Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Troll Lord Games@ DieCon 12 June 22nd-24th Collinsville, Il

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> The Con Suite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tylermo
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Troll Lord Games@ DieCon 12 June 22nd-24th Collinsville, Il Reply with quote

Just a head's up to all of my Savage Worlds(and Castles and Crusades)friends...

Troll Lord Games is returning to DieCon 12 in Collinsville, Illinois(near St. Louis, MO). The convention is set for June 22nd-24th at the Gateway Convention Center. Our booth will be fully-stocked with most of the Castles and Crusades line. I have it on decent authority that we'll have a good stock of the latest book, Classic Monsters(C&C iterations of Fiend Folio and MM II, etc.). Possibly even Monsters & Treasures of Aihrde hardcovers, and portrait gm screens. Booth babe, James McCormick will keep an eye on the store as I run three demos over the weekend. Here are the sessions as follows. Official times have yet to be finalized.

Game System:Castles and Crusades
Game Title:Raid on Ettenridge
Game Company:Troll Lord Games

Game Description:You and your fellow adventurers take a brief respite in the quiet town of Ettenridge. It's anything but calm and serene, as your arrive to a grisly scene of burning homes. Even worse, a number of young folks have come up missing. A mysterious figure has also been seen in town recently. It's up to you to find those responsible, and return the children to their families. Castles and Crusades is the fantasy game you've played for years, made simpler by the Siege Engine mechanic.
Max Players:6
Game Session:TBD

Game Title:The Rising Knight

Game Description:The village of Malforten has come under a dire and grievous threat. A gnoll warrior and his associates have encroached upon the community, demanding tribute. Malforten's request for soldiery has been denied, leaving the townsfolk to depend upon you. Locate this foul beast, and end his reign of terror. Castles and Crusades is the fantasy game you've played for years, made simpler by the Siege Engine mechanic.

Game Title:The Mythnoc Cairns

Game Description:Your party stops off for a bit of "civilization" at Dirty Bowbe's Roadhouse before seeking adventure and glory in the Haunted Highlands. Treasure aplenty is said to be had in the Mythnoc Cairns. Will you find great fortune, or horrors beyond imagining in this long abandoned burial ground? Castles and Crusades is the fantasy game you've played for years, made simpler by the Siege Engine mechanic.

DieCon is on it's 12th year, and keeps growing. Attendee numbers were somewhere between 500-550 last year. 245-280 gaming events were on the schedule representing RPG's(including Savage Worlds), board games, CCG's, and miniatures. Several dealers, including TLG, will be on hand to satisfy your gaming needs. Collinsville is located approximately 30 minutes east of St. Louis, Missouri. In addition to great gaming, plenty of hotels, restaurants, and shopping centers await. The Gateway Arch, St. Louis Zoo, the St. Louis Science Center, Six Flags, and other attractions are available if you're bringing non-gamer family members along. There's even a Nugent/Styx/Speedwagon concert I'm going to miss that weekend. lol Troll Lord Games hopes to see you at DieCon 12! Tylermo
chitownroy
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely check it out once the events are released.
tylermo
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you again, Chitownroy. There are some games posted on the website already. Not the complete list with times. Considering the convention is coming up in late June, I expect Jon Bancroft and company will have the full schedule up soon. I've been going as an attendee/judge since 2005. Ran a lot of Savage Worlds, Castles and Crusades, and some board games over the years. In recent years, I've been acting as Troll Lord fanboy/booth sales/demo rep. lol If you're looking for a small yet solid gaming-only con, DieCon delivers the goods. Jon Bancroft and Joe Sansone are also involved with gaming at Archon(same town/same location). I'll give you the links for both. Archon is a multi-faceted con with a good gaming schedule, costumes, panels, authors, etc. Both are highly reccommended. Waiting on final approval, but I'll probably be the TLG booth/demo guy at that one, as well. Here you go, man.

diecon.com

archonstl.org
tylermo
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll say it again. I'd keel over if Clint and Jodi Black, Studio 2, or Evil Mike and Chaos Steve were at these conventions. Shane actually attended Archon 2004. One of the first two Savage sessions I ever played in. Very Happy
chitownroy
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely looks like a cool little con. I am headed to Gencon as well this year, well so far I am. I really like the smaller cons because you actually get to play in game you want to rather than having to play the lottery to get a seat in a decent game.
tylermo
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gencon looked as if it would be a possibility, but my ride and hotel providers have backed out. If TLG is short a few staff, I may be selling with them. Still yet, there'll be the problem of getting there. Anyway, it is easier to get in games at the smaller cons. I recommend getting there early to sign up, however. Btw, I just got approval for Troll Lord Games booth space at Archon 36, also at the Gateway in Collinsville. I'll post more info later. For now, check out archonstl.org
chitownroy
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler how does the event sign up work for Diecon?
tylermo
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I recall(you'd think I would know for sure), sign up's are done on site. They fill about half of the slots on Friday, and save some of them for those who arrive on Saturday. My memory is a bit foggy. I can probably e-mail the organizers to be certain. I'm fairly sure they don't do online sign up's.
tylermo
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another reminder...DieCon 12 is this weekend in Collinsville, Illinois(near St. Louis, MO). See my first post, and check out diecon.com for more details. I recall there being some classic Deadlands on the schedule for sure. Hope to see some of you there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> The Con Suite All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: