Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[GMG] Interface Zero updates and a look at 2012
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidJ
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: [GMG] Interface Zero updates and a look at 2012 Reply with quote

Hiya Folks, time for an update.

I'm sorry for the delays with San Francisco. The book will be coming out probably ( because of the holidays and a slow-down in finishing up some bits and pieces with the commentary) around the beginning of the new year.

In other news, Dave Viars ( the line developer for Interface Zero) and I are very busy with the new hacking rules, looking over the low-overdue malmart catalog, which BTW has some awesome new rules for vehicle creation, do-it-yourself gun creations and Gollemmech creation in addition to a ton of new weapons and other cool goodies.

Finally, we're going to be working on some other things this coming year, the most important of which is a Revised edition of Interface Zero, tentatively called IZ. 2.0. The book will streamline a lot of the rules of the first version, especially how occupations are handled and how cybernetics work. There have been a lot of complaints about pricing, and we're going to drop the prices for cyberware significantly and also take out the money bumps you get with occupations in favor of some neat occupation-centric benefits.

Like, for instance, a Taxi-cab driver will now start with his/her own vehicle. Bodyguards might get weapons and armor and other cool things. We're still discussing it. The book will also update the world, providing you with more information, as I'm NOT interested in simply regurgitating everything you read in the first book. So you'll see more cool stuff as far as that goes. If there's anything you want to see addressed in IZ 2.0, please feel free to let us know!

Thanks for your time.
madhatter
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent news! It's great to hear that you listen to constructive comments from your fans & make changes accordingly. Also I assume this has to do with the release of SW Deluxe.

I do have a question though. Will the new Hacking rules come out before 2.0 or are you going to wait to release the new hacking rules with 2.0? Just curious - IMHO new hacking rules earlier would be better Wink

THANX for the awesome products, folks
Jefferson
DavidJ
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madhatter wrote:
Excellent news! It's great to hear that you listen to constructive comments from your fans & make changes accordingly. Also I assume this has to do with the release of SW Deluxe.

I do have a question though. Will the new Hacking rules come out before 2.0 or are you going to wait to release the new hacking rules with 2.0? Just curious - IMHO new hacking rules earlier would be better Wink

THANX for the awesome products, folks
Jefferson

Hiya Jefferson.

SW Deluxe has definitely influenced the decision to do a revised edition, especially for the new hacking rules, which are in some ways influenced by the Dramatic tasks rules. The new Hacking rules are being edited, and will be released for free first, so you guys can test drive them and check 'em out.

Any suggestions and complaints about the new hacking rules will be taken into account and fixed before IZ 2.0 is released.
coyote6
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, man! I just bought the hardback, like two weeks ago. D'OH.
DavidJ
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt we'll be seeing this come out before the middle of the year or, more likely Fall, so there's still a lot of time in between

Also,we aren't going to be re-hashing the setting information, so all of that information will still be important and relevant. IZ 2.0 is going to have more information about the world so you shouldn't feel like your purchase isn't worthwhile. It certainly is and will be for a long time, unless of course we decide to Nuke the planet in IZ 2.0. Wink
coyote6
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. I got the hardcover on sale, too, so it's not too bad. Except for the pay 3 times thing, but oh well. I like spending money on gaming. Smile
DavidJ
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coyote6 wrote:
Sounds good. I got the hardcover on sale, too, so it's not too bad. Except for the pay 3 times thing, but oh well. I like spending money on gaming. Smile

So you bought both the PDF AND the hardcover separately?

Wow, thanks so much!

I'm gonna have to throw you some swag. PM me your email and I'll see about hooking you up with some stuff.
kronovan
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gaming group and I are making do fine with Version 1, but I look forward to the game evolving. Will the changes contained in version 2 be available via downloadable erratas? I'm not much of a fan of PDF's for core rules, and I'd rather spend my $ on new setting content that you publish rather than a new hardcover core book.

On onother note, your Gun Metal Games forums don't seem to be accessible. Everytime I attempt to access the forum page I get this message "[mingleforum]". Is this a temp thing or are the GMG forums a thing of the past?
DavidJ
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kronovan wrote:
My gaming group and I are making do fine with Version 1, but I look forward to the game evolving. Will the changes contained in version 2 be available via downloadable erratas? I'm not much of a fan of PDF's for core rules, and I'd rather spend my $ on new setting content that you publish rather than a new hardcover core book.

On onother note, your Gun Metal Games forums don't seem to be accessible. Everytime I attempt to access the forum page I get this message "[mingleforum]". Is this a temp thing or are the GMG forums a thing of the past?

I'm always looking for ways to improve Interface Zero and other products I produce, but I recognize that people aren't always going to want to make a new purchase, so with this in mind, I'll be taking a page from Pinnacle Entertainment in that all the core rules changes to Interface Zero will be made available in a free PDF download, so you don't have to buy IZ 2.0 if you don't wish to.

I don't expect IZ 2.0 to be a massive book. as I won't be re-printing all the setting information from the first book., I want to add new setting content so you don't feel like you're just paying for the same material over and over again.

Other companies have done that (WOTC I'm looking at you) with their settings whenever a new edition came out, and frankly I didn't like having to buy a new setting book just to come up to speed with the new rules.

With this in mind, you'll see much more content about the world, life in 2088, more meaty information on Corporations (which was sadly lacking In the first book), world governments, major organizations, Like Stop watch, new NPC's to play with, etc..

In many ways this book will be more like a companion to the core book, but with really streamlined rules updates that make your Interface Zero gaming experience much more FFF.

Now, as for the forums on my website. I took them down because I got a seriously huge amount of spam. Once I can get a handle on this, I'll try and put them back up, but I need to find the time to do more research into making the forums more secure.

I'm really sorry about any inconvenience that has caused you.
sjmiller
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thurak wrote:
I don't expect IZ 2.0 to be a massive book. as I won't be re-printing all the setting information from the first book., I want to add new setting content so you don't feel like you're just paying for the same material over and over again.
What about those of us who do not have the first printing and would like the setting information being cut for IZ 2.0? For me, in a setting like this, the more setting information I can get the better. It helps to get into the setting and to develop good adventures.
DavidJ
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sjmiller wrote:
thurak wrote:
What about those of us who do not have the first printing and would like the setting information being cut for IZ 2.0? For me, in a setting like this, the more setting information I can get the better. It helps to get into the setting and to develop good adventures.

Good question!

I've thought about this as well, and what I'll likely do is a systemless release, sort of like a gazetteer, which will be available, most likely as a free product. It just depends on how much additional work goes into that project.
greyseerco
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always do a kickstarter project to help get things rolling, it seems to be doing really well for Streets of Bedlam, I bet it would work wonders for IZ2.0
DavidJ
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greyseerco wrote:
You could always do a kickstarter project to help get things rolling, it seems to be doing really well for Streets of Bedlam, I bet it would work wonders for IZ2.0

Cool Idea!

I'll give that some thought over the coming weeks as Dave V. and I plan this project.

Thanks for the advice.
JoshuaM
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:Ah, man! I just bought the hardback, like two weeks ago. D'OH.

I bought all of the IZ stuff in pdf when it was on sale at DriveThruRPGmand am very excited about it. However I don't like passing my iPad around the table so I ordered a Hardcopy of the core book last week. I enjoy the setting, and my gaming group is very excited about the upcoming game in January.

I think great things are coming in 2012 for IZ.
kronovan
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoshuaM wrote:

IMO IZ 1.0 is better than 90% of the SW setting books out there, so I don't think you went wrong with that purchase. IN particular the heft and artwork of the hardback is damn impressive and it always gets a good passing around at my gaming sessions. A few times its even been aa bit of a struggle getting players to not take up time reading the sidebar passages. Wink
Wolfson
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoshuaM wrote:

As Kronovan said, you didn't really go wrong with that purchase - IZ is awesome cool, and as Thurak said, the update isn't planned to make the original book obsolete, but rather to enhance it. I've penned a couple of supplements for IZ, and am looking forward to seeing the new material.
Like us on Facebook!
JoshuaM
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry as it was my first post on the peginc.com forums it wouldn't allow me to list a url so I was busy removing anything the parser would interpret as being a url. (Turned out is was just a .com)

Should've been.
coyote6 wrote:
Ah, man! I just bought the hardback, like two weeks ago. D'OH.

Personally I am very excited. I was very impressed with the pdf copies of the books so having a table copy for my gaming group is a must. Also looking forward to the new material being released. Now if I could just stop buying all the extra little things I like to have while GM'ing (minis, music, sound effects, etc) my wallet would be happier with me.
Kodyax
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the best Savage Worlds books out there and hands down the best Cyberpunk RP I have seen. I've been sitting on the main book the Zeek book and the Boston book for awhile now. The San Fran book will be snapped up as soon as it becomes available in dead tree. The inclusion of psionics and anthro animals as part of the landscape are the two things that keep my interest. Like I said, if you picked this up on sale you got a bargain and then some. I am going to be keeping an eye out for any books you plan on coming out with for Mars and outer space as well as more locations on Earth. As far as I'm concerned, I'll keep buying the print books from Amazon or FRPGames or whatever venue I can find to get my paws on a copy in the physical as opposed to the ether. I ran my own version of IZ at a furry con this year and my table had a blast.
DavidJ
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone.

I really appreciate your support and well wishes!
Kodyax
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thurak wrote:
Thanks everyone.

I really appreciate your support and well wishes!

I can't speak for anyone but myself but I don't wish illness on anyone. And I for appreciate what you've done for this setting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: