Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Legend of Zelda: Savage World
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StalkThis
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Stalker's Thoughts: Savage Hyrule, at www.savagehyrule.blogspot.com
I will be adding the material that's on this thread to the blog shortly, and then I'll edit out everything in the main post but a link to the blog.
Edgeworth
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I dive into the matter I'd like to note that I'll focus on Hyrule as it is in Ocarina of Time. I do this to keep a coherent vision on every aspect and that's the spot on the timeline I (and apparently you, StalkThis) have interest in gampaign-wise. With that said, I will be willing to reference other games as long as they do not contradict OoT. By this I mean I will accept some concepts Twilight Princess introduced as a part of THIS Hyrule, but will also ignore Ritos since the Flood hasn't happened yet and they're not around.

Plus, there'll be spoilers. So if you haven't played Ocarina of Time (a 14-year old game, mind you), go play it. Now.

Now to the post itself:

Races

Gerudo
The Gerudo are statted as mystical, spiritually strong thieves. Personally I don't think this is accurate portrayal of the race as a whole. Sure, the most important Gerudos are those things; Koume and Kotake are extremely powerful witches and Ganondorf is a warlock (apparently pretty good one at that) even before he gets the Triforce of Power. However, the average Gerudo we see in OoT isn't.

The gerudos as we see them are warriors. Every single gerudo in the valley is a warrior. Heck, they even accept Link as one of them after he proves his fighting prowess. They seem to train themselves as agile and graceful fighters, focusing on offensive, as they use spears without shield and two swords. Note: I don't really know anything about fighting, I'm just assuming.

The gerudo are thieves, this is stated in almost every official source gerudos have been mentioned in. But they aren't your classic rogue-class. As I said, they're warriors. Also, they have their own training course for riding and shooting and they live isolated. So what does that make them? Raiders.

They do live in the desert which is a harsh place, even Ganondorf admitted it in Wind Waker. This is a reason to give them d6 Spirit but I'd leave it, simply because in the template I'm proposing there's not room for it. Also, they believed in Ganondorf's false promises when invading Hyrule, just to be left back in the desert* when Ganondorf went away to have a party with his Redead friends. If that's not a failed Persuasion resist, I don't know what is.

*a little fanficcy

The thing I do agree with your conversion: They're hated. Raiders and all that. So I'd go with more like:
+Warrior: Every gerudo is trained in handling the spear and sword. They start with d6 in fighting.
+Agile: A gerudo spents most of her time in physical activities. They start with d6 in Agility.
-Untrustworthy: The raiding traditions of the Gerudo have given them a bad reputation, which imposes a -2 penalty to persuasion and deception when the opponent has heard of the Gerudo's history.

I don't have time to comment on your work more right now, but I'll be back.

BTW, The gerudo go to other villages to "look for boyfriends". Raiders, 'nuff said.
StalkThis
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your thoughts. Let me give you some of my thoughts.

Agile was a consideration for the "Desert Dwelling Women". As was Warrior. However, I'm of the "balance is important" mindset, and since Fighting keys off Agility, It's a VERY powerful feature. Coupling it with A d6 in fighting... Kindof puts them on a level above everyone else. I was trying to allow for "Dwelling In Desert Women" concepts that weren't just "harem-outfitted duelists".

I do suppose your observations about the spellcasting proclivities of the "Guys From the Sandy Place".

How does this look:

"Green-Skinned or Brown-Skinned Ladies From the Hot, Dry Area"

+Equestrian: d6 in Riding

+Thieves: d6 in Lockpicking

+Untrustworthy: The traditions of the G have given them a bad reputation, which imposes a -4 penalty to persuasion and deception when the opponent has heard of the G's history.

+Tenacious: The G do not give up easily. They start with a d6 in Spirit.
Edgeworth
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was little uncertain myself of that Agile+Warrior combo but those are the traits I think every gerudo has. As far as the game balance go, I went with the combat-heavy-but-socially-awkward-archetype which I don't consider as unbalanced since my games tend to have a more roleplay than combat and players like to win fights.

In gameplay, gerudo are really in a bad situation, especially after the invasion to Hyrule. Their king has abandon them, all of Hyrule hates them, they have almost none social skills towards other races due living in isolation... And all they ever wanted was to have it a little easier. I don't think making them superior fighters is totally unfair.

But enough of me defending my takes.

StalkThis wrote:
How does this look:

+Thieves: d6 in Lockpicking

+Untrustworthy: The traditions of the G have given them a bad reputation, which imposes a -4 penalty to persuasion and deception when the opponent has heard of the G's history.

I do get your desire to let players make non-fighter gerudos but as I see it, their whole culture encourages fighting so I deem it plausible that even if someone decides to be a pacifist, she has been taught to fight at least as well as a novice soldier. Also, I really don't think that every gerudo knows how to pick a lock so how about:

+Warrior: d6 in fighting

If statted this way, every gerudo knows how to ride, fight and fight while riding which fits their raider-profile.
They are well-known warrior-thieves and not a single merchant or farmer in his right mind believes what they say.
Harsh enviroment, hot days and cold nights, combined with their desire for survival has strenghtened their willpower.

Now that I think about it, this seems much better than my original stats. They're still good in combat even if the player doesn't put any more points into it (Fighting AND Spirit d6) but they're not as easy to PG as with Agile.

And just to clarify, these are one of those things that are almost entirely in the eyes of the beholder and I don't mean to say that the gerudo cannot have lockpicking or such. I've seen too many people go berserk over the Zelda lore in theorizing forums to have this little disclaimer.

Goron

My original, unrevised take on the gorons were:

-Heat resistant: +4 to resist heat and +4 armor against fire-based attacks.
-Very Strong: d8 Strength, may raise to d12+2.
-Armored: Armor +2 expect small gaps in the rocksurface (-2 to hit)
-Big: size +1 (this adds to toughness)

-Very Slow: Pace 3, running die d4 (w/ Fleet-footed, Pace 5, running die d8 )
-Clumsy: Agility can't ADVANCE beyond d6

We both had pretty similar thoughs here and neither of our versions contradict the game as far as I remember so I'll just explain my reasoning behind my take. If I were to run/play a LoZ-campaign I'd be fine with your stats so consider this as a food for though.

I had given the goron both size +1 and armor +2, totaling for whupping +3 for toughness. Naturally this means that if a player wants to, he can easily get his rock-muncher a toughness of 9 or 10. This is intentional and is meant to be balanced by relatively easy -2 to bypass the armor, expensive Agility skills and slow Pace. In the lore Gorons are tough but kind and as toughness isn't a personality trait I think it should be represented. I have considered giving them Pacifist (minor) as a cultural trait but don't want to exclude the violent goron-character consept.

Gorons aren't fast. Look at them: Huge upper body with tiny-miny legs holding them standing. In Majora's Mask the player gets concrete evidence that the gorons aren't exactly the rabbit of the race. So with Pace 3 they're easy to avoid if need be. Unless it's downhill where they can roll you to death. MM gave us the consept of gorons rolling even uphill but I'm not sure if this should be a possible in the RPG. If it is, I'd give penalty to chases and the goron can't do much while rolling, effectively making it just a horse stand-in.

Based on their physical appearance, I'd say the gorons aren't really agile. So to represent this (and to limit their combat abilities) I had given them Clumsy. I pondered if I should limit their Agility or just make it expensive, but settled with limiting it to avoid d12 Agility Neo-gorons.

That's all I have for now. Phew.
StalkThis
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doublepost, ignore me.

*puts on Stone Mask*

Last edited by StalkThis on Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
StalkThis
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One final note on the Ladies from Sandy Parts:

ALttP describes G-man's group of thieves as also strong in the dark arts, so there is at least a sideways reference to their strength in magic. And in these games, where we just now, after 25 years, got a timeline, a sideways reference is sometimes the only ones you get.

That said, for now I'm replacing the admittedly complex Mystic and Theives edges with Equestrian and Warrior

As for the Rockguys:

I'm sure my reasoning for Burly, Heat-Resistant and Rocky Hide are obvious, so I'll discuss the others:

I could probably drop low-light vision, but I thought it was a nice little thing.

Parry -1 seemed appropriate, as they seem more focused on drviing through pain.

Dull...well, come on. We rarely see an exceptionally bright Rockguy. Not that they're dumb, but most of the fairly intelligent ones have likely been around long enough to dedicate an advance to improving their smarts.

All in all, I considered Reducing Pace, but...I don't know, the fact that I can't outrun that Bigrockguy who rolls in Circles forever in OoT, or the fact that Even without magic you can roll pretty fast on a flat surface in MM kept nagging me to keep them at regular pace.

And Reducing Agility hampers their fighting skill immensely.

I could see, with my write-up, removing low-light vision and replacing it with something else, but...i dunno.
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StalkThis wrote:
The Stalker's Thoughts: Savage Hyrule, at www.savagehyrule.blogspot.com
I will be adding the material that's on this thread to the blog shortly, and then I'll edit out everything in the main post but a link to the blog.

If your going to stalk any one related to Link it should be Picmin Link

http://pikminlink.com/
Edgeworth
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StalkThis wrote:
ALttP describes G-man's group of thieves as also strong in the dark arts, so there is at least a sideways reference to their strength in magic. And in these games, where we just now, after 25 years, got a timeline, a sideways reference is sometimes the only ones you get.

You're absolutely right. This is also the reason why I said earlier that I focus on Hyrule as it is in OoT. We don't know if ALttP's description references to the race as whole or if there were only handful of powerful warlocks as Koume, Kotake and Ganondorf so I stick to the "hard evidence" what OoT tells us. If I were to base a conversion on ALttP I'd have more of a reason to give gerudos Mystic, since that game describes them strong in the dark arts. One of the fascinating things about LoZ is the fact that Hyrule changes over the years. For that I think that you cannot contain The Legend of Zelda in one conversion, you'll need different conversions for different times. Skyward Sword's Hyrule is very different from Wind Waker's Hyrule, from Spirit Tracks' New Hyrule or from the original game's barren wasteland.

But back to the lovely brother huggin' mineral eatin' not-so dodongo bombing gorons.

I think I can sense you're having a little trouble with gorons so I just list here some facts we know about them.

-They live in the caverns of Death Mountain, an active volcano.
-They eat rocks from deep inside the mountain for nourishment, but can manage with "lower quality" rocks.
-The Fire Temple, which the gorons supposedly built, is even deeper in the volcano than their food source, the Dodongo Cavern, and is apparently a prison.
-They are much larger than an average human.
-For some reason, there is at least two HUGE gorons.
-They are strong enough to lift Bomb Flowers.
-They can take a hit from a bomb and remain in full health although shaken.
-They do trade with other races as they have their own shop which accepts rupees. (which are some kind of jewelry so... yum?)
-Their main merchandise seems to be bombs (harvested from bomb flowers?) and heat-resistant tunic. Other items are obtainable just about anywhere. In TP they are miners. In the time of OoT they may be or may be not.
-They aren't really independent souls. They follow their leader and in trouble waits for a hero to save them.
-Although slow in walking speed, they can curl up and roll at fast pace. In OoT, they don't seem to really notice anything around them when rolling although in MM they have races.
-When in trouble they curl up, count on their rocky hide to endure the blows and wait.
-The Goron City is always lit. There is torches and lava to shed some light. Same goes for Dodongo Cavern and Fire Temple.
-In combat, they can handle dodongos but King Dodongo and Volvagia needed a hero.

These are the things that came up on a short notice. Please correct any of these if I remember wrong or add some facts that are defining the goron as a race and as a culture. From these facts alone, I'd give gorons following stats:

+Heat-Resistant: The gorons are extremely resistant to heat and flames. They gain +4 bonus to resist heat and add +4 armor against fire and explosive damage.
+Large: Average goron is over 2 meters tall. They are Size +1.
+Armored: The back of goron is like a tough shell. when attacked from behind, the goron gets +2 armor. The goron can spend an action to curl up, when he gets +2 armor to any attack except those coming from underground.
+Burly: Known for their bone-jarring backslaps and terrifying BROTHER HUGS, the Gorons begin with a d8 in Strength and may raise it to a d12+2 via normal advancement; the Expert and Master Edges may raise it to a d12+4.
-Very Slow: Pace 3, running die d4
-Weak-Spirited: Spirit costs two points to raise during character creation and requires to Advances to raise during game play.
+Rolling Stone: The goron may travel by rolling at a speed of Pace x3. When rolling, the goron cannot have any equipment on him and has -4 to Agility rolls during Chase and all rolls requiring sight or hearing.

Now to the reasoning part:
Heat-Resistant: I added the armor against fire and explosions for three reasons: to justify the in-game bombing of gorons to stop them, to have the flavor of the ability just right for the gorons and to please the players. Players love it when their character has little unique bonuses. For example: Fire Keese might have the same ability towards fire but they WILL suffer the explosion damage.
Large: Have you seen a goron? I though so.
Armored: I wanted to retain the goron's high toughness, but without making automatic. Due Large, they still have that +1 to Toughness but if they want to have the full protection of their rock-like hide, they gotta do what the gorons do in the game: Curl up. Also, I'd suggest that when a goron is curled up, he is treated as unanimated object. That means Parry 2, raise doesn't give that d6 to damage and damage dice won't explode. This also makes an excellent reason for Racial Edges which hardens the gorons armor or such.
Burly: Brother Hugs and Bomb flowers.
Very Slow: I've already covered this before, but keep reading for a solution for the rolling.
Weak-Spirited: Yeah, this. I put this in the stats because I'm under the impression that the gorons aren't really stupid, but more like cowards. But I do agree with you about that not many of them are really smart. It's just that they really emphasize the cowardness of the gorons in the game. Gameplay-wise, Weak-Spirited does make them weaker in combat which I think is good considering they got d8 in STR for free. Truth to be told, I'm not really sure if the gorons should have Weak-Spirited or Dull since their behavior in the game gives way for both. Maybe the player should be able to decide?
Rolling Stone: As it is written, rolling is relatively useless for the player. An average goron can roll at a Pace of 9, without any equipment since they'd break. It can still be used for races and traveling when other characters are on horses (Horse's basic Pace is 10, maximum Pace 18 ) although the goron will slow down the other characters. In combat situation that -4 is pretty harsh so it shouldn't be a problem on the balance side of things. This mechanic also allows for some Racial Edges for the goron to be more effective and faster roller.

On a side-note on that low-light vision: In the game gorons seem to use light pretty much as hylians would in caves. The Goron City IS bright as day.

All of this really hypes me up for a LoZ-campaign even though I should be planning tomorrow's DLR session. Gorons are awesome.

EDIT: I forgot to reason my Rolling Stone! Editing... Ding! Edited!
StalkThis
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edgeworth, it seems we are coming from different perspectives in our representiations, then. I'm looking to provide a holistic approach, a sort of "essential, quintessential" High-Cool, with my rules able to be used to represent any era with a minimum of tweaking. FFF, you know.

As well, while OoT was MY introduction to Zelda, I don't see it as a be-all and end all. I'm trying to take everything into account. For example, the ROckguys don't seem to be miners in OoT, but that's not to say I won't put down that they are in general, or having a mining tradition.

Hence, if ALttp says G-man's tribe was strong in the black arts, I take it as truth. Coupled with the fact that we don't see very many sorcerors in the games the Desert Ladies appear in (although, 3 of the 4 named characters from the Desert in that game were) it leads me to believe that while they can be skilled in black arts, not all are witches. They also appear to be quite spiritual in FSA.
Edgeworth
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StalkThis wrote:
I'm looking to provide a holistic approach, a sort of "essential, quintessential" High-Cool, with my rules able to be used to represent any era with a minimum of tweaking. FFF, you know.

Yes, I was getting that impression from your blog's current and planned content. I have tried it myself and just cannot approach the matter the same way because of Hyrule's vast history and the changes in the world of LoZ. For example, I haven't been able to stat "universal" goron because in MM they drown in water but in TP they don't. Between those games is 100 years. (and other happened in other universe and depending on who you ask might or might not be all in Link's head but let's not go there) Just what changes has happened between Minish Cap and Spirit Tracks when there's even bigger gap in years?

Anyway, I'm just trying to explain why I chose to stick with OoT. You have a campaign idea for Sealing War, right? Considering that Sealing War happens few decades after events of OoT I think it's the best game to look for hints for what kind of world Hyrule was during the war. I apologize if I came through as too oppressive with my idea of LoZRPG, but I am huge fan of the series and might get too into it when I'm typing these things. It is of course your conversion and please tell me if my suggestions are being too tied into specific game or neglect important aspect you want to include.
StalkThis
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't feel bad, BROTHER! *back-slap*

I'm enjoying the discussion and if you noticed on the blog I DID alter the Desert Ladies, and i'll probably be revising the Rockguys shortly.
Edgeworth
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StalkThis wrote:
Don't feel bad, BROTHER! *back-slap*

I'm not entirely sure if I should run away or be crushed by THE HUG...

But yeah, this thread's been fun. Heck, it even got a lurker like me to write more than all of my other posts! Might even start on working on my own conversion again. But for now I'll just try to help with this one.
StalkThis
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have added a few items (soon with Gear Notes explaining how bombs and such work) and a new write-up for a race of Fairies.

www.Savagehyrule.Blogspot.com
StalkThis
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doublepost! #gunbattle

I'd also like to solicit ideas for Plot Point campaigns, for Savage Tales to place within the Plot Point Campaigns, etc.
StalkThis
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRIPLE POST #gunbattle #gunbattle

Another update. The Gear post is pretty much done. Looking for thoughts on it, too!
www.savagehyrule.blogspot.com
Edgeworth
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the Boomerang:

An Agility roll at -2 to catch the thing is pretty harsh when the weapon's range is pretty short. If I were to use that kind of boomerang, it'd probably be a one-use weapon in the first round of the fight since I'd be needing my sword and shield for the moblins who would be just few inches away. At this range, if I were to invest in Throwing I'd stick with the bombs. Also, as the boomerang is pretty low damage I'd use it mainly for bypassing cover and armor, meaning that I'd get cover/firing blind modifiers on top of the possible range modifiers. How I see it playing out:

"The Gerudo Thieves retreat behind a large rock, you hear a sound suspiciously resembling a bomb being lit. Filo the Kokiri is the only one left to act this round"
Filo's player: Oh boy, what to do. You know, I could draw my knife and go Wild Attack them rapidly. Oh yeah, they got First Strike. Time to test my new toy! I draw my Boomerang (in which I used 2/5 of my starting funds), expect the Gerudos being in nice and tidy row and throw the weapon at all of them.
"Filo's player throws the boomerang at total of -10 (multi-action penalty for drawing, -6 for Firing Blind, -2 for range of 6). He doesn't hit. Filo tries to catch the Boomerang with Agility of d6. He has rotten luck and fails. The next round: BOOM"

I'd do away with the Agility test to catch the Boomerang and replace it with minimum Agility d8. Simply put, if your Agility isn't high enough you can't catch it. I'd also increase the range, maybe something like 8/16 or (gasp) 10/20. I have hard time seeing the boomerang would fly over 40 yards (blame it on the curve) so that's why only two range... uhhh... increments? Not finding the right word.
Perhaps It'd be approriate to give anyone the chance of catching it as an action, requiring an Agility roll?

About the Deku Nuts:

Now those are some powerful nuts! I mean, seriously, absolutely, undeniably way powerful. For the lowly price of half a rupee* and a succesful Throwing roll, I can get the enemy unable to do anything but free actions for up to six rounds? Because let's face it, the enemy will NOT make that Vigor roll at -4, possibly at -6.

*Realistically speaking free since any group would just leave anything they were doing and go kill some Deku Babas to get these.

For a fast, furious, fun and flavor-preserving way to deal with these, I'd just handle them as Stun power per SWD expect for targeting them for only one creature, having range of 3/6/12 and the "arcane" skill being Throwing. If you're going for the feel of Impa's Disappearance act... Some NPCs are just that good.
StalkThis
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deku Nuts: What aboiut "forces a vigor roll" and "shaken for 1 round before automatically recovering, and cannot force a wound."?

Boomerang...hm.. increased range, agility of d8 to catch, and perhaps a tetch more damage?
Edgeworth
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StalkThis wrote:
Deku Nuts: What aboiut "forces a vigor roll" and "shaken for 1 round before automatically recovering, and cannot force a wound."?

That could work. When would the target lose the shaken status? If it's until his next action, will it be treated like he got a raise on the recovery roll or as a success thus leading him effectively losing his turn? Or maybe a recovery roll as normal but success leads to unshaken? I'm seeing this becoming a nice counter for those First Strike/Extraction-types.

Quote:
Boomerang...hm.. increased range, agility of d8 to catch, and perhaps a tetch more damage?

I'm not sure about the extra damage as it IS a rof 3 ranged weapon in a medieval setting and it doesn't really harm many enemies in the games, but for the increase in range and that agility requirement I'm on the boat.

About the Slingshot:

Good as it is but perhaps the deku nuts should be shot at -2? Because of their larger size, heavier structure and game balance. To avoid those pesky snipers shooting your dear bokoblins shaken all the time. Sadly, I haven't ever fired a slingshot so I'm not familiar how it works in comparison to, say, a bow but shouldn't its damage be a fixed number of dices instead of STR+d4?

About the Hookshot:

I like the idea of "hooking up" an opponent, although I don't feel that the possible gore (how do you hook a martial artist in hotpants without some?) really fits with the world of Zelda. So how about this:

Hookshot: A hookshot can be used as a long-range and close-quarters weapon. It can also be used to do an Agility Trick, only the attacker uses his Shooting while the defender uses Agility. When hit in something solid such as a wall or a wooden box, the hookshot extracts its hook and reels in.

Clawshot: A hookshot can be used as a long-range and close-quarters weapon. It can also be used to do a Grapple attack using Shooting against the target's Parry, regardless of range. When hit in something grappable, the Clawshot closes it's claws and reels in although not in enough force to drag someone who's resisting the transportation.

Note that this is a really different take on the matter done just to make the 'shots more accessible for casual readers and the hookshot's power is severely diminished. If this is used the damage of the hookshot should probably be increased.

About the bombs:

I'm loving that simple touch of having to spent a round to ignite a bomb. Somehow I never came up with that. Should make bombing those Dodongos that much harder. However I'm puzzled why the damage is so low? Even with a character with d6 Vigor, it's almost 50/50 if the bomb will even leave him shaken. I'd also like to hear some "Designer Notes" why you chose to write new deviation rules? Finally, How big is one bomb? In the games they're HUGE, but that doesn't really fit in a RPG.

About the Bottles:

Also useful for self-defense against evil warlocks.
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edgeworth wrote:
About the Boomerang:

StalkThis
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Designer NOtes: I was too lazy to look up the deviation rules. I'll look them up and fix it.

Nuts: The intent was for them to immediately recover and have their turn after the 1d6 rounds was up, so with shaken for one round, that'd be the same thing. After the one-round of shaken, they are completely recovered on their next turn.

Slingshot: I upped it to d6, and added the -2 suggestion for Deku nuts. Good call.

Boomerang: I made teh range the same as the Slingshot (5/10/20), and changed it to d8 agility to catch. I really have no problem making it more damaging. In LA isn't it the most powerful weapon?

Hookshot: I really like the way I have it. I cribbed the "hooking" from the Hook and the Gaff from 50 Fathoms. Also, I really wanted to just keep it simple. The Clawshot is just another name for the Hookshot in my write-up, and nothing prevents a guy with two Hookshots from Spidermanning around.

BOmbs: I bumped it up to 3d6 like the Grenade. I still only want it to hurt the target and everyone within an inch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: