Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lost Colony Reloaded!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Lost Colony Reloaded! Reply with quote

Don't get too excited; it's still years away. Smile

But I'm already starting to think about what might be included in the book, which is likely to be a traditional setting + Plot Point.

So... what do you cowpokes want to see in Lost Colony Reloaded?
tylermo
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the old DL book back in the late 90's, but didn't really get to play until the early 2000's. Only got to play HOE at some cons, but have yet to play LC. That said, I own most of the material for all three. I look forward to LC:Reloaded when it gets its moment in the sun.
skylion
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An Adventure generator for a Deadlands book would be choice. Also, and this is no short order, but expanding the setting beyond Banshee and it's environs would be pretty good. Other planets, other places to go after the Big Fish are Fried. I'm already looking forward to getting HOE, but honestly, nothing in Classic Lost Colony grabbed my attention. Which makes it the only Pinnacle product (not counting the card game Last Crusade) out of all of them that didn't enthuse. I will probably get LC Reloaded, but at this point, only for completions sake.
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LC really needs a reboot. While the premise of the original was great, it never got the attention it needed. The one biggest problem was it didn't know what it wanted to be. It tried to cram Avatar and Firefly (yes both came well after but you get the idea) in one book with too little detail. The Companion tried to remedy that it was a stop-gap but then cram in the over-all's Big Bads and end the series. If LC is getting a reboot via SW, please plan more than one book. While the basics of the whole setting need to be in the main book, focus it on Banshee and really flesh it out. Then go into the real dirt on the system with great detail.

We needed a rework of Banshee itself. More detail on what tech is still around and what life is like in towns other than Temptation. More on the Skinny cathedrals. Details on the Anouk tribes that are still active, traditions, tactics, etc.

More about the system. In the original we had the belt, fleet and a couple of stations. Maybe where should have been some terraforming of some moon (or three), maybe more stations (with detail).

On a side note; even-though Firefly came out after it really did some great things with the concept of space western. My group is playing a Firefly game using the Deadlands (LC) system and so get the best of both worlds (no pun intended).

Just my $0.02

My Deadlands sites
The Lynchburg Journal
The Junkyard Intranet
The Temptation Reportl
steelbrok
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm inclined to agree here. Banshee itself could be a book plus another for the remainder of the system
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot of fun could be had with the basic idea of the "Wild West in Space." I regret that I never really got up to speed on all the particulars of Lost Colony, but I'd be curious to see what's done with it.

I like the idea of some terraformed moons (or perhaps another planet or two in the same system?). That could give spaceships somewhere to go, without necessarily opening up a whole FTL can o' worms as to why someone with a ship can't just whip off to visit Earth or any ol' star or interesting speck in the sky.
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I think LC reloaded is a bit iffy. When I looked it over I felt kind of underwhelmed, I enjoyed some of the ideas sure. The anouks were cool, and I also liked the concept of the guardians and of Tannis rock, these things were fairly interesting and neat ideas. The problem for me was more that it didn't have the draw or punch that the other two versions did.

In weird west and wasted it felt like there was a big organized threat, the reckoners might be that for banshee once they get dropped off there, but it still feels a bit off. Warfield and the Reapers both make interesting villains but they aren't the supernatural threats offered in Wasted or Weird. The skinnies might be that but they're shown to still be in recovery and rather poorly organized.

Compared to weird west, especially compared to wasted west Lost Colony feels triumphant, better access to equipment, safer environments, and only a few major enemies that pose a major threat. I will admit that I love the idea of lost colony and again that a fair amount of stuff in there is interesting and compelling but it still feels at the very least rather unfinished.
Thunderforge
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming from someone who has never played classic Lost Colony, I'm guessing that Lost Colony: Reloaded is kind of a cross between Space 1889, Firefly, and Deadlands. I love all three, but I'm having a difficult time getting excited by seeing them merged, especially since Space 1889 already seems to fill the niche of a cross-genre 19th century sci-fi.

It's rather vague, but I want for someone to be able to pitch Lost Colony: Reloaded to me and say, "Imagine Firefly, but there's also..." and have it actually sound new and exciting rather than a messy rehash of plot threads. Not sure if that's helpful advice, but that's how I'm seeing it right now. Confused

EDIT: Also, I really like the format of Player's Guide + Marshall's Handbook that Deadlands has right now, but you said that it would be Setting + Plot Point. Any chance it could be Player's Guide + Marshall's Handbook with Plot Point?
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great thread so far, folks... keep the replies comin'!

I'm coming at this from the point of view of, "Lost Colony had great promise, and what was published was cool, but it didn't quite pay off." (That's what numerous people have told me.)

My goal is not just to "reload" existing material and toss it out there, but rather to bring everything up-to-date with Savage Worlds, and expand the setting so it provides a rich, extensive play experience. Whether that requires one book or several isn't even a topic of internal discussion yet, so anything's possible.

Anyhow, whether it's what you want to see, what was missing from Lost Colony the first time around, or what concerns you have about the viability of the setting... it's all of great interest to me. Thanks! Smile

(Thunderforge, I think Lost Colony takes place in the year 2100 or later, so it's definitely futuristic-type sci-fi.)
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Colony Reloaded! Reply with quote

Cutter XXIII wrote:
But I'm already starting to think about what might be included in the book, which is likely to be a traditional setting + Plot Point.

So... what do you cowpokes want to see in Lost Colony Reloaded?

Room for multiple plot points. LC is a big playground, just like the Weird, or Wasted, West. That's something that got lost in the classic books, with their focus on Temptation. The Companion helped (and is really the only resource I use to understand Banshee).

But the writing approach made a full and awesome setting feel like an add-on for HOE; a location book, in the same vein as Denver or Iron Oasis. That was a disservice to the setting, one that I want to see rectified.

Thunderforge wrote:
It's rather vague, but I want for someone to be able to pitch Lost Colony: Reloaded to me and say, "Imagine Firefly, but there's also..." and have it actually sound new and exciting rather than a messy rehash of plot threads. Not sure if that's helpful advice, but that's how I'm seeing it right now. Confused

@Thunderforge
Deadlands: Lost Colony. In 2044 the powerful Hellstromme Industries announced that they'd opened an interstellar wormhole and found a habitable planet on the other side (and called it Banshee). This planet had indigenous intelligent life, called anouks, uncharted wilderness of a similar variety to Earth, and strange creatures including things resembling Dinosaurs.
Scientists and adventurers immediately made travel plans.

A 2052 survey discovered Ghost Rock on Banshee. Given that the world supply was predicted to vanish in 20-odd years, every government of the world wanted to control the Banshee supply. Prospectors and boom towns flooded the human zones, rapidly spreading into the land of the natives.
War came to the colony.

A skirmish at one of the illegal settlements in 2072 led to a planet-wide conflict between the species. This was defused for a few months, but some vicious (unsolved) murders of Anouks (the locals) fanned the flames of war. And the anouks were off to a great start, using a combination of hit-and-run tactics, superior terrain mastery, a 10 to 1 numerical advantage, and their own brand of shammanic magic.
Then the United Nation Expeditionary Force (EXFOR), under General O. K. "Overkill" Warfield arrived, with troops from every involved nation. The situation got very bloody very fast. And went extremely badly for the anouks.

Everything changed again when the anouks revealed a new, psychic, power class: the Skinnies. These beings were so horrific that the UN managed to cobble together the Syker Legion from all member nations to go battle the Skinnies. After years of blood and pain, the Legion and EXFOR managed to beat back the anouks and their unholy allies.
Then World War 3 started on Earth.

Troops were recalled. The war continued. The Sykers were recalled, and the war continued. The Tunnel (the interstellar wormhole) closed, and the war was over.
The Banshee colony was cut off. Lost to space.

That was Fall, 2081. It is now Spring, 2096-ish. Banshee has been rocked by a year-long dust storm called the World Storm. Cities have been scoured from the surface, ruins have been uncovered, Weird problems have disabled and destroyed various space stations, and the landscape has been altered.
The anouk wars are on hold, essentially reset to the early 2070's situation.
The UN-chartered Colonial Rangers are the closest thing to civil authority. Hellstromme Industries has a massive presence, due to their powerful space facilities, vast financial resources, and small private army. EXFOR still has ships and troops, is recruiting from the local population, and is still under the command of General Warfield. The Skinnies haven't been heard from since the World Storm, but are believed to still be out there.
And Weird evil is on the rise.

Stylistically, it blends together the high-tech of Hell on Earth and the fringe-of-civilization from the Weird West. The colonists assume that they represent a part of the larger human civilization; isolated but real. The system resources allow for various groups to develop and maintain cutting-edge technology, which your posse can acquire when they fight bad guys.
Anouks are a powerful factor. They can be amazing allies and heroes (even PCs), or they can be a terrifying foe. And then there are the Weird elements, both assisting and opposing, that let the Marshal play with the Deadlands meta-plot however she desires.
Zombi Bobb
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What really went a long way in helping me get Lost Colony was the novel. I think this was because I got to see what adventures on Banshee could be like and I got to meet the average people of the setting, not just learn the names of the movers and shakers.
newForumNewName
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Necessary Evil because of the plot point. The fact that Deadlands has several plot points makes it a longer lived game, I think. Whatever happens, Lost Colony should have Plot Points. Whether that comes in the form of a single book a la 50 Fathoms (a classic example of a well-executed Plot Point) or several a la Deadlands (The Flood, The next one, and the other two Reckoner pawns), that is something that you (Pinnacle folks) should incorporate into Lost Colony (and Hell on Earth, for that matter...).

The Deadlands split-book format is not something that I really like unless the Player's Handbook is markedly cheaper than the Marshal's Handbook. At least one person will have to buy both books. What I'd love is to see a Hardcover version with both Player and Marshal sections and a Softcover Explorer's handbook style split book.

"While nFNN could be less of a jerk about how he says what he says, what he says is essentially correct." -- ValhallaGH
Thunderforge
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone who pointed out that Lost Colony was in the far future. I guess I assumed it was around the same time period as Deadlands.

I thought about it a little bit, especially with the descriptions provided, and right now it feels more like "the sequel setting to Deadlands and Hell on Earth" rather than a setting that can pull people in on its own. As a new player, the whole concept is interesting, but I'm not sure it's interesting enough for me to go out and buy initial print copies at GenCon (which I did with the new Deadlands books) and get my friends to play. At least, that's in its current state. If it were reworked, then maybe I would be first in line!
Sadric
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently there was a thread about a expanded Lost Colony setting, with more space colonys out there. I really liked it, but I thinked then that it would be a different beast then a "normal" Lost Colony campaign.
So maybe it should be splitted in a banshee book and a space book, both with a plot point.

For me Lost Colony become cool as I read the LC companion.
Maybe you should try to rewrite the campaign outline of the companion in a great plot ploint campaign (+the HOE adventure wehre you could fly to Banshee with the old Psyker ship) and explot it this way.
steelbrok
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmm...I think Sadric hits the spot:

Banshee book plus plot point
and
Remainder of system book plus plot point

And then...

Well I think a what next would be worth thinking about, if the space plot point involved re-opening the Tunnel to link up the HOE and Lost Colony settings then...
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disclaimer: I never actually ran/played Lost Colony. I just thumbed through a friend's books while prepping for a Hell on Earth campaign.

I think the main "problems" for me with Lost Colony were:

1) It seemed like everything I could find in Lost Colony (aliens, sci-fi hardware, psykers, cybernetics, isolated settlements, restless natives resentful of intruders, etc.) I could just as easily find in the Wasted West. Hence, it just came across to me as a sort of "little extension" to the Wasted West, in the same way a book expansion to Denver might flesh out a location - not really as an entirely new setting per se. However, as an "expansion" to the Wasted West it presented a problem in that if I put my campaign there, my PC group would likely be stuck there - they couldn't move on fairly easily to, say, fight battles against the machines in Denver, or mutants in Lost Vegas or whatever.

2) By comparison, the Weird and Wasted West gave me a lot in the way of "hooks" to develop my own adventures. There was a lot of appeal for me in the idea that I could start with some real-world location, historical event, tall tale, urban legend, etc., and turn it into an adventure hook. It started in the Real World, but gave me an excuse to play with it, thanks to the "weird" factor and alternate history. If I wanted to dial back the "weird" factor, I could easily do so simply by ignoring elements of the setting I didn't want to meddle with (e.g., the implications of the different outcome for the Civil War and the division between the USA and CSA). Lost Colony, by contrast, took place on a new planet that I knew little about. Sure, I could fill it in with whatever details I wanted, but I could just as easily do that with some entirely new setting of my own creation.

3) As touched on earlier, Lost Colony took place in "space," and yet I was given the impression (perhaps I just didn't read into it deeply enough) that spaceships were kind of a moot point, since the wormhole gate was out of business, and there wasn't really anywhere to go to from there, since FTL travel wasn't available without gates like that. Near as I could tell, it was a rocky place. I'm not sure beyond that.

I'm having a hard time remembering the artwork. I don't think there's anything that really grabbed my imagination (or my memory, it seems) the way various pieces in Deadlands and Deadlands: Hell on Earth did. Deadlands, of course, had a distinct look: It's a western, but with supernatural stuff and weird gizmos and such! Deadlands: Hell on Earth was a little less cohesive, since some artists seemed to be portraying it as a Mad Max type of wasteland, others gave it more of an anachronistic-wild-west spin, and so on.

I have a hard time remembering what Lost Colony's landscape was like from any of the artwork. I imagine there were rocks; I'm not sure what else. Maybe there were some great panoramas in there that illustrated why this planet was a great and exotic place to visit, but I just can't remember a bit of it unfortunately.

In an attempt to refresh my memory, I did a bit of Googling.

Now, this cover does a nice job of giving me a rough idea of the sorts of characters that might be found here, and it's great art; I wish I could manage that level of action and detail in a piece. However, I have no idea whatsoever about what sort of location they're adventuring in. Some kind of blurry place with browns. At least the guy on our right has a duster and a cool hat, so that helps to communicate that there's still a Western vibe going on here.

Here's another one. Again, nice illustration. And the action is taking place in ... okay, more brown-and-orangey-blurry stuff. I'm guessing that must be what the planet is like?

Actually, Google images isn't helping me much here; my keyword-fu is a bit weak, I guess. It looks like there's another cover that shows a rocky deserted landscape, but it's pretty small and I can't be sure. In any case, it's nothing that jumps out to me as "alien" and compelling. Is this scene on another planet, or could it be taking place in the Wasted West? (We have mutants there, after all.)

I have very little trouble coming up with characters to populate a setting; my players are pretty good at coming up with interesting misfits in just about any setting. What tends to grab me about a game setting is the SETTING. Not just how the characters dress and what cool stuff they have and what character races you can choose from, but what sorts of places you can visit and explore. What makes this a compelling place to visit (or, more accurately, to imagine visiting)?

The Weird and Wild West did that well enough simply by taking semi-familiar locations but then giving them a supernatural or steampunk or post-apocalyptic-near-future twist. For Lost Colony, I'd need to know what there is about the setting that I couldn't just do already pretty easily with what I have in Deadlands Reloaded, or Deadlands Hell on Earth.

If someone says, "It's like Firefly!" then that's pretty cool. Give me a few dusty planets or terraformed moons to visit, some quasi-anachronistic frontier towns with some retro elements for style, heroes in dusters but with futuristic guns, some gratuitous spaceships (beat-up and lived-in-looking) and we're set. It would be nice, though, if the planets didn't all just look like some back lot area that was cheap to film in. This is supposed to be "spaaaaaaace!" I want some interesting ancient-alien-culture ruins, floating rocks, carnivorous plants, glowy crystals, planet-wide-Aurora-Borealis effects, rings or double moons in the sky ... something that tells me at a glance that I'm not in Kansas anymore.

If someone says, "It's like Avatar!" then ... eh, do we get robotic power suits? I've got a bad feeling about the Dances with Smurfs element and the "Down with the Corporate USA!" vibe, but Pandora definitely looked like an interesting and deadly place to visit. (All the creatures have USB ports! Seriously, these critters had to have been bioengineered by some previous alien civilization....)

Anyway, I see a lot of potential in the Lost Colony setting, and it's definitely something I'd take a look at if more happened with it. It really helps that since then stuff has come out like Firefly/Serenity to give me an easy way to pitch it to my players.

I apologize if I'm misremembering and my impressions are baseless. I'm just trying to articulate why I think I might have passed up on it and stuck with the Weird and Wasted West instead in my own games, when Lost Colony was still in the stores.
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan Peacock wrote:
If someone says, "It's like Firefly!" then that's pretty cool. Give me a few dusty planets or terraformed moons to visit, some quasi-anachronistic frontier towns with some retro elements for style, heroes in dusters but with futuristic guns, some gratuitous spaceships (beat-up and lived-in-looking) and we're set. It would be nice, though, if the planets didn't all just look like some back lot area that was cheap to film in. This is supposed to be "spaaaaaaace!" I want some interesting ancient-alien-culture ruins, floating rocks, carnivorous plants, glowy crystals, planet-wide-Aurora-Borealis effects, rings or double moons in the sky ... something that tells me at a glance that I'm not in Kansas anymore.

If someone says, "It's like Avatar!" then ... eh, do we get robotic power suits? I've got a bad feeling about the Dances with Smurfs element and the "Down with the Corporate USA!" vibe, but Pandora definitely looked like an interesting and deadly place to visit. (All the creatures have USB ports! Seriously, these critters had to have been bioengineered by some previous alien civilization....)

Combine those two, add in two competing space-based power groups (UN EXFOR and Hellstromme Industries), and you've got Faraway. The USB ports are replaced with limited natural syking, but Banshee came first.
Demonicuss Krinn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of what I wanted to say has already been said (make LC feel like it's own setting instead of an add-on to HOE, cover more to Banshee than Temptation, get people's asses to Mars or the closest Mars analogue, etc). Think the only thing I can add on would be "Fix the Mute and add more appropriate ABs". Granted, that kinda falls under the "make LC it's own setting" umbrella, but still.

There's the four classic ABs for Deadlands (Huckster, Mad Scientist, Shaman, and Blessed) and the 4 ABs for HoE (Psyker, Doomsayer, Junker, and Templar) and they fit wonderfully for their settings. What does Lost Colony get? The Mute, the option to play Anouks, and "you can also play a Psyker or Cyborg who stayed behind". Right off the bat, half of the AB list are carryovers from HoE. And the poor old Mute got shafted with the "secret Marshall rules". At least with other, similar ABs (I'm thinking the Anti-Templar, Whatley Blood Mage, and the Vampire and Werewolf from RVC2), the players were told up front "Hey, your actions might make you wind up as a NPC, just letting you know". The Mutes didn't have that, and that secret "Gotcha" kinda sours the experience. It's one thing to lose your char due to your own actions, it's another to have the GM take it away because you didn't know what was going down.

Guess that's my two cents.
Seeker of Truth
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall I agree with the points that are presented here. I feel like if Lost Colony Reloaded was constructed as a bit of a reboot, emphasizing conflict between what remains of Hellstromme Industries and the settlers, with more settlements beyond Banshee (space stations, terraformed moons, etc) Ialso am in full agreement with Demonicuss that Lost Colony needs more stuff to give it is own flavor, distinct from the Weird and Wasted West. The idea of what amounts to Deadlands in space is really cool to me. Now jus work that idea like I know you can Cutter!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Templar
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demonicuss Krinn wrote:
Most of what I wanted to say has already been said (make LC feel like it's own setting instead of an add-on to HOE, cover more to Banshee than Temptation, get people's asses to Mars or the closest Mars analogue, etc). Think the only thing I can add on would be "Fix the Mute and add more appropriate ABs". Granted, that kinda falls under the "make LC it's own setting" umbrella, but still.

There's the four classic ABs for Deadlands (Huckster, Mad Scientist, Shaman, and Blessed) and the 4 ABs for HoE (Psyker, Doomsayer, Junker, and Templar) and they fit wonderfully for their settings. What does Lost Colony get? The Mute, the option to play Anouks, and "you can also play a Psyker or Cyborg who stayed behind". Right off the bat, half of the AB list are carryovers from HoE. And the poor old Mute got shafted with the "secret Marshall rules". At least with other, similar ABs (I'm thinking the Anti-Templar, Whatley Blood Mage, and the Vampire and Werewolf from RVC2), the players were told up front "Hey, your actions might make you wind up as a NPC, just letting you know". The Mutes didn't have that, and that secret "Gotcha" kinda sours the experience. It's one thing to lose your char due to your own actions, it's another to have the GM take it away because you didn't know what was going down.

Guess that's my two cents.

And on the note of the mutes, one of the guys in my group had looked it over and stated his annoyance at it was that you could only really make already existing stuff, IE you can make and fix normal tech really easily. While that might be sort of neat for some people it does feel like a big step back from the junker and the mad scientist.

I was thinking about it and I think part of the issue was that while there were some really neat ideas introduced and some cool concepts a lot of the world felt rather...bland. I thought the Anouks were cool, and the stuff with Tannis and how it worked actually even made sense of the idea that relatively primitive people were able to deal with guys in powered armor and heavy weaponry, to be honest I thought the Anouks and the tannis stuff were quite cool. I also enjoyed the idea of the Guardian, a kind of alternate harrowed that was imparted with good energy and that you had to be 'worthy' to come back which I also thought was interesting.

While those things were pretty damn cool most of the other stuff introduced felt kind of bland. The socialist rebels and good old Overkill Warfield weren't terrible as antagonists exactly but they don't stir the same kind of interest that Throckmorton or even Silas Rasmussen. When I read through the companion some of the stuff on the skinnies was kind of compelling but there wasn't really space to explore it more.

Were I the one making decisions I'd probably make an effort to create some organized supernatural threats as well as stuff like the reapers, or at least make threats that tap into some of the tropes of space operas. Maybe play with a few other elements too, have a giant banshee stone uncovered or discovered that a small group of psykers take control of perhaps to carve out their own little fiefdom on the planet.

Also, my problem looking at it was that you had much of the same tech as was available in wasted west, only it was somewhat more plentiful and better maintained. Monsters were fewer and the world was generally in better shape. Sure, the Reckoners had just showed up but as Unity pointed out they were weaker here.

And I should also say this, the Unity module seriously made me angry. In my admittedly biased opinion it was probably the worst release for Deadlands I had ever seen or read. I don't want to get into all of it but the module probably didn't help my impressions of Lost Colony any. If it's going to be rebooted there needs to be more done to make us want to know what's going on and feel for this world. The stuff mentioned in the Psyker and Cyborg books gave us some idea of the war, which made me think of Vietnam but there was very little about what the place was like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: