Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clint's patience amazes me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
newForumNewName
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Clint's patience amazes me Reply with quote

I'm dead serious. I have no idea how Clint fields the same question, repeatedly, without exploding. I am pretty sure I'd have smacked someone by now.

PS It's the question about Wounds and Shaken.

"While nFNN could be less of a jerk about how he says what he says, what he says is essentially correct." -- ValhallaGH
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Clint's patience amazes me Reply with quote

newForumNewName wrote:
I'm dead serious. I have no idea how Clint fields the same question, repeatedly, without exploding. I am pretty sure I'd have smacked someone by now.

I get asked this at cons all the time (multiple times at Genghis Con in fact), and the answer is always the same...

I can't get mad answering the same question from different people because it means new people are trying the game for the first time on their own. That's cool, not annoying.

www.peginc.com
newForumNewName
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Clint's patience amazes me Reply with quote

Clint wrote:
newForumNewName wrote:

I get asked this at cons all the time (multiple times at Genghis Con in fact), and the answer is always the same...

I can't get mad answering the same question from different people because it means new people are trying the game for the first time on their own. That's cool, not annoying.

Still amazes me though...

"While nFNN could be less of a jerk about how he says what he says, what he says is essentially correct." -- ValhallaGH
FickleGM
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Clint's patience amazes me Reply with quote

newForumNewName wrote:

PS It's the question about Wounds and Shaken.

If you smacked somebody who was shaken and got a raise, how many wounds would they take?
newForumNewName
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends how hard I smacked them... Wink

EDIT: But it would be a single wound.

Pariah74
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get annoyed when people assume should I know everything somebody who has been posting for years should know. Seems strange to me that somebody would assume that just because it's been discussed around here lots of times, that people would know about it if they weren't part of those discussions.

I have used the Search function in forums to no avail and then been given a link to the thread discussing such things before. It doesn't mean I didn't try, it just means I didn't realize what to search for.

One thing I have noticed is there a huge thread that comes up for many searches for basic stuff. It's the one with the FAQ or whatever. It's pretty hard to find what you're looking for in that thread, so I wouldn't assume that it's really helping anyone.
marshal kt
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can personally vouch for Clint's patience.

In the early days of SW & the forum there was a prolific poster that like SW but had some problems with some parts of the game & some of the settings.

I jumped into a rant, maybe even an attack on this poster, since I felt he was attacking Shane. [a person I never met].

Clint calmly, well at least the PM was calm & civil, and told me to calm down and basiclly, embarassed me by being so nice, when I wasn't. [nice, calm or civil.]

I don't think this poster is still around, or if he is, he doesn't post as often.

Clint's still here, and [seeming] calm and civil.
I try to just keep my mouth shut so not to embaress myself again. Embarassed
Jose
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

St. clint: the patron saint of Patience... Very Happy
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and he does it all while still having time to write books on Pirates and the caribbean

http://www.librarything.com/author/blackclintonv

Last edited by VonDan on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
tigerguy786
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly off topic, but where can one find the faqs for SW and its settings? Am I blind and just don't see them?
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To start searching the Official Answers forum: http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16340

To start searching the Official Products forum (settings and such): http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16341

Good luck.
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you interested in learning the ancient, secret, and highly self-destructive art of forcing Clint to lose patience with you, contact me privately.

I wouldn't if I were you, but life is all about free will, eh?
newForumNewName
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpk wrote:
For those of you interested in learning the ancient, secret, and highly self-destructive art of forcing Clint to lose patience with you, contact me privately.

I would imagine it's like anything else: persistence and practice Laughing

Quote:
I wouldn't if I were you, but life is all about free will, eh?

The Devil's Advocate wrote:
Free will, it is a bitch.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually written one more than one "scholarly" paper on The Devil's Advocate, you know.

Wait...did you know? #1eek1
newForumNewName
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpk wrote:
I've actually written one more than one "scholarly" paper on The Devil's Advocate, you know.

Wait...did you know? #1eek1

I did, actually #1eek13

You've mentioned it on the forums before

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: