Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Apathy Games] TPA Contest and the End of the Complete Pack
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff Carlsen
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: [Apathy Games] TPA Contest and the End of the Complete Pack Reply with quote

Just letting everyone know that we're running a contest over at ApathyGames.com where you can win a PDF of Temporal Probability Agency.

Entering is simple. Just leave a comment with a single objective agents might find on their laundry list.

Also, one week after the contest ends, we will stop offering the TPA Complete Pack, which will be updated with Acts II and III when they are completed. If you want to get in on the special deal, you need to act soon.
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooo... shiney. I posted one at the main website. Should I post again here?
ron blessing
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And for those who wish to know more about this awesome setting, there will be a new episode of The Game's the Thing some time tomorrow, featuring Jeff and Tyson from Apathy Games. We talked at great length about TPA and what went into the setting's presentation and design.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jeff Carlsen
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@newForumName: No no, only posts on the blog will count.
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just purchased the complete pack along with purchasing a bunch of Suzerain goodies the other day. Now if only I could find the time to read everything. Where you guys when I was in the hospital once a week for four weeks with very little to do other than take Vicodin and lay around? By the way just wanted to mention based on what I have read so far you guys are so under charging for TPA.
kreider204
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chitownroy wrote:
By the way just wanted to mention based on what I have read so far you guys are so under charging for TPA.

SSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laughing
grimmshade
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went ahead and purchased the complete pack, even though I have plenty of material for SW games already. A quick glance makes me sure I will run it at some point (when my playing group needs a break from 1930's & Space Pulp.) Impressed that you have included nice maps of the locations and handouts (players love those.) It looks like it would be a really fun setting for a player. Overall very nice work!
DHRDawg
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After listening to you guys on The Game's the Thing I thought I would give TPA a try and bought it.

The layout of the pages are great. Kudos to the designer. I'm a RPG graphic artist myself and there were many, I wish it thought of that moments, while paging through the documents. The stat blocks are nicely organized and there is a great use of color. Really man, good job.

The TPA setting seems like a fun fit for my group. Can't wait to read it all and run this.

Thanks.
77IM
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chitownroy wrote:
By the way just wanted to mention based on what I have read so far you guys are so under charging for TPA.

I'm buying all the chapters independently instead of in the bundle because it's more expensive that way.

-- 77IM
TheLoremaster
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me as another one who snagged the bundle after hearing about it on TGTT. Ho. Lee. Crap this is awesome. Kudos on a really great package! Can't wait to see Acts II and III!!
Jeff Carlsen
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the praise, all of you. It's truly touching. Every aspect of the project, from the concept to the layout, was a gamble, so it means a lot that it's being so well received.

Yeah, the price is lower than a lot of equivalent PDFs. We priced it where we felt right about it: low enough to make you feel like you're getting a value. Buyer's remorse is a poor long-term strategy.

If you believe that we're charging too little, please, don't hesitate to tell your friends to take advantage of our stupidity. Getting the word out is our most difficult challenge right now.
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooooo... the blog states only 2 days left to buy the complete pack, but I haven't seen any notices about the competition winners. Were they honored in a secret ceremony?
Jeff Carlsen
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cood catch. It was an oversight on our part. We've just announced the winners and extended the complete pack by a week.
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Although, I'll still have to buy the Complete Pack...

"While nFNN could be less of a jerk about how he says what he says, what he says is essentially correct." -- ValhallaGH
Cripple X
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news as to when Act 2 and Act 3 of To Predict and Serve will be released?
Jeff Carlsen
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, no.

I'm putting together a full update as to what's happening within Apathy and the current state of TPA, and that should be up soon.

But the short of it is, while most of the adventures have a written draft, two are still incomplete, and playtesting and revision are being blocked by the recent birth of infants. Much work has been done, but I can't say with any experience how long until significant progress can be made again.

So you know, quality matters to us, and Act 1 took us two years to go from conception to completion. By comparison, Acts 2 and 3 have moved very quickly, though not as quickly as anyone would like.
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any update? It's been more than a year and and a half since this last post and nearly two and a half since I originally purchased the Complete Pack and I still haven't heard anything about the second and third acts.
Jeff Carlsen
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the silence, but Apathy Games hasn't been active for a while. We'll be meeting soon to discuss the future of TPA and the company as a whole.

I'll have a real update for you soon.
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to the update, since I too purchased the complete pack when the first part was just released, although I'm not encouraged by the news that Apathy hasn't been active for awhile. Loved the concept and the format of TPA, but the delay in getting parts 2 & 3 have really put me off backing something similar in the future.
Jeff Carlsen
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac40k wrote:
Looking forward to the update, since I too purchased the complete pack when the first part was just released, although I'm not encouraged by the news that Apathy hasn't been active for awhile. Loved the concept and the format of TPA, but the delay in getting parts 2 & 3 have really put me off backing something similar in the future.

That's quite understandable. We dropped the ball. But, we've sorted out our various excuses and are picking it back up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: