Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about Knicknevin (Gomorra)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WahookaTG
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Question about Knicknevin (Gomorra) Reply with quote

Short question: can anyone tell me when the 'Knicknevin incident' in Gomorra took place? My posse is heading there and I want to hang on to the correct timeline.
wanderingmystic
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't know if they gave and exact date but later half of 77 beginning of 78.
The town was still around but disheveled in April 78 a few months after the incident, by September 79 it is nothing but a single house and a smouldering crater having met its final destruction.
lifthraser
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to know more about this, I am a fan of gomorra and I know that at the time of "Doomtown or Bust" knickevin incident hasnt happened yet, in the book about The Collegium however it has happened, and Gomorra still exist but with 2 big craters in town, but the life seems to go on for the townsfolk.

If I understand well after that something else happen and Gomorra is completely destroyed, but i could not find by what.

Also i'd like to know where to find more content about Gomorra. I know a lot has been written, for exemple by this guy:
http://webspace.webring.com/people/kg/gislef/doomtown/fiction.htm
But I can't find anything.

PS: i also found this today:
http://www.gamesmeister.com/doomtown/viewtopic.php?t=594&sid=ce4dbc3f00c51f5ffe145da3e23679c4

Lifthraser
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The prologue stuff from the Classic adventure Ghost Busters lays out the events of Knicknevin's rise and fall, but leaves several things dangling.
I didn't pay any attention to the Doomtown CCG, so I don't know if that's where the events actually went down or not. What I do know is that all the set up material is in Doomtown or Bust.
Reading that tells you all you need to know about what Knick's rise looked like, and Ghost Busters tells you what his fall looked like.
wanderingmystic
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lifthraser wrote:

If I understand well after that something else happen and Gomorra is completely destroyed, but i could not find by what.
Lifthraser

Intentionally left vague, they were working on the ghost-rock bomb so that is what I always figured happened, in my campaign my party managed to set this event in motion
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wanderingmystic wrote:
lifthraser wrote:

Lifthraser

Intentionally left vague, they were working on the ghost-rock bomb so that is what I always figured happened, in my campaign my party managed to set this event in motion

A ghost-fire bomb would explain why everything kind of resembles the remains of Ghost Town. Surprised
WahookaTG
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info everybody.
lifthraser
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After many research here is my conclusion:

We know that after the knickevin event, Hellstromme took over the collegium.
Also, Hellstromme is a servitor of the reckonners, wich utimate goal is to setup a deadland via detonation of ghost rock nuclear bombs...

So Hellstromme made it real in Gomorra, as a test probably.

What do you guys think?
jamiemalk
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Incants some Welsh over thread*

Forgive the mild necromancy, but i was wondering if anyone had stated ol' Knicknevin. One of my long time players is about to relocate over to the states and Elijah is one session away from releasing Gamorra's founder. Just want the battle to be suitably climatic and can't find an "offical" stat line...

Oh, and this is very much the Classic Deadlands Setting.

Thanks in advance...
reebomak
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the doomtown ECG reboot next month, some lore has been released about the future of Gomorrah. it picks some time in 1878 and a few things have changed;

1) Most of the ghost rock strikes have run dry, which made land real cheap and now the big business in the area is ranching. Blasted to bits or not, doomtown is still the half-way stop between Shan Fan and Lost Angles, so pony express, boarding houses and other "hospitality" services thrive regardless of local industry.

2) Something called The Storm hit the area recently. This may be an Agency cover-up for Knicknevin's emergence or a entirely separate event. Gomorrah survived with substantial damage, but Sodom is a ruin and another presumably nearby town of Ghost Creek was laid to waste.

3) A circus has moved to town, just across the road from Boot Hill. A creepy little man with one milky eye named Kevin Wainwright is seen around town, presumably advancing the ringmaster, Ivor Hawley's, agenda.
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't Doomtown suppose to come out this month. Though I suppose the possible that it's been delayed.
reebomak
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

releases sept. 8th
jamiemalk
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was more hoping for something from back in the day, the incident the OP was asking about is just about to happen to my possie...
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Official stats? Not that I know of. Knick was a plot device faced down by another plot device.

If you have to stat him, I'd start with the stats for a manifested greater manitou. Then I'd give him special abilities. Twisted Evil Even amongst demons, Knicknevin was feared.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: