Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Syker Telekinesis... incomplete?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nikuchan
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Syker Telekinesis... incomplete? Reply with quote

I have a player who is playing a Syker and he chose Telekinesis as one of his powers. On Page 79 of the Brainburners book it says:

TN: 5
Strain: Special
Speed: 5

On the following page, it states that a Syker rolls Blastin' against a TN of 5 and "Spends his strain" and then gains a strength stat equal to their Spirit plus one step.

After that, it makes no reference to how much Strain to spend at all. Also, I dont understand how it is Speed 5. Does that it takes 5 action cards to lift up a gun and fire it even though it talks about performing actions simultaneously with telekinetic ones at a -2 to both. I thought it was a typo but it has the exact same stats on the abbreviated stats page on page 83.

I know that Aztec Surprise costs 3 strain and Bone Ripper costs 5 strain. Maybe they meant to have strain be 5 and speed by special? That is what I would figure it is but I want to make sure that there wasnt an offical ruling somewhere.

Help me out?
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shane says 3 (ref: Accumulated Rulings, 1999).
Nikuchan
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info! Where might I find more of these accumulated rulings?
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The originals are down, but fan back ups exist:
http://www.johnmcneil.com/portal/Gaming/Deadlands/AcumulatedRules/tabid/62/Default.aspx

Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: