Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Movement penalties

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilasWrathStrike
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Movement penalties Reply with quote

Ok, so I know that if you're moving between 1 yard up to your regular Pace, you take a -2 penalty to all actions, and if you move more than your regular Pace you're running, and you take a -4 to all actions.

The way we've been playing is that this penalty applies to all your actions for the entire round. Does anyone know if this is official? I saw something recently that made me think perhaps it only applies on the actions in which you ARE concurrently moving.

Also, if you choose to shoot, THEN move, on the same action card, does your shooting roll get the penalty or not, seeing as you moved BEFORE shooting, though the movement is still on the same action card.

And finally, if someone moves 1-19 yards in a round, you take a -2 penalty to hit them right? I forget if this is just shooting based, or if in hand-to-hand it makes any difference? And if they move 20+ yards that round then you take a -4 penalty.

And would these penalties apply for the entire round to affect them?
Cable Hogue
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I understand it:

Movement BEFORE shooting - move on one action card, and shoot on another action card. No movement penalty for shooting.

Movement WHILE shooting - shoot AND move on the SAME action card. Her the movement penalty applies to the shooting roll made on the same action card on which the character moves.

Shooting rolls or other actions made on action cards AFTER any movement actions are not subject to movement penalties.

So movement penalties only apply, if you are doing two things at a time: moving AND shooting. Doing those two actions one after another requires one action card for each.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: