Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random Deadlands Thoughts
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Random Deadlands Thoughts Reply with quote

It just occurred to me that the first Plot Point book's title is a pretty big freakin' spoiler. Laughing
Radical Ans
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't give away how big it is though!
newForumNewName
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a spoiler. It's foreshadowing.

"While nFNN could be less of a jerk about how he says what he says, what he says is essentially correct." -- ValhallaGH
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Excellent.
PlatinumWarlock
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't worry about spoilers--it's no more spoiler-y than the cover of the reloaded Marshal's Handbook or the classic cover.
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PlatinumWarlock wrote:
I wouldn't worry about spoilers--it's no more spoiler-y than the cover of the reloaded Marshal's Handbook or the classic cover.

"See this guy? Yeah, okay. Just remember him, dudes." Twisted Evil
Maticore
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutter, hate to break it to ya, I think you spoiled pretty hard on on cover and title of Last Sons too...
Thunderforge
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Stone and a Hard Place is a big spoiler too..

The Elder Scrolls conversion and other fun creations.
Demonicuss Krinn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing City o' Gloom is still nice and non-spoilery, right?
iamfanboy
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thunderforge wrote:

Maybe it shoulda been Everybody must get Stoned, eh?
GranFalloon
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My group has absolutely no idea who the Last Sons are. Or Raven. Or Stone. That's one upside of having a group that doesn't read up outside of the game.
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maticore wrote:
Cutter, hate to break it to ya, I think you spoiled pretty hard on on cover and title of Last Sons too...

Thunderforge wrote:

Surprised

If you guys can figure out how those Plot Points end from the titles alone, I'll be very, very impressed. Very Happy
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, open question: What's your favorite dangling plot thread from Classic that hasn't been updated yet?

(Excepting The Cackler, please. Wink )
PlatinumWarlock
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whooo...so many choices!

I'd probably have to go with the crossover stuff from Adios A-Mi-Go. I'm a big Call of Cthulhu fan, and the idea of a junction between the Weird West and the CoC universe is just too tantalizing....especially when, word is, that we get to revisit New Jerusalem in The Last Sons!

That, and I'd love to see how the Weird West fits in with Rippers...so much potential!
WilyQuixote
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutter XXIII wrote:
So, open question: What's your favorite dangling plot thread from Classic that hasn't been updated yet?

(Excepting The Cackler, please. Wink )

I'd really like to see how the Ernst Biren vs. Enoch Shaw plot played out. This was one of the more interesting secrets of the Weird West IMO. Just in case anyone needs a quick refresher on what I speak of, all the details can be found in the Classic Hucksters book.
McCurmudgeon
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always wondered what happened to Old Stone. He has to die at some point because if he lived into HoE he come just travel back again, and then there'd be Old Old Stone. Rinse and Repeat and you've got some problems.

What happened to the Collegium and the Electrothermic Entropy Projector? I know you said something about that being wrapped up but any hits about what book it'll be in?

What happened with Knicknavin and his plans? Again it revisits Gomorra.

Hellestromme's first trip into Hell? The Hellbore was a bit of a tease about that.

The Great Summoning and Wasting? I haven't read Last Sons yet so I don't know if there's anything about those there.

The Aztecs and their plans in Mexico?

The Mason conspiracy back East?

Quote:
(Excepting The Cackler, please.)

Does this mean that will be revealed at some point?

I'm sure I have more questions but this seems like more than enough at the moment. If any of the answers are in books please just tell me which, Thanks.

EDIT: I just saw the Great Summoning is in Last Sons
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCurmudgeon wrote:
I've always wondered what happened to Old Stone. He has to die at some point because if he lived into HoE he come just travel back again, and then there'd be Old Old Stone. Rinse and Repeat and you've got some problems.

Y'know, Old Stone is a far worse bastard than anyone has ever given him credit for. Multiply Young Stone's orneriness by infinity and you're almost there. He's just Bad News.

..what was the question again? Smile

Quote:
What happened to the Collegium and the Electrothermic Entropy Projector? I know you said something about that being wrapped up but any hits about what book it'll be in?

I'd have to look it up and see whether it ties into Smith & Robards 1880, but the Hellstromme Plot Point is my best guess.

Quote:
What happened with Knicknavin and his plans? Again it revisits Gomorra.

Can't ever do it. AEG owns the rights.

Quote:
Hellstromme's first trip into Hell? The Hellbore was a bit of a tease about that.

Hellstromme Plot Point.

Quote:
The Aztecs and their plans in Mexico?

Trail Guide: South o' the Border.

Quote:
The Mason conspiracy back East?

The next volley of Trail Guides will go Back East, and the Masonic conspiracy plays a HUGE role.

Quote:
(Excepting The Cackler, please.)

Quote:
Does this mean that will be revealed at some point?

Shane's never said otherwise, only that he was looking for the right vehicle to tell the story. Depending how things go, it could very well be a comic book. Just speculation right now, though.
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PlatinumWarlock wrote:
I'd probably have to go with the crossover stuff from Adios A-Mi-Go. ...especially when, word is, that we get to revisit New Jerusalem in The Last Sons!

I love Call of Cthulhu too, which is why I couldn't resist bringing back New Jerusalem. Smile I guess you've seen it by now. That's about all we'll do with it though. (There won't be any updates or conversions of the three Werewolf crossover Dime Novels.)

Quote:
That, and I'd love to see how the Weird West fits in with Rippers...so much potential!

There was speculative talk of something like this for a future product, but that's all I'll say now lest it end up on the Big List. Wink

WilyQuixote wrote:
I'd really like to see how the Ernst Biren vs. Enoch Shaw plot played out. This was one of the more interesting secrets of the Weird West IMO.

Stone and a Hard Place, amigo.
PlatinumWarlock
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutter XXIII wrote:
McCurmudgeon wrote:

Y'know, Old Stone is a far worse bastard than anyone has ever given him credit for. Multiply Young Stone's orneriness by infinity and you're almost there. He's just Bad News.

..what was the question again? Smile

Y'know, it makes me think that, at some point, one of the Stones is going to kill the other, with only one managing to survive their way into Hell on Earth. It'd fit Stone's weakness, and it would get rid of the temporal paradox (while simultaneously creating more delicious conundrums) of having multiple stones surviving into the HoER era.

It'd be fitting, if the name of the campaign is "Stone and a Hard Place"...with the players caught between Stone and another hard place (I.e. another Stone!).
WilyQuixote
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PlatinumWarlock wrote:

Y'know, it makes me think that, at some point, one of the Stones is going to kill the other, with only one managing to survive their way into Hell on Earth. It'd fit Stone's weakness, and it would get rid of the temporal paradox (while simultaneously creating more delicious conundrums) of having multiple stones surviving into the HoER era.

It'd be fitting, if the name of the campaign is "Stone and a Hard Place"...with the players caught between Stone and another hard place (I.e. another Stone!).

Actually my younger brother had this same theory (or nearly so) about where the second stone is/was. His theory being that before the Reckoners sent stone back in time they had him make the ulitmate scarifice/act of faith by having Old Stone kill Young Stone. The Reckoners were already imbueing him with enough cosmic power to keep the more esoteric paradox things from happening and now Old Stone creating the ultimate paradox by killing his younger self is basically only being kept alive by the will of the Reckoners. This is also a final control measure to keep Stone in check. If he got ambitious enough to try and screw over the Reckoners they could just cut the feed and Old Stone would just erase himself from reality. No fuss, no muss on the Reckoners' part. Its also kinda fun in keeping with this theory that the Reckoners actually fear Stone too! Enough so they felt the need to take such extreme measures to keep him under their thumb.

Wish I could take credit for this theory but it was my brother's idea and honestly it was the best theory of the two Stones that I've ever heard.

My own theory had the Reckoners sending Young Stone to Faraway in the HoE timeline while sending Old Stone back in time to the Weird West. This way the two Stones would never meet and thus not accidently kill each other some how. Young Stone could accrue XP killing off heroes of Faraway and Old Stone could just do what he does best like he had for 200+ yrs. Not too mention he had the knowledge of having gone through it once already. It wouldn't work under normal time travelling rules but since the Reckoners were footing the Paradox Bill it all worked. In a very bad hollywood-comic book sort of way. Just my two cents.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: