Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ConCarolinas Charlotte, NC Jun 1-3, 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> The Con Suite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muse
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: ConCarolinas Charlotte, NC Jun 1-3, 2012 Reply with quote

Ok, so this one is more than 6 months away, but I want you guys to have plenty of time to plan to join us!

ConCarolinas has a little bit of everything and it's all wonderful! We'll be having a SSN here too, so if you want in, PM me. Thanks!

http://www.concarolinas.org/
gleepism
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gleepism sneaks into the thread.

Whispers:

cinnamon basil

sneaks back out.
gleepism
Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first rule of Con Carolinas:

Don't Talk About Con Carolinas

Twisted Evil
Christina Stiles
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this is not too far away, and there's no discussion!

Erica B, are you coming to this one? If so, let me know--especially if you want to room share to cut expenses.
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be there. Get the full Joel Experience. Know joy. Know fear. Know laughter. No refunds.

Mr. Green
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be running It's Not Easy Being Green, the JourneyQuest adventure I just ran in Seattle (per the front page of the PEG site).

www.peginc.com
Pep
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be there but mostly just chilling and hanging out. I've decided not to run anything this time around, choosing instead to help with gaming registration.
SavageGamerGirl
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christina Stiles wrote:
Wow, this is not too far away, and there's no discussion!

Erica B, are you coming to this one? If so, let me know--especially if you want to room share to cut expenses.

No, sadly, I won't be able to make it.

The next con I'm planning to go to is MACE in November.
Christina Stiles
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SavageGamerGirl wrote:

No, sadly, I won't be able to make it.

The next con I'm planning to go to is MACE in November.

Sorry to hear that. I hope to catch up with you at MACE then.
gleepism
Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be running Pirates of the Flowstone Sun morning, and since it looks like the RPG tables are pretty sparse Sunday afternoon, I may volunteer to run Hairy Tales (AKA the two hour chicken fight).

I like that last slot on Sunday... the room is not as crowded so the noise level is down and everyone is a bit punchy from lack of sleep and too much caffeine. Smile
savage greek
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be running Slipstream for SSN and Beasts & Barbarians on Sunday morning. You will also be able to find me at the Beautiful Brains Books & Games booth. http://beautifulbrainsonline.com/

Hope to see you all soon!
Rohan
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We won't be there, but I know there's going to be at least one of our adventures run. If anyone can snag some pictures, and perhaps a story about that, I'd really appreciate it!

Become a fan on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Silvergryphongames

Current WIP: Wellstone City Chronicles, Puppets, and One-liners
Christina Stiles
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savage Greek wrote:
You will also be able to find me at the Beautiful Brains Books & Games booth. http://beautifulbrainsonline.com/

Jodi got ANOTHER booth babe? You the woman, Jodi!!! Smile
savage greek
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I just get called a "Booth Babe?" Surprised

I can live with that. Wink
gleepism
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a great time during the Con.

Christina's Rogue Mage game was a barrel of fun... with every player a character in their own right! I felt positively normal! Smile We all had a lot of fun with the conflicts that were designed into the characters and their backgrounds... The Luck points were flying fast and heavy during that session! It was a great start to the Con!

For the Fri evening slot I had the rare pleasure of canceling on Clint's game. That should be worth some sort of award, yes? (For who, I am not sure!) Had a great time playing in Tommy's "No More Monkey Business" adventure. The puns were flying even faster than our bullets. And man, did we HATE that NPC so much!

Sat Morning started kind of rocky, but Will and I threw ourselves at Tommy's gaming table and refused to be dislodged by the hordes of screaming fans. We then had a blast at being terrible and mediocre and letting the others that hadn't played "Putting the Fun in Fun House" shine.

Louis did a great job running "The Last Act of Master Xian To." The super powers companion was a great way to bring the high flying adventure of over-the-top oriental martial arts to life! (And now I feel so much more confident about using SPC for my own mixed-genre steampunk-ish sort of setting.) The combination of Honor and super-charged martial arts worked very well.

And then came the insanity. Clint's "It's Not Easy Being Green." That table did for role playing what Stonehenge did for rocks--with Clint the giant stone table in the middle! And the rest of the table was careening down the tracks to certain doom right with him to a magnificent conclusion. It was like every bit of role playing that was trapped inside us was released at once in a cathartic explosion. It was Awesome and a new level of epic. I mean, really, just.... Holy crap!

Still a bit dazed from that experience, I stumbled up to the Sunday tables. I had signed up to run "Pirates of the Flowstone" and volunteered to run a pick-up game in the afternoon, a reprisal of Hairy Tales (or, as some call it, "The 2-Hour Chicken Fight").

Now, I'll be honest... While I was excited to run a session, I was also dreading that Sunday morning. For I knew from looking at the schedule that the slot was occupied by some of the best GMs I'd had the pleasure of gaming with. (And, um, cursing myself for volunteering for a slot they were running games!) When I got there, it was worse! There were five of them. Five! Arrrgh! Although, I perhaps I had the consolation of not having to choose between them... HAH!

Trickling through that Colander of GMing Greatness, two lone players lodged themselves at my table. (My own roommate bailed on me: "Nah man, I'm going to sleep in and wander around the con.")

With two players, I was a little worried how things would go... So I gave them a couple extra bennies and let things rip. Cinnamon and Tea blew through the conflict points in minutes in ways that 6-8 players in previous games took an hour. I had to dredge my own role playing chops out since it turned so often into social and even psychological warfare. A team composed of an expert talker with +8 charisma and an expert shooter with a .50 cal... brought new meaning to adding insult to injury!

Then came Hairy Tales. Again, two players at the table (one from the morning actually came back for more!). But what the heck, the morning had gone great... So again a couple extra bennies to compensate for missing players and we barreled into the adventure. (And interestingly enough, the returning player deliberately chose the character with the high charisma since that had looked like so much fun earlier!) It was a team of beauty and the beast since the second player picked the wizard with ugly hindrance. Now the wizard's player was my roommate and he'd been in the play testing for the adventure. I'm pretty sure he chose the wizard so he could fry that chicken. The chicken's reputation started in the two play testing sessions... and only grew to new heights at MACE:West. But like a good sport, he didn't say a thing about the chicken and moseyed on in when the other player decided that tower was the first order of business.
The chicken attacks the wizard. Doesn't manage any damage, but is perched on his head for another go.
The social-based character throws a dagger... and does 4 wounds to the chicken.
FIVE bennies later, that chicken still has 4 wounds.
R.I.P.
The adventure continues!
The two of them went through the plot points in different ways than any of the previous games (leaving my roommate in the dark) and even recruited a couple NPCs I had originally stated out for players that might show up late for the session (Jodi got a laugh out of reading those character sheets). A bunch of running around--sometimes to things but usually from things--and the Hairy Tale ended with the wizard unleashing a lightning blast of a nice, even 50 points of damage.

I think it went well. Smile

One again, the gaming at ConCarolinas was a great convention and I feel it's because of the wonderful people that come to play and run.

You guys rock!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> The Con Suite All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: