Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[HoE] [Classic] A question about Junker Power & Power Ar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Demon of Kyber
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: [HoE] [Classic] A question about Junker Power & Power Ar Reply with quote

Just a quick note, our posse's Junker is making this, not me, as I'm not too great with the Junker rules so this could be quite Wrong.

Ok, my question is this: If I use the Junker Power Reactor to make a Reactor then use the Power Generator to convert that to "good ol' electricity" could I then hook that up to a suit of power armor and be fine for the power requirements (assuming enough power is output)

Also, as the Reactor generates Power per round and PA uses Drain/Minute, what Frame Size Reactor would be good if I'm using say 8 Drain a Minute
(Not sure on that number honestly)

Note that this is for a character in progress, He will be a Steel Knight so his PA is pretty important, and so he's looking for good power supplies.

Thanks for a replies in advance.
Templar
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Before I answer, must say I enjoy the name, always nice to see another Eberron fan)

I'd say it would work. My group has a knight of steel in it as well. The minimum generator size is the one that can power a house, but it only gives half the energy listed for being hooked up to a standard power grid.
Demon of Kyber
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Yes, it is indeed nice to see Eberron fans elsewhere)

Ok so at a minimum it would require a Frame Size 5 Generator, which lists it provides 4 Drain an hour, and the power grid provides 2 units a minute, so it would provide 1 unit a minute for the Frame Size 5 Gen? Also, what about the Reactor?

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding but I am not getting where the Power Grid comes into effect in this?
Templar
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reactor itself wouldn't help unless it powers the generator, since the energy it puts out is G rays and a non junker built suit of power armor would need regular electricity.

I mentioned the power grid since that was the only real example we have of power sources outside of a canister, broken suit, or nuclear vehicle.
Demon of Kyber
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I was going to do was have this-Basically having the Generator as an adapter from the Reactor to the Power Armor

Reactor 8 G-Rays a Round>>Generator to power a house>Power Armor

The generator has 4 drain an hour, still left with 116 G-Rays an hour
(This is all assuming 3 second rounds) the suit could use upto 7.7 Drain a minute and I would be fine on power

The reason I asked this on the forum was to get other people's opinion on if it would work, as it seems it will, so thank you Templar!
Templar
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demon of Kyber wrote:
What I was going to do was have this-Basically having the Generator as an adapter from the Reactor to the Power Armor

Reactor 8 G-Rays a Round>>Generator to power a house>Power Armor

The generator has 4 drain an hour, still left with 116 G-Rays an hour
(This is all assuming 3 second rounds) the suit could use upto 7.7 Drain a minute and I would be fine on power

The reason I asked this on the forum was to get other people's opinion on if it would work, as it seems it will, so thank you Templar!

Oh, I should mention that the house sized generator thing is a houserule I have for my group. There isn't really an official one but given sizes and all that of the greater generators that is what my group decided to go to. We also require that nothing else be hooked to the generator when the suit is charging at the house sized one.
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should point out that all Frame size references were errata'ed some time ago. The minimum size of a reactor is not 2. That should save you some number crunching regarding left over drain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: