Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[NE] Funny
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vinzent
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: [NE] Funny Reply with quote

This is the groups third meeting. They don't know the overarching plot of NE but....

they are currently discussing how to blow up Star City. The aliens apparently want it so Dr. Nightmare (one of the cantankerous players) wants to destroy it.

LOL

I'll let you know how it works out.
xxlgeeklord
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....I had never thought of this. Your players are awesome.
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck shipping in and placing sufficient explosives without attracting attention. Razz
Locke
Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's definitely a creative solution. I hope my NE players don't consider it ...
Snate56
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember (and remind them), That they're not the Dr.Dooms or Darkseids of the world, they are the Captain Colds and Paste Pot Petes of the world. Laughing
To destroy the city is going to take nothing less than a nuclear blast or asteroid strike. Neither of which are likely with the V'sori in charge.

SteveN
Lysander
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, come on, let 'em dream big! And if they fail, they let's hope it'll be a spectacular failure, one to be remembered for the ages. I mean, do you know who won the World Ski Flying Championships in 1970? No, of course not, nobody really does. But I bet you know who Vinko Bogataj is... he is the poster boy for 'The Agony of Defeat' in the ABC Wide World of Sport intro. And if that's a bit past your age curve, see this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKEDD1i4oGk

So, as a GM, I celebrate villainy on so grand a scale, if only to watch a spectacular failure in the making!! You go Dr. Nightmare!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSReSGe200A
Savage_Mask
Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought vilains in NE wanted to kick the V'sori out of Star City to reclaim it. So they would have their playground back. But then again, why dont they just leave Star City and claim another city? Hehe
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If in real life a 15 year old from Detroit can make a nuke reactor what can the great lake avengers do

http://harpers.org/archive/1998/11/0059750
Vinzent
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so here is how it went down.

The last job, they captured a V'Sori M'Buna. The tech wizard set the M'Buna's fusion reactor to explode on a remote trigger. They flew it into North Point and with a clever use of illusion (hiding theirs while projecting a second M'Buna) the landed it on the Governor's lawn. They commandeered a SoCorp humvee and fled the chasing Warspheres while SoCorp and the V'Sori checked out the illusion.

Then they blew the place to holey heck. That was last week.

This week, the V'Sori were out in force. Patrols now consisted of groups of three M'Buna and all citizens were warned to be off the streets or be shot.

Cast-
The Obstacle, a hulk wannabe.
Resonata, Mistress of electricty and Dr. Nightmare's granddaughter.
Dr. Nightmare, a super-sorcerer villain from the silver age of comics. He's still powerful but old, cranky, and trapped in a wheelchair.
The Wraith, a sniper with the ability to go invisible or intangible.
and finally
The Shadowmaster, aka "Ass-Hat" for his penchant to mind control a subject, turn himself into a hat, forcing his victim to put the hat on, and then dissolving their head.

The plan-
Commandeer another M'Buna
Fly it up to a V'Sori Man O' War and capture it
Crash the Man O' War into Star City.

"This plan will never work," says Wraith.
"Fool! Of course it won't work! They'll stop it, but maybe we'll learn why Star City is so important to them!" scream Dr. Nightmare maniacally.
"Look man, I'm just saying that all of my stuff is here and I like my stuff," says Wraith.
"Obstacle just want to smash a head."
"Trust me, I've been in this game for a long time kid. These plans always get stopped." replies Dr. Nightmare.
Shadowmaster thinks to himself "If your plans always fail and your current plan is to fail..."
"The V'Sori can't be so incompetent as to let us win, can they?" rants Dr. Nightmare.

So they go into the street to ambush another patrol. Maybe they forgot it when I said that there would be 3 M'Bunas.
Dr. Nightmare rolls his chair into the center of the street and uses his matter control spell to stop the middle M'Buna.
The Obstacle throws a car at the left one, but it bounces off of the M'Buna's armor.
Resonata fires her electricity but does nothing.
Shadowmaster reaches for the mind of one of the pilots but fails.
The 2 remaining M'Bunas open fire. They miss Dr. Nightmare but strike the Obstacle for 1 Wound.
The Obstacle throws a bus this time and destroys the M'Buna that Dr. Nightmare is holding.
Resonata and Wraith bring down the second M'Buna and Dr. Nightmare uses his super-sorcery to seize the other M'Buna (whose pilot is under Shadowmaster's control, thus pissing off Shadowmaster).
Eleven Fins leap out of the back of the remaining M'Buna.
Dr. Nightmare brings the M'Buna down on top of them, squashing 8 of the 11.
Obstacle throws a manhole cover and decapitates a Fin.
Resonata and Wraith kill the remaining two.
And Shadowmaster causes the pilot of the M'Buna to fire both cannons on Dr. Nightmare, dealing 22 points of Heavy Damage to a feeble old man with a Toughness of 2.
In a fit of rage, Obstacle destroys the last M'Buna.

Yeah, that went well.
Shadowmaster gets the mind of a pilot under her control.
Snate56
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savage_Mask wrote:
... But then again, why dont they just leave Star City and claim another city? Hehe

Because the V'sori can orbital blast any city except Star City.

And the concept here is that the villians are pissed at the V'sori for mucking about with thier planet.

SteveN
Savage_Mask
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snate56 wrote:
Savage_Mask wrote:
... But then again, why dont they just leave Star City and claim another city? Hehe

Because the V'sori can orbital blast any city except Star City.

And the concept here is that the villians are pissed at the V'sori for mucking about with thier planet.

SteveN

But if the V'Sori only care about Star City why should they care if some random vilains half way across the world do their thing and dont bother them? But I disgress hehe. This is why I always hesitate to run someone else's module. Player's often find a way to take a module to another direction and make you wish you hadnt spent money on a book you won't get to use hehe. God bless 'em!
Snate56
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your villians want to be the absolute masters of Hackensack, I'm sure the V'sori would turn a blind eye. However, anything much bigger than that probably has a V'sori governor and garrison troops and if you muck with them you will feel retaliation.

There has also been a lot of destruction around the world and if you're looking to rule Chicago or San Fransisco, it may well not even be there anymore.

There are probably even a few villian quislings around, even a surviving hero or two, with thier own little fiefdoms, but that's not the focus of the game. Very Happy
It's the PCs job not to come up with why they wouldn't fight, but to come up with the reasons why they would.

SteveN
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savage_Mask wrote:
But if the V'Sori only care about Star City why should they care if some random vilains half way across the world do their thing and dont bother them?

Because the V'sori don't only care about Star City. Honestly not sure where that thought is coming from unless it's just presumed from the thread and not the book.

To be clear, the V'sori rule the world. The whole thing. Lex Luthor doesn't get Australia or even Hackensack for that matter. They rule and humans serve (one way or the other).

There is no escaping them, and they have a zero-tolerance policy for anyone exhibiting an ability they don't understand (or even ones they do understand). Unless the players' plan is "We pretend to be normal and work for our new overlords," they will be hunted down by the V'sori wherever they go.

Heck, it would be harder to survive outside of Star City because if push came to shove, the V'sori would just drop a couple of Man O' Wars over the area and open up with Laser Batteries and their "nearly unlimited" supply of fusion missiles. That doesn't even get into the issues of not having the support of the resistance network.

If the players want to play a different kind of game, that's cool, but it's not how NE is set up to be sure.

www.peginc.com
xxlgeeklord
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint wrote:
...Heck, it would be harder to survive outside of Star City because if push came to shove, the V'sori would just drop a couple of Man O' Wars over the area and open up with Laser Batteries and their "nearly unlimited" supply of fusion missiles...

in the book it says there is still a lot of resistance in Australia, where a resistance group is disappearing of into the jungle after successful raids. So why don't the V'sori just drop a couple of Man 'O War's over the jungle and blast it to pieces?

Probably the V'sori need all the ships they can get keeping check of Star City or something, cause the large dangerous orbital weapons sure don't seem to be doing much.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxlgeeklord wrote:
in the book it says there is still a lot of resistance in Australia, where a resistance group is disappearing of into the jungle after successful raids. So why don't the V'sori just drop a couple of Man 'O War's over the jungle and blast it to pieces?

Actually, that "resistance" is in Africa, not Australia (Oz is solar farms). And it's not that they run into the jungle to hide, they disappear into the jungle and savannahs just as they seem to appear out of nowhere. The African resistance is backed by "older and darker things," so joining it is akin to taking the Servitor hindrance or becoming a different kind of drone really.

Anyway, the V'sori don't drop Man O' Wars because they don't know where to send them. They can pretty much take out a city, but nearly an entire continent is a bit beyond them. Of course if they ever figure out where their foes are coming from, you can bet they will drop the proverbial hammer on them.

www.peginc.com
Savage_Mask
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I don't understand is the praise these players get from people in this thread for wanting to blow up the city. Question
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savage_Mask wrote:
What I don't understand is the praise these players get from people in this thread for wanting to blow up the city. Question

It's mostly just laughter. Players often try to do some really strange things. And then are amazed when the consequences don't match their expectations*. The only human responses are to laugh or cry, and laughter is usually healthier.

Non-Random Example:
Choosing to blow up the only place on Earth that hasn't been directly devastated by the wildly successful extra-terrestrial conquest. There are only two reasons the aliens wouldn't have treated this location like all others: A) some kind of backlash they fear, B) destroying a resource they value more than they value 10,000,000 new slaves.
The PCs will be awfully surprised if it turns out that A was the reason, and that they have now called that backlash down upon themselves, and removed the one location from which to build an effective resistance.
xxlgeeklord
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ValhallaGH wrote:
Savage_Mask wrote:

It's mostly just laughter. Players often try to do some really strange things. And then are amazed when the consequences don't match their expectations*. The only human responses are to laugh or cry, and laughter is usually healthier.

Non-Random Example:
Choosing to blow up the only place on Earth that hasn't been directly devastated by the wildly successful extra-terrestrial conquest. There are only two reasons the aliens wouldn't have treated this location like all others: A) some kind of backlash they fear, B) destroying a resource they value more than they value 10,000,000 new slaves.
The PCs will be awfully surprised if it turns out that A was the reason, and that they have now called that backlash down upon themselves, and removed the one location from which to build an effective resistance.

Actually, if the players do find out about the backlash and they manage to put the explosives into place or whatever they could use it to keep the overmind hostage. If he doesn't give them what they want they blow up the city and he experiences sudden intense backlash, probably resulting in instant painful death.
Vinzent
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savage_Mask wrote:

I'm running the game sandbox style instead of having Dr. Destruction hand out their missions to them. My players came up with an inventive idea, I'll roll with it.

Besides, they are villains. This is what villains do.
Orangataur
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love your PC's! Please share more?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: