Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Demo groups?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dr evil
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 1:49 pm    Post subject: Demo groups? Reply with quote

Just curious is there a demo group for Pinnacle? You know like Pod Corps for Dreampod 9, or Envoys for Wizkids' cliks games. I do a lot of Demoing on the weekends (SW included) and I'm just curious. Cool
Mort
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. Last I heard Pinnacle didn't have the budget. Though Perhaps that changed with Savage worlds' success.
MadTinkerer
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beleive there is an Official Pinnacle Fanatic Demo Brigade who are willing to use tactics up to and including using professional Greek Sirens to lure gamers away from D&D 3.5e demo tables and playing Savage Worlds with them for about a half hour, thereby permanently deprogramming them from the grasp of the D'Twenty. I even hung around the 3.5e tables for a few minutes just to get some attention from the Sirens. They may be over 2000 years old, but they don't look it. Yowza!

[Legal disclaimer: there is no such thing as Sirens, Harowed, Sa Karan, Fairies, intelligent dinosaurs or Evil Shane. If gorgeous babes offer to play Savage Worlds with you, it's strictly because Savage Worlds is that good and not because they're supernatural creatures and/or employed by Pinnacle. Therefore, if you find the Savage Worlds game you are playing to be distracting you from beauty of your fellow female gamers so much that you forget to ask for their phone numbers, don't blame Shane.]

Check out Mad Tinkerer Dot Org!
PEGShane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid not. It's just not something I have enough staff to handle. RPG demos are really difficult to run demo teams for as well.

Of course you're always welcome to do so on your own, and I certainly appreciate it!

Shane
Count Zero
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't blame Shane?? Don't tell my group that. The joke at my Evernight game is that whenever anything bad happens to the players and they look at me I say "Hey, blame Shane." So now every time they get whooped up on they look at each other and say "Its Shanes fault." Last time I think was Tragors tomb. Wink
They've gotten more savvy with the rules and have come a helluva long way from the Orc beat down in the Savage Hills so I don't hear it as often any more. Smile
dr evil
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am already, and I don't have any plans to change, (in fact I just painted afew figs for Saturday's Deadlands SW demo)
Marguerite
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MadTinkerer wrote:
There is no such thing as Sirens, Harowed, Sa Karan, Fairies, intelligent dinosaurs or Evil Shane. If gorgeous babes offer to play Savage Worlds with you, it's strictly because Savage Worlds is that good and not because they're supernatural creatures and/or employed by Pinnacle. Therefore, if you find the Savage Worlds game you are playing to be distracting you from beauty of your fellow female gamers so much that you forget to ask for their phone numbers, don't blame Shane.]

Hehehehe! Well, I've never claimed to be supernatural, but I'll take the "gorgeous gamer babes" line as a compliment. Very Happy

Marguerite

jeff
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hon, I'll bet you're an absolute doll. If I was straight..... #hug
DannyboyO1
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, or, yanno, halfway across the continent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: