Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What character concepts have you always wanted to play?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilasWrathStrike
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: What character concepts have you always wanted to play? Reply with quote

That's basically it, what concepts for a character have you always wanted to play but never had the chance to- be it through lack of time, too many ideas, or Marshal nixing?

Also, if you just have a concept that you loved and DID get to play, feel free to share.
Mr. Wilson
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always been the Marshall, so I've actually never had the chance to play a character.

My first choices are the character archtypes I consider to be the most heroic in HoE:

Librarians
'Tellers
and Law Dogs.

HoE, to me, is about the struggle to maintain hope in a shattered world. At least, that's how I try and run my games. Sure, it's a grim world with lots of death and despair, but only by maintaining hope will humanity survive the Reckoning.
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Skypirate Scout for a combine

I'm dressed for it
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VonDan wrote:
A Skypirate Scout for a combine

I'm dressed for it

... But the Combine hates the Sky Pirates. Question

Me, I really wanted to play either Trogo the Meat Shield (a terribly mutated ex-weatherman with a syker-induced delusion that background radiation was harmless), or my WW 1 veteran Texas Ranger cyborg (real name: Ryan Seacrest - he despised the two decades following 1990).
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The randy, heroic Postman. As the pinnacle of all that is good and wholesome in Deadlands (and will also hump everyone's leg), the concept of this ultimate unlikely hero has always amused me.

I've always wanted to play a good Junker. I've played a few, but they were mostly in one-off games. I would like to see a Junker building crazy stuff like cell towers to relay radio signals or a force field system that a town can use to defend itself against invasion. Basically, I would like to get to the point where the posse has all the little gizmos it wants, and the Junker is using his trade to help the towns they move through. This also touches on my hatred for Junker made weapons, and would allow me (as the player) to explore what else a Junker could do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: