Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help figuring out what to do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Troven
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Need help figuring out what to do. Reply with quote

Hi there,
Well as the Subject says i need help.
I am curently playing a Templar With Omega Man And Deathwish (Weird West Veteran).
And i decided my character having lived/died from a fight against a DoomBringer Servator would like to get his relic 5 sword back. The only problem is as I died i saw him toss it into a Maelstrom, and a strong one at that. So i need help figuring a way to get in and get it (Also findig it if the wind picked up), without dieing again.
Thanks For your time. Laughing
Fists-of-Dorn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

This sounds like you need to speak with your Marshal between sessions and let him know that you would like to take the time to reacquire your beloved sword. Perhaps your Templar wants to figure out what went wrong against the Doombringer ( i.e. make his Academia: Occult to see if he knows the abomination's weakness to Doomsayer magic ) and comes to the decision that he needs to recruit the aid of a Doomsayer with the intestinal fortitude to stand with him against the Doombringer. After finding the Doomsayer, your Templar can tell her that he must find the sword he lost during his first battle against the Doombringer. The Doomsayer can then offer to assist with some of her radiation-based powers. Together with your other posse members, a short adventure within the Maelstrom can happen- even maybe dealing with some sort of situation in that area to boot- and then everyone can head off to find the Doombringer and give him a taste of his own radioactive medicine.

You might direct your Marshal to look at the "Doom Comes to Frog Town" adventure in the back of the Children of the Atom book. He ought to be able to easily adapt it to the area where your Templar's sword was lost, and it provides a great adventure for everyone involved. It is best to have one of the players as the Doomsayer, so if anyone in your posse is considering retiring a character, even temporarily, then this would make for a great introduction point for a Doomsayer player-character to meet the other characters.

Good luck.

-Fists.
Troven
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Fists But my Templar Has a 4 Occult and we had a doomsayer during this fight. (He finnished off the doombringer by finding out that if anyone killed by him that caused emotional trama carried a weapon, that weapon would become his weakness. Aka My sword (Due to killing many of his followers.) or a followers gun (He had to kill most to stop me from killing all.))
And my gm told me he had the bringer throw my sword for a goal/quest for Me/Templar.
I just need to know how should i get into the maelstrom and find my sword.
Edit: Sorry My Phones Destroying my grammar and spelling.
Edit2: I fergot to mention my marshall said it will most likely kill even a harrowed Doomsayer with Tolerance cast.
Crion
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

troven wrote:
Thanks Fists But my Templar Has a 4 Occult and we had a doomsayer during this fight. (He finnished off the doombringer by finding out that if anyone killed by him that caused emotional trama carried a weapon, that weapon would become his weakness. Aka My sword (Due to killing many of his followers.) or a followers gun (He had to kill most to stop me from killing all.))
And my gm told me he had the bringer throw my sword for a goal/quest for Me/Templar.
I just need to know how should i get into the maelstrom and find my sword.
Edit: Sorry My Phones Destroying my grammar and spelling.
Edit2: I fergot to mention my marshall said it will most likely kill even a harrowed Doomsayer with Tolerance cast.

This sounds like your Marshal already has an idea to turn this into an adventure, so you really should talk to him and make sure that it IS an adventure hook before marching off into the madness (especially considering how deadly this maelstrom is).

Otherwise, you're going to be going out looking for specific tech/magic/relics to let you in, or there will be some Higher Power guiding you through it. . .
Fists-of-Dorn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Yeah the more I hear of this the more it sounds like your Marshal has something in store for the heroes already- with a specific way(s) to get into the maelstrom that will become more apparent as the adventure unfolds. Considering how maelstroms work and your Marshal's example, it really sounds like he has something worked up already.
Sounds like a situation of "Hurry up and wait." Since it's going to be an adventure though, you ought to have a lot of fun as your Templar regains his relic blade and rights whatever wrongs lay beyond the swirling wall of irradiated souls of the malestrom wall.

-Fists.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: