Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Encounter: The Roadkill Boyz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maglaurus
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Encounter: The Roadkill Boyz Reply with quote

This is rather late in the day, but I could use some help developing an idea for my game tomorrow afternoon. The se- up is that the posse is forced to walk after loosing their ride and most of their gear to a Combine ambush (this was how the last episode ended). While on foot, they met by a biker gang that has been tailing them. The leader's new main squeeze is an old friend of the posse and she's assured them they are cool, so the biker's offer them a lift to the next settlement--a 2 or 3 day haul. Over time, the bikers begin to behave oddly: they yip and howl when excited, they love lame practical jokes, they're always talking about food, and they all seem to have fleas.

Eventually, the reality of the situation becomes clear in one of two ways:
--A posse member is injured during an effort to scavenge a ruin.
OR --The gang accosts a group of wastelanders traveling in an RV.
Either way, the gang complains that they haven't eaten a decent meal in days and the leader lets them have at it-->They turn into coyote-like lycanthropes (a reward for their cannibal acts in the service of Famine*). The posse will likely have to steal bikes and flee, hopefully rescuing the leader's squeeze in the process. The Roadkill Boyz will return at a later date to pester them.

*The posse pissed off Famine a while back by icing one of her lesser servitors.

Anyway, this is just a way of getting my posse from point A to point B in a colorful fashion. I'm interested to know if anyone sees holes in the encounter or a means by which I could improve the experience. I realize my players are always going to be suspicious of everything I can do, but I want to keep them from blowing the gangers away at the first sign of trouble.
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The make of the RV is Wendibago a pre war classic for comfort camping

The driver looks like June Cleaver

Her daughters look like the girls of Petty coat junction

The are cannibal witches
Fists-of-Dorn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

Seeing as the posse has lost most of their gear, and I presume weapons are included here either by losing the weapon or most of the ammunition for them, then you should be able to keep them from killing off the coyotes. Separation will be key to this, as well as a quick killing of the RV's occupants.
For example you have the bikers, with posse members, riding down the road when an RV is spotted up ahead. Have the bikers accelerate to get alongside the RV and start harassing them (insults and threats, but no actual violence just yet). A heroic posse will want to do something here; try to talk the bikers off of attacking the RV. A murderous posse will just leap at the first opportunity to pull a knife and slit the throat of someone that has more stuff.
So let the heroes try to talk the bikers off; play up the bikers' confusion here, after all the boss' squeeze said they were 'cool' after all. As the RV continues down the road, probably not capable of going much more than 40 mph, the bikers slow down and the boss orders his boyz to ditch the dead weight (dump the posse and the members are not used to fighting off and pick them up later) and then they pursue the RV. Have the bikers speed off and overtake the RV, some ripping open the door with grapnels for others to clamber inside.
From the roadside behind the attack on the RV the posse can quickly try to talk to the boss' girl to figure out just what the hell is going on. Have a biker or three around that were also dropped off (say they are wounded, or just not good in a fight- there for her looks not her ability in a fight) start hassling the girl for letting 'strangers' ride with them, especially when they are all so damned hungry. Start the changing process on these extras, and make the posse think 'WEREOLVES!!!" so as to motivate them into running like hell.
Thankfully for them as the bikers chased down the RV many of them leapt from their bikes to the RV to take it over and begin feeding. So there is a trail of bikes between the posse and the monsters. Seeing as the posse was dumped on their bums without all of their packs and weapons (explain to them just how difficult it is to try to hang onto someone going down a smooth road surface while holding an FAL in your hands at the same time, then remind them this is hell on earth- smooth road surfaces? Right.) the heroes shouldn't have much equipment available to them to put up much of a fight here.
Now for stripping them bare of all of their gear they are getting a couple of bikes in return (just enough to get everyone out, not necessarily one per rider) and you might throw in some decent trade goods that they can use to replenish their equipment later on.

Hope that that helps.

-Fists.
maglaurus
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@VonDan
Caught between two groups of cannibals? I don't know if I could be that cruel, especially with half my players missing (the perils of gaming in the Summer months). Though I'm certainly going to stat up your idea there and save it for later. Famine needs all the allies she can get.
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had it wrote out but of course lost it in the HD drop. I thought it up a few years ago some one on the board wanted ideas for an encounter and some how an RV was in it. I just spent a half hour searching the forum archive to see if I had posted the full thing in the original thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: