Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Incapacitated rolling

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DungeonMaster666
Novice


Joined: 04 Jan 2012
Posts: 15

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Incapacitated rolling Reply with quote

It says that for each wound a Wild Card gets they receive -1 to trait rolls, does this mean that a character who becomes incapacitated via wounds has -3 to all their subsequent Vigor based rolls to recover?

I'm assuming yes, but I only want to check because its makes a big difference to the probability of dying, which is kinda a biggy. Twisted Evil A character with a Vigor of D4 would need to Ace just to stay alive?

I suppose in real terms the probability of dying is much lower because a player would spend Bennys before they ever got to this point(?)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Clint
Site Admin


Joined: 13 May 2003
Posts: 17375

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Incapacitated rolling Reply with quote

DungeonMaster666 wrote:
It says that for each wound a Wild Card gets they receive -1 to trait rolls, does this mean that a character who becomes incapacitated via wounds has -3 to all their subsequent Vigor based rolls to recover?


Yep (unless they have Hard to Kill, Nerves of Steel, or some other ability to ignore wound penalties).

DungeonMaster666 wrote:
I'm assuming yes, but I only want to check because its makes a big difference to the probability of dying, which is kinda a biggy. Twisted Evil A character with a Vigor of D4 would need to Ace just to stay alive?


With nothing else affecting it, they would need to Ace the d4, but the Incapacitation rolls only occur for Wild Cards, so the character would also be rolling a d6 Wild die too which would avoid instant death on a 5 or 6.

DungeonMaster666 wrote:
I suppose in real terms the probability of dying is much lower because a player would spend Bennys before they ever got to this point(?)


Or they save a Benny or Bennies to spend on the Incapacitation roll. Even with the lowest d4 Vigor, the character has a 50/50 chance of avoiding instant death. One Benny ups that to 75%, two to 87.5%. And again, that's for the character voted most likely to die. Wink
_________________
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum