Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Reality Blurs] AoO: ONE SHOT #2 Now Available! 7/23/12
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raene82
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up a copy today and I look forward to getting a chance to read through it. I have to say I really like the format ever since you started doing it with Iron Dynasty.
chitownroy
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will definitely be making the purchase tonight.
ProfMarks
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to continue gushing, but good work deserves its praise, the use of the chiaroscuro art (something that can be hit or miss with me personally) was spot on and I think fit the settling well. Bravo yet again!

Ed, now that I'm deep into the gear piece and considering all the possibilities while keeping FFF (love it btw) I don't know if I missed it but do SUDs, Spytech and Special training stack with existing player edges. There's nothing saying they do not (that I could find during my quick read) so I assume they can?

Again, rock solid...well worth the wait. Once FGII launches the SW 3.2 ruleset, I'm going to definitely try my hand with online GM'ing this setting.
Jackson
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edges never stack, even as gear. So if you have the Marksman Edge, taking the SUD wouldn't increase the gain. However, the Weapon Qualities could.

Glad yer liking what ya see!

I ran a game all weekend and we had a blast.

#gunbattle

Ed

East Texas University....enroll for the Fall Semester Now!
razorwise
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello All!

What a crazy, exciting day it's been!

First off, I'd like to thank everyone for taking Agents of Oblivion to the number one spot on RPGNow! I am honored and humbled. With sales coming in on both our site and theirs, this was no easy feat. Keep up the great work and you will be repaid in kind.

Weird Dave wrote:
HOODY HOO! Can't wait to see the final version! Lots of exciting stuff crammed between those covers, believe you me!

Congratulations Sean and Ed!

Thanks, Dave! It was a lot of fun working closely with Ed on this. We had a shared vision which we will continue to develop with the growth of the line. I should mention Dave made some nice contributions to this project as well as Norm Hensley and Randall Orndorff!

ProfMarks wrote:
Not to continue gushing, but good work deserves its praise, the use of the chiaroscuro art (something that can be hit or miss with me personally) was spot on and I think fit the settling well. Bravo yet again!

Thanks! Cheyenne really did a bang up job with the art. (We truly appreciate all the praise, so don't stop on our account!)

ProfMarks wrote:

Ed, now that I'm deep into the gear piece and considering all the possibilities while keeping FFF (love it btw) I don't know if I missed it but do SUDs, Spytech and Special training stack with existing player edges. There's nothing saying they do not (that I could find during my quick read) so I assume they can?

Nope. As they emulate Edges, they do not stack. (So no Marksman Edge + Fast Track Targeting System, sorry!)

ProfMarks wrote:

Again, rock solid...well worth the wait. Once FGII launches the SW 3.2 ruleset, I'm going to definitely try my hand with online GM'ing this setting.

We really put this one through the wringer and I'd just like to to take this opportunity to thank the unsung heroes, our Lead Editor, Lyn Harm, and our editorial staff comprised of Brad Bell, Tom Cadorette, and Jeff Scifert!

Regards,

Sean
The Blur is Now on G+
Big_Pete
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I just downloaded my copy and had a quick read through. I have to say it looks great, I can't wait to run it next week at my regular game.

Thanks
Pete
razorwise
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings Agents! #00Smiley

How's everyone doing?

Raene82 wrote:
I picked up a copy today and I look forward to getting a chance to read through it. I have to say I really like the format ever since you started doing it with Iron Dynasty.

Missed this! It's good to get positive feedback like this as it encourages us to step out of the box more. When we first moved to a more streamlined look and feel, it was a departure for us from more traditional styles and we hoped it would be received well, but confirmation is always welcome. Thank you!

Beldar1215 wrote:
Just bought the PDF/Print bundle. My Sunday group is starting a game in two weeks. I can't wait!!

Fantastic! You'll have plenty to keep you busy in the meantime. Smile

Big_Pete wrote:
Hi,

I just downloaded my copy and had a quick read through. I have to say it looks great, I can't wait to run it next week at my regular game.

Your guys are gonna love this!

chitownroy wrote:
Will definitely be making the purchase tonight.

Be sure to let us know what ya think.

Now on to the sitrep
First off, I want to again say thank you all for Agents of Oblivion's reception! We have a lot of plans for the line and your support and enthusiasm is like pouring fuel on the fire. Along those lines, Ed Wetterman cranked out Mister E Missive #1: Out of the Shadows yesterday. You can find it here. In it, Ed introduces himself (to those unfamiliar with his work) and says hello to those familiar with him from the various great works he did with 12 to Midnight. As the line developer, he talks about the direction of the line and how you can get involved right now to make Agents of Oblivion a dynamic community. If you are excited and can't wait to play, you'll definitely want to check it out.

For those of you who are into the whole design scene, I pull back the curtain a bit in my interview with Ron and Veronica Blessing on The Game's the Thing where I make my 007th appearance on the show. How fitting? Eh. This appearance makes me the most frequent guest (which I thought was pretty neat). I also talk about about the direction we plan to take the line and touch upon a few other large projects in the works (namely Ravaged Earth 2nd Edition and Shaintar: Legends Arise and Unleashed).

Stay sharp!

Best,

Sean
The Blur is Now on G+
amerigoV
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I got it. Now the big problem - when am I going to get a chance to run/play in it?

That's the problem with this damn system - too many coooool ideas! Cool
Sean Patrick Fannon
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As your resident DriveThruRPG guy, I am proud to point out that it's currently Number Three on our Hottest Items List and Number Two on the Hottest Small Press list!

And it's Number One on the RPGNow Hot List!

Bad Dog. Good Games.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Calden
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked it up today, and extremely happy with it! Not sure I'll ever get around to running a game wirh it, but combined with Realms of Cthulu it's giving me some great stuff to use in my home-mde Savage Worlds Dark Heresy gmae I'll be running soon!
razorwise
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amerigoV wrote:
Ok, I got it. Now the big problem - when am I going to get a chance to run/play in it?

Possibly Con on the Cob? I'm scrambling to get my adventure notes together for the show!

Sean Patrick Fannon wrote:
As your resident DriveThruRPG guy, I am proud to point out that it's currently Number Three on our Hottest Items List and Number Two on the Hottest Small Press list!

And it's Number One on the RPGNow Hot List!

Thanks buddy!

Calden wrote:

Picked it up today, and extremely happy with it! Not sure I'll ever get around to running a game with it, but combined with Realms of Cthulhu it's giving me some great stuff to use in my home-made Savage Worlds Dark Heresy game I'll be running soon!

Glad to hear it! AoO contains a lot of material which can be ported over to other stuff. We want to hear what people do with it! And, well, everything is better with Realms of Cthulhu. Wait. You are an evil man and I do not think I want to play in your Dark Heresy game. It scares me! Very Happy

Best,

Sean
The Blur is Now on G+
Sean Patrick Fannon
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE!

Agents of Oblivion is currently Number One on DriveThruRPG's Small Press Hot List, and Number Two on the Hottest Sellers List.

It remains Number One on RPGnow!

Congrats, Sean!

Bad Dog. Good Games.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
chitownroy
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally bought and printed it. On first quick glance I am very excited to get some "me" time to go through it in more detail. I will admit I have been waiting for this game for a while. Great job!!
razorwise
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again to everyone for the strong reception of Agents of Oblivion. As such, we're really excited and when we get excited we display it as writers generally do (by writing more)!

Ed's dropped another Mister E Missive today!

And I'll let you in on a little secret, I penned a Halloween Mini-Mission which will drop on Monday. Keep an eye out for it.

Stay sharp, agents! Cool

Regards,

Sean
The Blur is Now on G+
drkrash
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, there.

Picked this up last week and just had a chance to look through it. There is a lot to like in here and I'm happy with it. I think there is a lot to recommend SW for espionage and this seems like a comprehensive toolkit, so great job! Smile

There was one area where I was still not as pleased as I would like, however: gearing up. As some may know, this was the bane of both versions of Spycraft, and the AoO system, while much easier, is essentially "SC 2.0 lite."

The problem with this is that, whether I'm watching Alias or Burn Notice, Bourne or Bond, or reading Eisler or Ludlum, the characters always have exactly what they need to effect their plan. They don't have to guess based on incomplete briefing or carry a lot of contingent gear on their character sheet into the field. And I'm not actually a master spy, so I don't want to have to guess what I might need to accomplish a task. Unless I missed something, AoO fails to adequately deal with this issue.

When it comes to gear, I still like Leverage's approach better (which handwaves it altogether). But this is still a lot of fun for a great price.
razorwise
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drkrash wrote:
Hey, there.

Picked this up last week and just had a chance to look through it. There is a lot to like in here and I'm happy with it. I think there is a lot to recommend SW for espionage and this seems like a comprehensive toolkit, so great job! Smile

Thanks! As the line grows, we'll particularize a number of elements of the setting. We wanted the base to be easily customizable, hence the light touch on the world and surrounding elements.

drkrash wrote:

There was one area where I was still not as pleased as I would like, however: gearing up. As some may know, this was the bane of both versions of Spycraft, and the AoO system, while much easier, is essentially "SC 2.0 lite."

drkrash wrote:

The problem with this is that, whether I'm watching Alias or Burn Notice, Bourne or Bond, or reading Eisler or Ludlum, the characters always have exactly what they need to effect their plan. They don't have to guess based on incomplete briefing or carry a lot of contingent gear on their character sheet into the field. And I'm not actually a master spy, so I don't want to have to guess what I might need to accomplish a task. Unless I missed something, AoO fails to adequately deal with this issue.

I cannot speak to Alias, as I've never seen it, but I'll address a few of the genre conventions you speak of. In Burn Notice, Michael has no support structure as he's been burned. I'd give him McGyver and a steady supply of cell phones. "When you're a spy..." James Bond, on the other hand, which informed this work has an entire stage where he goes through getting kitted out. In AoO, we certainly have those steps, but they are quite streamlined and can be easily adjusted for a particular group. We've found people really enjoy the gearing up aspect quite a lot. Don't know what you need in the field? That's what field requisitions are for.

drkrash wrote:

When it comes to gear, I still like Leverage's approach better (which handwaves it altogether). But this is still a lot of fun for a great price.

Handwaving things is always the Director's prerogative, but it's far easier to not use certain rules than to generate rules on the fly.

Thanks again for the nice comments!

Best,

Sean

P.S. I'd never expect an actual master spy to admit he was such on any public forum. Wink
The Blur is Now on G+
razorwise
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Mini-Mission #1: The Bad Seed Reply with quote

Hello All,

Who's ready for a Halloween Mini-Mission?!

The agents are sent to the wilds of Boise, Idaho to find out why children are disappearing in the midst of The Pumpkin Festival. Can they stop the horrors which await them?

Get it for free from our shop today!

Best,

Sean
The Blur is Now on G+
Timon
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up the AoO pdf from RPGnow and it is a very, very nice bit of work. I am itching to play a Laundry-universe game with it...

I tried to grab the Halloween freeby but got "not accepting payments from your region", which is probably down to my Dutch address..?

Edit: Thanks Roger - that works

Last edited by Timon on Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Roger Eberhart
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got that message too, but I was still able to proceed and download the file.
Virgobrown72
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pow!!! It's decided. I'm a-gittin' this'n!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: