Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What kind of game tokens or miniatures do you prefer to use?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What are you using in your games?
Prepainted miniatures
25%
 25%  [ 11 ]
Unpainted (or self-painted) miniatures
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Figure flats
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
Paper/cardboard counters
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Just any tokens
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Both prepainted and unpainted miniatures
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
A combination of above
27%
 27%  [ 12 ]
Depends on game
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Other
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 43

warrenss2
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just wanted to say that's a great conversion!

I wish I could take credit for the idea, but I stole it from someone else. I've since lost the link to his website. Sad

Where are you guys getting the character tokens from? Especially the ones that you can flip over for the "shaken" version of the character. I've played tokens in the new Gamma World (yawn) and thought they were a wonderfully cheap alternative to miniatures.

I haven't tried out the cardstock standies yet.
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warrenss2 wrote:
Where are you guys getting the character tokens from? Especially the ones that you can flip over for the "shaken" version of the character.

I make my own. I've already got the layout skills and software just sitting around, so it's not that big of a deal for me.

I tend to "cast" my characters, especially for con games, from movies and television that I've seen, and then it's pretty easy to go find images. Then again, you can also run into that awkward moment when someone realizes that you thought it was a good idea to cast Pierce Brosnan as Hades. Only once did I have someone skip a character option because they didn't want to be "played" by Justin Long (the Mac guy).
kronovan
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chose prepainted fig's, but then I realized I do use tokens and I have a heckuva lot of 1:72 unpainted military figs. I have 3 complete sets of Star Wars Minis (amounting to about 500 figs total), about 100 Heroclix, about 50 MechWarrior figs and about 300 unpainted military figs. I really wish I'd gotten into some prepainted Fantasy figs, but I didn't and there isn't much of anything at any of the LGS's in my city. I use tokens for some military aircraft and navy vehicles. Whenever I need a 1:72 or 1:60 scale modern vehicle, I usually just find a graphic and then photoshop it to scale and turn it into a laminated tile or token.

One of the players in my gaming group is a real 1:72 model enthusiast, so at any time I have about 20 armored cars, APC, tanks, jets and WWII props on hand - some very authentically painted, some not painted at all. He also supplies me with a lot of nice 1:72 military scenery. Smile I'd love to have the time and resources to paint figs like I used to in my AD&D days, but the reality is I just don't.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: