Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Battlefield Press] Kaiser's Gate
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BPIJonathan
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: [Battlefield Press] Kaiser's Gate Reply with quote

This alternate history, genre-blending setting for the Savage Worlds game system presents a fantastic take on World War One - combining the gritty battlefields of the Great War with elements of magical fantasy and horror.

* Sorcerers of the German Imperial Army - fueled by the magic of red dragons - bulldoze Allied defenses and push deep into France.
* Heroic griffin riders of the French Air Service fight to free their nation from the daily terror of zeppelin bombing raids
* British golem squads fight alongside tanks to turn the tide of battle against the Central Powers
* In the darkest days of the war, in desperation, the Kaiser makes a Faustian bargain that unleashes an invasion of legions of creatures from Faerie onto the European continent.

Coming soon from Battlefield Press. Featuring the work of Bryan Hitchcock, Mike Lafferty and Jonathan M. Thompson.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ogbendog
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Arrowsmith by Kurt Busiek
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What will the red baron ride?
BPIJonathan
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ogbendog wrote:

Never heard of it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BPIJonathan
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VonDan wrote:

A beagle Razz
ogbendog
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, maybe great minds think alike.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrowsmith_(comics)

EDIT: for some reason the autoformat is chopping the last half of the URL off, so you'll have to copy and paste. when I used the URL tags, my post would be blank

Last edited by ogbendog on Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BPIJonathan wrote:
VonDan wrote:

A beagle Razz

A fire breathing flying beagle?

Hmm in my Serpant Empire setting the smithonian has a zeppelin called the Beagle 2
Enpeze
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: [Battlefield Press] Kaiser's Gate Reply with quote

BPIJonathan wrote:
This alternate history, genre-blending setting for the Savage Worlds game system presents a fantastic take on World War One - combining the gritty battlefields of the Great War with elements of magical fantasy and horror.

* Sorcerers of the German Imperial Army - fueled by the magic of red dragons - bulldoze Allied defenses and push deep into France.
* Heroic griffin riders of the French Air Service fight to free their nation from the daily terror of zeppelin bombing raids
* British golem squads fight alongside tanks to turn the tide of battle against the Central Powers
* In the darkest days of the war, in desperation, the Kaiser makes a Faustian bargain that unleashes an invasion of legions of creatures from Faerie onto the European continent.

Coming soon from Battlefield Press. Featuring the work of Bryan Hitchcock, Mike Lafferty and Jonathan M. Thompson.

"Soon" coming out? Like Terran Trade Authority? Smile
BPIJonathan
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: [Battlefield Press] Kaiser's Gate Reply with quote

Enpeze wrote:

No, will come out in advance of TTA. As TTA was caught up in the great hard drive crash of 2010. We lost quite a few current, TBR and already released manuscripts.
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: [Battlefield Press] Kaiser's Gate Reply with quote

BPIJonathan wrote:
Enpeze wrote:

No, will come out in advance of TTA. As TTA was caught up in the great hard drive crash of 2010. We lost quite a few current, TBR and already released manuscripts.

Yeah Just like my TSA RPG Notebook was "Lost" when I got divorsed and left a box of stuff at her house. Lost means it is on your desk
BPIJonathan
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: [Battlefield Press] Kaiser's Gate Reply with quote

VonDan wrote:
Lost means it is on your desk

No, in this case "lost" means that we are rebuilding it from the ground up with the relevant source material.
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: [Battlefield Press] Kaiser's Gate Reply with quote

BPIJonathan wrote:
VonDan wrote:

No, in this case "lost" means that we are rebuilding it from the ground up with the relevant source material.

Starting with the TSA Travler/Star Froniters note book my x sold you
BPIJonathan
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: [Battlefield Press] Kaiser's Gate Reply with quote

VonDan wrote:
BPIJonathan wrote:
VonDan wrote:

Starting with the TSA Travler/Star Froniters note book my x sold you

When we found out it was yours we decided to go a different route Smile
Enpeze
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: [Battlefield Press] Kaiser's Gate Reply with quote

BPIJonathan wrote:
Enpeze wrote:

Oh. I am sorry because of this. I didnt know it. I thought you are just lazy Smile
No seriously, dont you backup your company files? (I have a triple backup for every file in my company, so I cannot loose any data anymore)
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: [Battlefield Press] Kaiser's Gate Reply with quote

Enpeze wrote:
(I have a triple backup for every file in my company, so I cannot loose any data anymore)

And then someone bombs your storage facility. Fire and water, with the odd electrical short, make a mockery of such statements.
ogbendog
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are numerous online backups companies with reasonable rates. Some have free accounts that let you backup a small amount, like 2 GB.

I won't name names, because I work for one such company. I know that our product can be set to back up all changed files more than once per day.
siefertma
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VonDan wrote:

I've got the True20 version of this and the Germans ride...

Wait! Who are you? Put down that gun! HEEEEEELP!

Visit No School Like The Old School: http://noschoololdschoolgames.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
siefertma
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: [Battlefield Press] Kaiser's Gate Reply with quote

Enpeze wrote:

The True 20 version of this is already out, so I think that it shouldn't be too hard to get this one out.

Visit No School Like The Old School: http://noschoololdschoolgames.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BryanH
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: [Battlefield Press] Kaiser's Gate Reply with quote

siefertma wrote:
Enpeze wrote:

The True 20 version of this is already out, so I think that it shouldn't be too hard to get this one out.

It's not as easy as it sounds. Really.
Embarassed

ogbendog wrote:

The gent who created the setting notes: "...[T]he graphic novel Arrowsmith (by Kurt Busiek and Carlos Pacheco) and the movie Flyboys were the primary inspirations for Kaiser’s Gate. If you enjoy this setting, chances are you’d probably like those too."
#1xyxthumbs

VonDan wrote:

He rides a blood red wyvern o' war, baby!
#gunbattle

Last edited by BryanH on Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wolfson
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buck up, Bryan... Laughing
Like us on Facebook!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: