quick and the Dead anywhere! I'm sure I'm missing a couple other books too but that's one book I used to own personally and lost due to... ahem... 'friends' and would love to add to my pdf.

Any idea if/when you guys might be able to find it, scan it, and upload it to your pdf store?

*inserts random image of Frye from Futurama screaming to just give you cash*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hallahetta
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think there are a english pdf version of it. I've heard of a french one tho, but not sure.

Most of the The Quick and the Dead has been incorporated into the new players guide and new marshal guide.

But there are lots of valuable epitaph info I havent been able to found anywhere else =(. For that reason, we've accumulated several of the hardcover books (the book is badly made and pages loosen from the binding very quickly, even with mint condition books).

Been looking for a PDF version forever myself. As soon as my own hardcover of The Quick and the Dead gets more pages loosen, I might just tear out all the pages and make my own little scanned version of it.

EDIT: if you are looking to buy a copy of the book, there is a near mint for sale at nobleknight for $25
MagusRogue
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I've seen the french pdf. Think it wouldn't be kosher saying to the pinnacle guys you wanna scan your copy though. not sure the copywrite stuff there. LOL

But anyhow, I'd put money down if they could dredge up the book themselves!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hallahetta
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MagusRogue wrote:
Yeah I've seen the french pdf. Think it wouldn't be kosher saying to the pinnacle guys you wanna scan your copy though. not sure the copywrite stuff there. LOL

But anyhow, I'd put money down if they could dredge up the book themselves!

Got no intentions of distributing it, but I have bought 2 hardcover versions of the book. The last one less then 6 months ago, while it was still shrink wrapped from nobleknight. But even now the pages have started to loosen in the sides, that that is shitty quality made, and we use the book so often. So instead of buying another copy, I rather scan my own book for my own use. Unless Pinnacle can release their own pdf version, which I would happily buy, given the chance.
PEGShane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't see any reason to do a "Quick and the Dead" PDF because all of that material wound up in the split Players / Marshal's books. (Prior to that there was a single DL rulebook and then Q&D was essentially a companion.)

Shane
hallahetta
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PEGShane wrote:
We don't see any reason to do a "Quick and the Dead" PDF because all of that material wound up in the split Players / Marshal's books. (Prior to that there was a single DL rulebook and then Q&D was essentially a companion.)

Shane

Understandable. But did you guys put the epitaphs from Quick and the Dead into some of the other books? Or is quick and the dead the only source for info around Dodge City epitaph?
MagusRogue
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrm, thats actually a little dissappointing. I know most of the material was reprinted, but alot was not (like the Epitaphs in the end and the art). That and I really want it because of completionist OCD tendencies. I can understand if you're reluctant to add it though, but then again, Twisted and Toxic Tales are pdfs... Cool
otherdoc
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hallahetta wrote:
Most of the The Quick and the Dead has been incorporated into the new players guide and new marshal guide.

But there are lots of valuable epitaph info I havent been able to found anywhere else =(.

Yeah, the Epitaph sections in that book were very useful because I could just hand the book to the players and let them see it as an in-character document without all the spoilers they put alongside the info when it was ported over to the Marshal's Handbook. Heck, I'd probably pay for a pdf of just the Epitaph sections of that and/or other books - I loved the flavor and it was a cool setting prop. Smile
Gallows
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The quick and the dead has a huge newspaper players guide to the weird west. It's awesome in style and content. I'd like to have that available at least.
Jonah Hex
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't q&d also have some character write-ups that didn't reappear anywhere?

I know Law Dogs mentions Doc Holliday and John Wesley Hardin were in q&d - Holliday showed up in the Marshal's Guide but I don't recall Hardin showing up anywhere. Fortunately, for my purposes, he is in GURPS Who's Who.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: