Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Custom Bennies for Wonderland No More, Etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Custom Bennies for Wonderland No More, Etc. Reply with quote

(Custom Bennies for Wonderland No More setting.)

For my upcoming Necronomicon convention games, I wanted some custom Bennies ... but of course there aren't any for the Wonderland No More setting. However, I have a number of poker chips that are devoid of any embossed emblems in the middle (just a flat circle in the middle, 1" diameter, no logo), which makes them perfect for circular labels. On Amazon.com, I got some label sheets with 1" circles (63 per sheet).

The label maker site provided a Word document with a template in the form of a table. I selected the table and made the borders visible, then exported the template as a pdf, and loaded it into Adobe Photoshop as a guide layer. Next, I made circle outlines to fit each of the squares, so I could see roughly where the stickers would be. I took the "green leather" texture from the WNM cover and stretched it across the page, then inserted little "Wonderland No More" logos in each space for one page. For the second page, I inserted several segments of art from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There, and The Hunting of the Snark, plus a couple of odd Tenniel illustrations, and a few of the WNM character portraits.

I took several assorted poker chips that I'd already spray-painted gold (to serve as gold coins once upon a time for a LARP called "SwordTag"), gave them an extra coat for good measure, and then started applying the stickers.

For a Ghostbusters-themed scenario, I used some red poker chips (which once upon a time served as "copper pieces" for that aforementioned LARP) and put a "no-ghosts" logo in the center.

Voila! Bennies.

Link to labels on Amazon.com that I used (though it looks like they're on clearance)

Any poker chips need a large, flat area in the center, without embossed images, or else the stickers won't apply evenly. Also, there needs to be enough space in the middle that the stickers won't extend over the interlocking ridges that typically go around the edges of poker chips, or they won't stack right.

Of course, I'd like to make clear that this was a bit tedious, and the stickers aren't likely to hold up to much wear before it really shows and they start to look homely, since this is just printed ONTO a label, rather than glossy stickers like you'd get done professionally. The only point in doing it was so I could get Bennies that look just the way I want for the convention. For general Savage Worlds use, and for established settings, I still recommend getting the official Savage Worlds Bennies from Studio 2 Publishing.
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Surprised Genius!! Surprised Surprised
Chaosmeister
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Work!
warrenss2
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep coming back and looking at this.

I wish there were some "generic" type bennies made. Like for western, pulp, horror, etc...

With this method I can make my own.

Now... to find the art work...
RockabillyRebel
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a set of 25 for my Rock and Roll Horror Setting:

Kristian Serrano
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RockabillyRebel wrote:
I made a set of 25 for my Rock and Roll Horror Setting:

Whoa, mind starting a new thread about this setting? Been listening to The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion's Plastic Fang, and it's been putting me in the mood for something along these lines.
Raise Calculator
RockabillyRebel
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21808
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: