Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Meta Plot between Reloaded and Classic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McCurmudgeon
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Meta Plot between Reloaded and Classic Reply with quote

Are there any major developments after 1877, and which books can I find them in?
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.
http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34767
Dead Presidents is a big one.

http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34161&highlight=timeline+doom Useful tool.
http://deadlands.wikia.com/wiki/Deadlands_Wiki Wiki.
McCurmudgeon
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking more along the lines of new developments from Reloaded
Thunderforge
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted a list of the big stuff between 1876 and 1879 a while back in this thread. It was in the "Official Settings" forum though, so I understand why you wouldn't have seen it (I had a hard time searching for it and I knew what I was looking for!).

ValhallaGH is right that Dead Presidents is important because it's one of the last Classic adventures and had a major influence on 1878.

Nothing really happened between Classic and Reloaded except that the Civil War has officially ended. A few hints were made about events that would come to fruition in The Flood, but nothing else metaplot-wise happened. I think Pinnacle figured that condensing all the important developments from the Classic era was more important than throwing in a major twist.

As for metaplot development in the Reloaded era: The Flood happened. Do you want spoilers on that?

The Elder Scrolls conversion and other fun creations.
McCurmudgeon
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'm going to get around to The Flood eventually so spoilers aren't necessary. I guess the civil war officially ending is the only thing I missed
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thunderforge wrote:
As for metaplot development in the Reloaded era: The Flood happened. Do you want spoilers on that?

Not exactly. The information to run the campaign has been out there for a few years, sure.

Meta-plotwise, nothing has "happened" until the Tombstone Epitaph section reports it in the opening chapter. You'll notice the Weird White North Trail Guide has gotten as far as August 8, 1880, so she'll be screamin' around the mountain in a jiffy. But not quite yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: