Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Devil's Six Gun

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Comics & Graphic Novels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TommyBrownell
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: The Devil's Six Gun Reply with quote

Holy smokes...

I'll have a full, spoiler-free (or at least VERY spoiler lite) review up in a few days, but let me just say: New relic, and the star of the back-up story is veeeeeeerry interesting.

What...you mean everyone didn't get to read it ten days before it ships?
TommyBrownell
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And my review is up, if you wanna read it: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com/2011/06/tommys-take-on-deadlands-devils-six-gun.html
Savage_Mask
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought and read it today. I loved it. Copernicus rocks! Mad scientist bad a$$. And I like the fact that the story wraps up in one issue. I dont like the whole "here's 12 pages of story see you next month" and Deadlands is different. I can never keep up with a story you have to wait a month to follow. And the little short story was fun too. I also like the fact that stats for the Devil six-gun are given for the Reloaded rules. Awesome stuff!
Thunderforge
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked it a lot. Definitely did a good job in capturing the feel of Deadlands.

My only complaint was that I thought the skull motif was a bit overused. The first few times, it was really cool, like the shadows on the floor when Tygian gives Copernicus the ghost rock. After a while, I think it just lost its effect for me (especially when it wound up being on the ghost rock in almost every panel) and it would have been better if there were fewer of them or a different symbol of fear was used to mix things up.

Also, are we led to believe that "The Kid" from the end story is the same as the narrator in the main story? The narrator boxes in both stories are the same style and font, leading me to think so. And if he is him, do you think that an older version of him was the one who took the Devil's Six Gun at the end?

The Elder Scrolls conversion and other fun creations.
JackMann
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they're related, Thunder. The two are separate stories, and the second story (Showdown) appears to be one that's going to continue in the next few issues, since it's marked 1 of 4.
inlife9
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in! I hope that it becomes an ongoing series.
Ruger
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally managed to pick up the first two of these today. I must say, I really enjoyed them, and can't wait for the rest.

Ruger
TommyBrownell
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com/2011/09/tommys-take-on-deadlands-one-shots-and.html

I didn't get preview copies of these two, unfortunately, so it took me longer to get them in hand, but I just reviewed the second two releases. Gotta say, I'm enjoying the heck out of the main stories.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Comics & Graphic Novels All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: