Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Undead Super Soldiers (Classic)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HoraceBlack
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Undead Super Soldiers (Classic) Reply with quote

I'm writing an adventure involving undead super soldiers with a few automatons thrown in for good measure and I thought I'd share their stats for any who are interested.

Undead Super Soldiers
Corporeal: D:2d8, N:2d8, S:3d12, Q:3d10, V:4d12+2
Climbin’ 2d10, dodge 3d10, fightin’: brawlin’ 4d10, quick draw 4d10, shootin’: any 4d8, sneak 3d10, swimmin’ 2d9, throwin’: balanced 4d8
Mental: C:2d8, K:1d4, M: 1d6, Sm:1d4, Sp:1d4
Demolition 4d4, overawe 5d6, ridicule 1d6, search 3d6
Pace: 10
Size: 7
Wind: NA
Terror: 9
Special Abilities:
Damage: Bite (STR)
Fearless
Gear: Undead Super Soldiers have great supplies of armor, ammo, and guns.
Undead
Fists-of-Dorn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

Did you intentionally have their nimbleness-related skills using d10s when their nimbleness traits are d8s? Swimming is written out as d9s.
Ridicule is also a d6, whereas the Smarts is d4.

I like the general trait levels and aptitude levels. As well as the simplicity of their abilities. Kind of like Veteran Walkin' Dead on steroids ;P

At first I thought this might be in reference to one of your players getting the Red Joker draw on the Soldier table. If you don't mind me asking about the adventure you are writing up, what have you got in store for the posse? Old army base? Damocles unit all nabbed by Manitous?

Also, off topic, I generally like and always use the expanded Veteran table you wrote up some time back. So thanks for that.

-Fists.
HoraceBlack
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Fists, let me try that again

Undead Super Soldiers
Climbin’ 2d10, dodge 3d10, fightin’: brawlin’ 4d10, quick draw 4d10, shootin’: any 4d8, sneak 3d10, swimmin’ 2d8, throwin’: balanced 4d8
Demolition 4d4, overawe 5d6, ridicule 1d4, search 3d6
Special Abilities:
Fearless
Undead

I wanted to keep it simple so I took the veteran walkin' dead and gave him the super soldier mods, plus undead of course.
One of my players wants to become a super soldier (after character gen) so I'm designing an adventure giving him the chance to do just that.
The soldiers aren't to bright so the automatons will probably be the brains of the operation, the soldiers might even have simple instructions on their persons.
The base is going to be underground, where the government did pre war experiments trying to build a super soldier that wouldn't die, but of course their plans never really worked out (the soldiers turned on their trainers with the help of the automotons) with a lot of help from the evil powers that be.
In the end the players can find the lab with just enough super serum for one last super soldier (he still has to spend the bounty for the edge though).
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoraceBlack wrote:
Undead Super Soldiers
Climbin’ 2d10, dodge 3d10, fightin’: brawlin’ 4d10, quick draw 4d10, shootin’: any 4d8, sneak 3d10, swimmin’ 2d8, throwin’: balanced 4d8

Okay, the only d10 trait is Quickness, which means that only Quick Draw would have d10s. Everything else is d8s for physical aptitudes - being based on Deftness or Nimbleness.
Quote:
Demolition 4d4, overawe 5d6, ridicule 1d4, search 3d6

Search is Cognition based, so gets to be d8s. All others are spot on ... unless you forgot to drop the Cognition die type when adjusting for Super Soldier - in which case Search is good and Cognition is wrong.

Oh, and Pace should be 8 for their d8 Nimbleness.

I like this idea. It seems like a great way to work with your players to give them something they want, but at a high cost.

P.S. I also have been using your expanded veteran tables for years, with much joy. Thank you for those. Very Happy
HoraceBlack
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrgg! I botched my stat block roll again!
Thanks Valhalla, you're absolutly right, I'll make those changes.
I did lower the Mental Stats according to the super soldier edge.

I'm glad you guys are still enjoying the Veteran Tables. My goal with that was to make the players think twice before taking veteran.
HoraceBlack
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I increased the Nimbleness to d10 and double checked everything (this is why another set of eyes is great to have).

Undead Super Soldiers
Corporeal: D:2d8, N:2d10, S:3d12, Q:3d10, V:4d12+2
Climbin’ 2d10, dodge 3d10, fightin’: brawlin’ 4d10, quick draw 4d10, shootin’: any 4d8, sneak 3d10, swimmin’ 2d10, throwin’: balanced 4d8
Demolition 4d4, overawe 5d6, ridicule 1d4, search 3d8
Special Abilities:
Fearless
Undead
Fuzyfeet
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoraceBlack wrote:
I'm glad you guys are still enjoying the Veteran Tables. My goal with that was to make the players think twice before taking veteran.

I love it, problem is so do my players. LOL. They also regularly seek out any Deck of Many Things...

Just my $0.02

My Deadlands sites
The Lynchburg Journal
The Junkyard Intranet
The Temptation Reportl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: