Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[classic] Blindside and multiple targets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeb Rowe
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: [classic] Blindside and multiple targets Reply with quote

Hey guys, been a while. I need a clarification here, on the Syker power Blindside.

In Brainburners, the Strain cost is listed as 1/target. This could imply either that this is an area effect type of attack, or that the syker can add victims with successive actions. The description does not really help, unfortunately.

Is this a power that requires one Blastin check on multiple targets (with each target opposing with his own vigor check)? Or does the syker reach in and shut down the optic nerves of each target one at a time, requiring an action and a blastin check each?

I don't think this was addressed on the Accumulated Rulings - at least not the edition I have. Any guidance on this one?

Thanks,

"...so I unwrap my brand new City O' Gloom box, and right there on the inside of the box bottom, I find the word "Die!!" handwritten in nice big friendly letters..."

What did I ever do to you guys?
SilasWrathStrike
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding of it was that you'd do it all in one action, as per the Speed 1 rule, and it would effect as many targets as you wanted/could target. Otherwise they wouldn't have said "1/target", but just "1 person", and you could use the power every action anyway. Otherwise there's absolutely no difference between that and casting it again, and there just would have been no need to include the "1/target" listing.
Fists-of-Dorn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

Silas has the right of it. This power is intended to be used against multiple targets if necessary all with a single roll.

-Fists.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: