Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official Savage Worlds Minis Request Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Official Savage Worlds Minis Request Thread Reply with quote

In about six months we've already gotten a dozen figures on the market for Deadlands as a result of our partnership with the fine folks at Reaper.

There are more on the way! In the short term we've got a desert thing coming (I've seen the green and it's cool), and I've put in a request for a weapon sprue. I know for sure about a couple other terrifying critters in the works right now.

What other miniatures -- character types, iconic Weird West characters, or creatures -- would you like to see?

Last edited by Cutter XXIII on Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:33 am; edited 2 times in total
robert4818
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packs of 4-9 "Generics" that can be used as bad guys.

Bandits, Possee, Indians, Guards, etc.

Also, some Hellstrome "robots".
inlife9
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going streight for the kill like a Mojave Rattler! A Big arse "Mojave Rattler". I wans it!
Sam Hain
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I'd like to see more minis for the major players of the Deadlands setting. So maybe the other rail barons, or the characters from the Dime Novels. Maybe minis for some of the more anoying yet previlent monsters like jackalopes and prairie ticks.
Of course putting out some minis for the major players from the Doomtown CCG wouldn't make me cry (except when I look at my wallet after buying them all).
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robert4818 wrote:
Packs of 4-9 "Generics" that can be used as bad guys. (Bandits, Possee, Indians, Guards, etc.)

Only problem with those is so many other companies make those figures, it makes it hard for our line to stand out as "Deadlands" if it's too generic.

robert4818 wrote:
Also, some Hellstrome "robots".

Got you covered. Smile

inlife9 wrote:
I am going streight for the kill like a Mojave Rattler! A Big arse "Mojave Rattler". I wans it!

We'll see about that one... pewter's expensive these days, so we don't want it to become cost-prohibitive. But I won't rule it out!

Sam Hain wrote:
Personally I'd like to see more minis for the major players of the Deadlands setting. So maybe the other rail barons, or the characters from the Dime Novels. Of course putting out some minis for the major players from the Doomtown CCG wouldn't make me cry (except when I look at my wallet after buying them all).

More major players and Rail Barons: almost certain. Can't do the Doomtown stuff because we don't own the rights (AEG does).

Sam Hain wrote:
Maybe minis for some of the more anoying yet previlent monsters like ... prairie ticks.

Got you covered! Smile
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy to say that Reaper has a lot of stuff covered that would work great for Deadlands. (Sometime I ought to comb through the catalog and make a list of things that would fit the setting.)

Just off the top of my head, since this is the sort of stuff I'd be kitbashing otherwise:
* Kids. 03233 (Townsfolk: Children) is pretty close, but the two boys in the set are too "medieval" to pass for the Wild West. It'd be nice to have a couple of "farm kids," maybe posed in such a way that it wouldn't be too hard for me to mod in a pistol or rifle if necessary to have a young combatant helping to defend the farm from the zombie invasion.

50042 won't cut it, because there are too many details that call out that these are *modern* children (e.g., kid in jacket and on a skateboard, kid in a hoodie, girl with "flower" T-shirt and jeans).

* Wild West Undead. I'm all covered for "generic" zombies and bare skeletons, but it'd be nice to have at least one or two undead who clearly belong in the Weird West - e.g., a skeletal gunslinger, a ghastly showgirl. I've seen undead cowboy minis before, but the ones I saw were at a smaller scale, and just wouldn't be that impressive if they got dwarfed by the still-breathing heroes.

(EDIT: I found that Wargames Foundry carries ZOMBIE gunslingers, but they look silly, my local FLGS doesn't carry Foundry, and they're not skeletal. I can kitbash ZOMBIES easily enough; it's the skeletons that are much harder to manage.)

* Steampunk Kit. Small boilers, smokestacks, gears, gizmo boxes ... it'd be great to have a few "steampunk bitz" that I could stick on an ordinary wagon and turn it into a steam wagon, or stick onto a big monster and suddenly it's an abomination of nature and science. It's not *that* hard to get the "Wild West" angle covered for minis. It's the *weird* angle that takes a bit more work.

* Weapons pack. I know it has already been mentioned. One idea for something extra to throw in there, though, to make it really "Deadlands": a hand holding some cards. That'd be perfect for converting a mini into a huckster. =) Maybe borrow that cowboy hat from the "hats" pack to throw in there, and that'd be dandy, too. (I've gotten a few Clix minis on the cheap JUST so I could use their hats for conversions, and save myself the trouble of trying to make a proper rim with putty.)

Anyway, just wanted to emphasize that I am VERY happy with what's out there already!

Last edited by Jordan Peacock on Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Timon
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan Peacock wrote:

* Wild West Undead. I'm all covered for "generic" zombies and bare skeletons, but it'd be nice to have at least one or two undead who clearly belong in the Weird West

+1

Ordinary cowhands and monsters you can get anywhere, but nobody makes Old West Zombies.
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan Peacock wrote:
* Kids.

Yes, that's a great suggestion. I have kid minis scrounged from other sets, like the one at far left in Perry's AWI "Civilians" set:

But a set of, say, three or four Old West kids would be awesome. Better yet, three kids and the "Half-Soldier" from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Smile

Timon wrote:
Jordan Peacock wrote:

* Wild West Undead. I'm all covered for "generic" zombies and bare skeletons, but it'd be nice to have at least one or two undead who clearly belong in the Weird West

+1

Ordinary cowhands and monsters you can get anywhere, but nobody makes Old West Zombies.

This one's going on the request list, pronto. Great one.

Great ideas for additions to the weapon sprue, too!

Keep 'em coming, folks! Arrow
Kristian Serrano
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of curiosity, does "Savage Worlds" miniatures imply minis for other settings such as Slipstream, or do you really mean just Deadlands?
Raise Calculator
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amaril wrote:
Out of curiosity, does "Savage Worlds" miniatures imply minis for other settings such as Slipstream...?

Yep! We branded them that way with the idea that down the line we could do minis for our other Savage Settings as well.

Which isn't to say we've done any work on other settings or had discussions about them (as far as I know). But requests for all Savage Settings are welcome!
newForumNewName
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too bad 3D printing technology isn't cheaper because having an electronic version of models that customers could download (and maybe custom color) and print on their home 3D printers would be pretty cool.

"While nFNN could be less of a jerk about how he says what he says, what he says is essentially correct." -- ValhallaGH
Fury
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutter XXIII wrote:
I have kid minis scrounged from other sets, like the one at far left in Perry's AWI "Civilians" set:

There are some ACW civilians rioters (including women and children) available from Perry Miniatures. They are more Gangs of New York than Western, but they might be useable. What is the size of the Perry AWI minis compared to the new Deadlanders?

There are plenty of regular gunslingers from other manufacturers, so I hope for more steampunk weirdness. I hope there are gatling pistols on that weapon sprue!

I would love to see the old preacher miniature make a comeback, preferably with two hand options (cross or pistol).
scourger
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see pre-painted minis for Savage Worlds. I know Reaper has the capability with their Legendary Encounters line. It would also be a bonus if the mini came with a stat card, perhaps even printed on the reverse of the card on the blister pack (recycling, too). As it is, I might go for the hangin' judge, but others I need painted out of the box. Various minis for Weird War Rome would be cool, too; especially if those are tied to the plot point campaign.
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see prepainted plastic Savage Worlds minis, too, but I would prefer to have them be of "rank and file" figures I'm likely to get several of. (I don't imagine I'd need more than ONE Hangin' Judge. At least, I'm sure my players would rather I didn't!)

I know I'm going into pie-in-the-sky territory here, but in the realm of plastics, I would really love to exploit the possibilities of the fact that with plastic figures, you can have transparent or translucent plastic, versus opaque metal minis. For instance, I ended up with far more HorrorClix "Firebreathers" than I needed after getting a good deal on some booster packs; I found I could cut off that translucent orange "plume of flame" to use elsewhere. I did some modifications for a friend's Imperial Guard army to clearly distinguish which of his troops were carrying flamethrowers, used one for a "back-blast" from someone shouldering a rocket-launcher, and also used them for special effects for a Slipstream hero with a rocketpack.

For instance, a plastic "Slipstream Minion" with a clear bubble helmet would be awesome. I could use several for recurring villains for a Slipstream campaign, or I could pop off the helmet, do a head-swap, a color change, a bit of converting, and turn the figure into a some other spacefaring hero or NPC. Or, I could steal the bubble helmet to convert some other figure for Slipstream; I've tried making my own cylindrical helmets from clear plastic tubing, and the results have been less-than-stellar.

I would love it if Legendary Encounters 20017 "Ghost" could be offered in clear or translucent plastic (and just paint the base/tombstone and maybe drybrush the ghost itself or just give it a wash to bring out the detail), because then I'd have a special effect right away that I couldn't hope to achieve with paint. (And, hey, it'd work nicely for Deadlands as well as regular fantasy.)

If there were a "special effects" sprue offered for customizing miniatures, that would be great, as something I'd have an excuse to buy multiple times. E.g., "energy" bursts (lightning bolt, fire burst, ghostly spirit, smoke/tornado swirl, energy shield, acid blob) that you could affix to a spellcaster mini or the business end of a futuristic weapon or mad-science device, or coming out of the mouth of a monster for that added touch. Or, just stick the piece on a base by itself and you've got a small menagerie of "small elementals," a small spirit, a small blobling, etc. In fact, maybe the better way to market it would be as a line of ghosts, elementals, fire markers, blobs, etc., but demonstrate that if you want to, you can cut the little figure off its base and use it to enhance some other (not necessarily plastic) figure for special effects.

In an ideal world, the fire burst would be orange/yellow plastic, the lightning bolt would be blue or yellow, the smoke/tornado swirl would be greyish, the acid blob would be green, etc., but if several of them were being put out of the same die mold, clear plastic could fit the bill, and just give the minis a wash of the appropriate color (and make sure there are enough crannies in the shape of the plastic so some of the color will take hold to get the idea across).

I suspect that if it was easy to do, Reaper would have made their Legendary Encounters Ghost out of translucent plastic already, so there's probably some logical, price-prohibitive reason why it hasn't been done by now ... but I figured I'd wish anyway since the topic of plastics came up. Wink
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: undead outlaw pic
I'm so happy! Very Happy I mean, not only is it so obviously an undead cowboy, but he's got his hands away from the body, which makes this IDEAL for kitbashing (e.g., weapon swaps)!
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As cool as it is to have minis for the special guys, I'd like to see minis for some more character archetypes. The ones in the Classic Player's Guide was a good list. Some ones from there that aren't really covered already:
  • Buffalo Girl
  • Coyote Brave
  • Muckraker
  • Nun
  • Prospector
  • Saloon Gal
  • Shyster
  • Shaman
  • Soldier

Granted, not many of those scream "Deadlands," but it would be nice to have a mini that could represent most of the potential player characters.

And we need a Martial Artist too Smile

The Elder Scrolls conversion and other fun creations.
Other Mike
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreement with Thunderforge above. Make sure the character archetypes are covered.

Note that Reaper has a small number of western mini's in their Chronoscope line. While not "Savage Worlds" specific figures, they could be for all practical purposes. Same scale, same base, and all, if you are a stickler for your mini's looking similar rather than hodge-podge. See this post: http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33930

Also. as mentioned above, plastic (or resin) mini's of critters and the like, which are inexpensive and could be bought in bulk, would be great.
chugosh
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for Slipstream minis.
I mean my stick figure paper minis and the figure flats are fun, but having a good two dozen of the various people and critters would be nifty.

+1 for the Shan Fan area characters, including martial artists.
Other Mike
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some cool figures that can be used for Slipstream, but yeah ... many of the various races are difficult, if not impossible to find. Plus, good pulp Sci-Fi figures are useful for more than just Slipstream.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: