Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about radiation in Reloaded

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smarttman
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Question about radiation in Reloaded Reply with quote

I have a few questions about radiation in HoE Reloaded, and I'd appreciate it if people could clear it up.

1. Are 'the glows' different from Radiation Sickness in the SW core rules?
2. Does ALL radiation have a chance to mutate people? I know Radstorms and Ghost Storms can mutate people who come into contact with them, but what about background radiation?

That's it, really, but it'd be great if they could get cleared up. Thanks!
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Does not seem so. The glows is an Exhaustion-level disease effect, which is exactly how SWD handles it.
2. Yes. The marshal's section (Mutation) is pretty clear about that.
smarttman
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the idea is if a character is Incapacitated by radiation, they get the glows, which is the Ailin' Major Hindrance, correct?
Yondalor
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does gaining mutations from background radiation work, anyway? I looked through the book, but couldn't find any rules for it. It just says you can get mutations from radiation.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smarttman wrote:
So the idea is if a character is Incapacitated by radiation, they get the glows, which is the Ailin' Major Hindrance, correct?

No.

If the character is incapacitated by radiation then they they get "the glows", which is a Long-Term, Chronic, Minorly Debilitating Disease.
Ailin' (Major) says that you have a -2 penalty to resist Fatigue, making it almost the same as the Anemic hindrance - the difference being a Major and a Minor hindrance. Often the flavor text for the Ailin' is some kind of radiation sickness (also known as "the glows").
smarttman
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yondalor wrote:
How does gaining mutations from background radiation work, anyway? I looked through the book, but couldn't find any rules for it. It just says you can get mutations from radiation.

I'd like to know this too. If the 'ghost storm' section is any indication, you have to roll a 1 on the trait die.

However, I don't know if that applies all the time
Yondalor
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smarttman wrote:
I'd like to know this too. If the 'ghost storm' section is any indication, you have to roll a 1 on the trait die.

However, I don't know if that applies all the time

The rules for Radstorms say that if you roll Snake Eyes on the Vigor roll, you get a random mutation. I can imagine regular radioactive dust being less "potent" than a ghost storm, so maybe this goes for regular background radiation as well?
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yondalor wrote:

Good question. Maybe we can get an answer from Clint?
smarttman
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also wouldn't mind knowing the default mutation 'levels' of the world. It seems that the outskirts of cities only really have low radiation levels, and then the rest is up to the Marshall. The Coyote Wastelands would probably have a lot of pockets of high radiation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: