Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

deadlands hoe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nerovipus
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:44 am    Post subject: deadlands hoe Reply with quote

Can a doomsayer with the greenie henderance have both child o the atom and steel-trap mind edges?
newForumNewName
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This question might see an answer much faster if it were in the appropriate section. The rules section or the Deadlands section would probably see responses much faster than here.

Just a bit of friendly advice. Best of luck.

"While nFNN could be less of a jerk about how he says what he says, what he says is essentially correct." -- ValhallaGH
The Geezer
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should post this in the intended forum.
I thought it was about HOE:RL or something...
...However the answer is yes, if the Marshal allows it
JackJWells
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the answer to that one, its come up in the 1000 games we have played, but for the life of me I can't remember what the edge Childern of the atom does off the top, and I really do not want to go into my storage to pull the book out lol
Hunting Moon
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On page 52 of Hell On Earth it states that a character can only have one Arcane Backround. Either they are a doomsayer, a junker or whatever. They can not be more than one because the background defines how they see the arcane in thier world.

Child of the Atom grants +1 strain. While it does not say that its exclusive to Doomies it does seem to imply it, since the text talks about how great they are at soaking up radiation. It also uses text that is exclusive to those with the required Arcane Background. (page 52 of Children o' the Atom)

Greenie, on the otherhand, flat out says that it its a limited grant of the Arcane Background Syker for free in exchange for a special hinderance. (page 39 of Brainburners).

Steel mind trap seems to be the same thing as Child of the Atom except that its exclusively for Sykers. I use the same logic as I did for Child, the text seems to be very clear in that its for Sykers and is useless to anyone without a Arcane Background to make Strain something to be interested in.

So one seems to be exclusive to Doomies, one is exclusive to Sykers, one is a version of an Arcane Backround and Arcane Background says that they such backgrounds can not mix. So, no. They can not be used together as they belong to mutually exclusive families.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: