Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

classic hoe cloaking device

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nerovipus
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: classic hoe cloaking device Reply with quote

Im looking at making a juncker tech cloaking device though im not sure how to go about this. Under sensors it says u can make a device to fool other visual sensors but i want to make one to fool the naked eye, not sure if its possible but i thought id ask any ways.
Fuzyfeet
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Junker Tech, all things are possible! Wink I made these when Junkman Comith came out while goofing around.

Cloaking Device
This device looks like a generator, but instead of generating electricity it generates something totally different. It works on the same theory as the Cloaking suit except it absorbs light, sound in an area. This creates a 'blank spot' in the area that falls in it's area of coverage. The mind of observers will naturally fill "in the blank" area rendering it invisible. The device maybe used to cloak a spherical area no greater than 10 yards radius, but no less than one-yard radius.

Device Profile: Cloaking Device
Frame: 4
Sensor: 2d20 active ECM versus normal sight and sound, 360, up to 10 yards
Extras: Powerjack, Data jack, adjuster switch, 100-point battery
Drain: 50/hour (-1 for each 2 yard less 10 yards)
Available Slots: 0
Total Components:
Chemical: None
Electrical: 10
Mechanical: 5
Structural: 10
Cost: $14,500

Cloaking suit
It may look like a wetsuit, but it hides a person and everything inside. This device was first thought up before the war but the cost of using a "Mad Science" device then was too costly in comparison to using a Syker. Now many people want to move about without being noticed by others but lack the abilities of the Sykers. In the early part of the 20th century psychologist and other scientist found that many optical illusions could be made by giving the mind an empty area that the mind will natural fill in to make sense to the observer. Working from this theory this device absorbs all light and sound generated by the object it's attached to. This creates a 'blank spot' where the object is. The mind of observers will naturally fill "in the blank" area rendering it invisible.

Device Profile: Cloaking Suit
Frame: 6
Sensor: 2d20 active ECM versus normal sight and sound, 360
Extras: Powerjack, 35-point battery, room to fit items no larger than a briefcase all together
Drain: 2/hour
Available Slots: 15.85
Total Components:
Chemical: None
Electrical: 7
Mechanical: 4
Structural: 17
Cost: $12,400

Just my $0.02

My Deadlands sites
The Lynchburg Journal
The Junkyard Intranet
The Temptation Reportl
nerovipus
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Cloaking Device Reply with quote

Thanks for the help I wasnt sure if u could use the sensor power to fool regular sight or sound, you help me storm a whole mess a trouble Twisted Evil
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent some time looking into this a few years ago. Based on how ECM works, I decided that simply having an ECM sensor wasn't good enough. The key was to have an object that the sensor could mask. For example, think of a car. An ECM device build into a car would mask the car and it's occupants. A stand alone device with ECM could only mask itself and any build in devices, making it hard to find if dropped.

I decided that the best way to do this was to either build a Shield with ECM (the ECM masks the contents of the shield), or a suit of armor with an ECM feature. The key here is how you decide the ECM works (your cdeisng principle). Both of these designs assume that the stealth tech is light being bent around an object. My preference would be a Shield device, as the shape of the shield is more consistent than armor or clothing (which I might take a Defect for, to represent that "Predator shimmer"). This could also be applied to a vehicle or even a building.
AtomicSamuraiCyborg
Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear, sensor is the most kitchen sink power of all, and I love it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: