Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Superhero Showdown

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Showdown
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Holliday
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Superhero Showdown Reply with quote

Let's say that I wanted to create a Superhero Showdown ruleset using the Showdown rules and the Supers Companion. Creating the superheroes would be pretty easy, but determining the point costs for the various superpowers...not so much. My best guess is to estimate what each power is worth in the Supers Companion and then add the total point cost to the Superhero's basic cost minus his powers created when using the Troop Builder. I think this will have large margin of error. Any other suggestions?

Last edited by Doc Holliday on Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Boldfist
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We tried something similar a couple years ago and used the point costs from the Showdown rules for vehicle weapons and armor. But it didn't work very well with powers other than offensive (Attack, Ranged/Melee) and defensive (Armor/Toughness).

If you come up with something post it here?
John Goff
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not really looked into using superpowers in it yet. I briefly toyed with a superpower scenario, but just used the AB powers straight up. I haven't even so much as looked at the Super Powers Companion in a Showdown light.

I've got a feeling you're going to find exactly what Norm did with relation to non-offensive/defensive powers though, since the expanded superhero rules kind of break out of the basic SW framework. I'd be interested in hearing how it turns out!
mr_smigs
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done a couple of Supers skirmish builds,

so far, I've found the best way is to build the super as a normal character,

then price them based on equivalent powers...

so, for example, a Speedster would have an appropriate PACE to cause their point value to raise...

same with super strength, armor, and most of the basics...

any damaging attacks, i priced as weapons themselves,

armors, invulnerability, and the like the had rules already...

"JESUS SAVES! The rest of you take full damage."

They call me Hadoken 'cause I'm down-right fierce.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Showdown All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: