Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deadlands-Appropriate Minis from Reaper
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JRyan
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting all this information. This will be incredibly useful as I bulk up my miniature collection!
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper #59011 - Andrew Lane, the "Ghost"

I like to think of this as "Abraham Lincoln, Zombie Hunter." ;D The base is a War Cast Studios (http://www.warcaststudios.com/home?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=53&category_id=21) 30mm resin "city" base, replacing the plastic one that originally came with the miniature.

The two "crawlers" beside A.L. are just put together from assorted undead "bitz" left over from painting up others' Warhammer Fantasy undead armies and such; I made a few of them for the "not-quite-walking-dead" for my War of the Dead zombie-apocalypse campaign.
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper Savage Worlds #59023 & #59006: Texas Rangers

A couple of Texas Rangers painted up for Deadlands Reloaded. On the left, I've re-based the model on a War Cast Studios resin "flagstone" 30mm base. On the right, that's supposed to look like the edge of a board-walk on the main street of some Old West town, with a little green cactus growing in the street ... but I think that "cactus" doesn't look very cactus-like from this angle. I think I'll have to revisit that.
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper Chronoscope #50165 - Decker Lugstampf, Steampunk Hero

I took a piece of cloth mesh cut into a circle and glued into the 30mm plastic base recessed area to paint up as a "grill" through which I could have a "glowing" fiery red-orange-yellow area beneath, with "lighting effects" on the armor (it's dry-brushed bronze in the shadowed areas).

Reaper Chronoscope #50187 - Smedley Cloverdash, Evil Villain

A very stylish "steampunk villain" type (or, hey, he could be the hero for all I know) with a pocket watch or compass or more exotic device.

One thing I noticed that was in common for these miniatures: Each one has indications of having a robotic right leg. At first I thought it was just a leg brace on the right leg for Smedley, but it looks like Smedley and Decker each have robotic-looking right feet. There must be something especially hazardous for right feet in the Chronoscope steampunk universe. Beware those brake pedals!
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper #59001 - Reverend Grimme:

This miniature is kind of interesting in that it comes with two alternate left hands -- one holding a book aloft (which is what I went with here), but the other holding a large crystal or over-sized jewel (possibly meant to represent a chunk of ghost rock?).  Both of those hand options also show up in the #59026 "Deadlands Weapons & Accessories" pack.  Anyway, even though it's meant to represent a specific NPC (Reverend Grimme), it also works as a miniature to represent a general Blessed character (since as of this writing they haven't released any "Blessed" archetype characters in the line).

Reaper #59008 - US Agent:

This miniature is armed with a "Gatling pistol," which is also one of the guns in the Weapons & Accessories pack.

Reaper #59016 - Coot Jenkins, Prospector:

A major NPC from the original Deadlands game (at least in some of the story fluff), though he could also work for some sort of snake-oil salesman, etc.  That weird green thing next to him was another attempt at a putty cactus, hastily added on because I had a little more epoxy putty mixed than I strictly needed.  Unfortunately, it was already solidifying by that point, and resisted attempts to add grooves on the sides to make it more cactus-shaped ... so, not really a success, that.
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan Peacock wrote:
two alternate left hands -- one ... holding a large crystal or over-sized jewel (possibly meant to represent a chunk of ghost rock?).  

Probably the Heart of Darkness - the world's only known Ghost Rock diamond, and a major component of the ritual (Bloody Sunday) that made the Edict of '77 possible.
The Heart of Darkness adventure trilogy (Classic) has most of the details.
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, it looks like with Reaper's Bones Kickstarter, there are going to be some Chronoscope cowpokes, according to this update

So far, it looks like Ellen Stone and Deadeye Slim will be added. For more on the steampunk side, there's Dita the Steampunk Witch, and the two Time Chasers - Andre Durand and Sascha DuBois. I also imagine that if you paint up the metal bits with lots of bronze and brass, that big cyber-gorilla "Ape-X" might work for a steampunk mad-science experiment as well. (I suppose "The Black Mist" might be of interest to anyone getting into Deadlands Noir.)

These are projected to be out around March 2013, by which point I suppose I'll be able to get product numbers to add them to the list.
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of new minis

Two Mad Scientists
http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/previews/latest/50280 (female)
http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/previews/latest/50281 (male)

Rifle armed Cowgirl
http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Chronoscope/latest/50282
Ogma
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Red Petals Su... So confused... Reply with quote

OK, Pinnacle buddies, you have to explain something to me (because maybe I missed something along the way...)

So this is the Reaper mini for Red Petals Su... I always assumed (based on the name, the fact that she has Knowledge (English), and the fact that she is a Martial Artst with Chi Mastery who works for Kang) that she would, I don't know, look a tad more "Asian"... Was the blonde hair just an error on behalf of the figure painter or is there more to her story than we know???
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Red Petals Su... So confused... Reply with quote

Ogma wrote:
Was the blonde hair just an error on behalf of the figure painter or is there more to her story than we know???

I believe this has been brought up on the Reaper forums, too. I think the issue of "what is this character SUPPOSED to look like?" is usually a moot point for the Reaper miniature painters. Here's a metal mini; now, paint it. I figure someone just saw this, thought, "Arr, she be a pirate lass!" and picked some colors on a whim.
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Red Petals Su... So confused... Reply with quote

Ogma wrote:
I always assumed ... that she would ... look a tad more "Asian"

The features are very Asiatic, as is the hair style. It's mostly a color thing and that's probably an artist going "pirate lady. I feel like making her blonde."
Uthoroc
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda like the idea of Sue XY going "native" among the Chinese pirates and becoming Red Petals Su in the process. Very Happy But she could indeed just as well been painted as an Asian lady.
RockabillyRebel
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not Reaper, but still good for Deadlands:

Great Maze
Shan Fan Tongs, Iron Dragon Workers, or Martial Artists

Tongs, Iron Dragon or Maze Pirates

More Chinese:

http://wargamesfoundry.com/historical_ranges/single_packs/colonial/china_1839-1900/chinese_bandits_swordsmen_ch012/?sector_id=

http://wargamesfoundry.com/historical_ranges/single_packs/colonial/china_1839-1900/chinese_bandit_spearmen_ch010/?sector_id=

http://wargamesfoundry.com/historical_ranges/single_packs/colonial/china_1839-1900/chinese_bandits_missilemen_ch011/?sector_id=

http://wargamesfoundry.com/historical_ranges/single_packs/colonial/china_1839-1900/chinese_execution_and_coolies_vch001/?sector_id=

Mexico

Aztec Eagle Warriors

Aztec Jaguar Warriors

Aztec Warriors

Aztec Priests

Mexican Army

Juaristas or Banditos

Juaristas

French Legionairres

Anywhere
[url=http://wargamesfoundry.com/historical_ranges/single_packs/old_west/cowboys/zombie_gunfighters!_ow010/?sector_id=12] Walking Dead or Harrowed[/url]
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andre Durand - Reaper Bones #80005

Andre Durand, from the Chronoscope line, makes a pretty good steampunk hero -- and works nicely in Deadlands, since it looks like he's carrying a gatling pistol in one hand. (As for the mechanical gauntlet ... well, I'm sure there's something in Smith & Robards that could explain that.)

I modified this one a bit by adding a hat with some putty (and relocating the goggles on top of the brim) so he'd look a little more at home.
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dita the Steampunk Witch (Bones Plastic)

This same figure is available in pewter from Reaper in the Chronoscope line as #50236. Sadly, the plastic Bones version appears to only be for the Kickstarter, as I can't find the SKU for the plastic version in the Reaper store. The nose on this figure is rather subtle, and thus I fear that this might've suffered the same fate as the "noseless" Ellen Stone plastic figure.

Nonetheless, it paints up fairly nicely even with my meager skills (or so I reckon). As far as working for a Deadlands character, I suppose this would be a more outlandish possibility -- but if the figure were still available in Bones plastic, it would also make a nice contender for conversions. With a little work, that pointy hat could be changed into a bonnet, and the broom could just as easily be replaced with some sort of gizmo that would be a little less witchy, and a little more mad-sciencey.

Alas, there's no way I'm going to shell out $6+ a pop for the pewter version just to chop it up for experimentation, so this is the one version that'll be going into my Deadlands APC box for now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: