Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some sticks&stones card game rules questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Other Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psy-Kosh
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Some sticks&stones card game rules questions Reply with quote

Okay, I played the game yesterday a few times, is fun, but there're a few things that we kind of had to guess and fudge at with the rules...

First, I get what it means for gear to be attached, but what, exactly, does it mean for a beast to be attached?

Does a beast count as a separate character or effectively as gear that adds to the beastmaster or such that its attached to? (ie, for individual challenges, are the beast and beastmaster tested separately, or as a single unit, for example)

Insert similar question for groupies and companions.

Also, what was that bit about being able to equip/unequip gear? It was listed as one of the things that can be done at any time, but wasn't really elaborated on.
Psy-Kosh
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump
Gunslinger
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Some sticks&stones card game rules questions Reply with quote

Psy-Kosh wrote:
Okay, I played the game yesterday a few times, is fun, but there're a few things that we kind of had to guess and fudge at with the rules....

Sorry for delay - Lug just got back to cave from long journey. See answers below.

Psy-Kosh wrote:
First, I get what it means for gear to be attached, but what, exactly, does it mean for a beast to be attached?

Does a beast count as a separate character or effectively as gear that adds to the beastmaster or such that its attached to? (ie, for individual challenges, are the beast and beastmaster tested separately, or as a single unit, for example)

This should have been clearer in the rules. Beasts are essentially gear that can only be attached to Beastmasters; they can never be in play alone/as separate characters. If you start the game with a Beast, it counts as one of your 3 starting characters, but must be attached to a Beastmaster from the start (so you need to start with a Beastmaster as well if you want to start with a Beast). If you want to recruit a Beast once the game begins, you have to have a Beastmaster in play to do so, and the Beast must attach to the Beastmaster. (The only exception is the Clan of Darkness' Dragonasaurus; you must have both a Beastmaster and a Shaman in play to summon it, and it can attach to either.) Once in play, the Beast's stats add to the Beastmaster's. If the Beastmaster is temporarily or permanently taken out of play, the Beast is as well. Special Abilities cannot target a Beast in play; they must target its Beastmaster. So, for almost all purposes, a Beast is effectively Gear. In Challenges, the Beast is treated as part of the Beastmaster, and its stats add to the Beastmaster's stats to determine the outcome. If the Beastmaster is eliminated, so are any attached Beasts.

Psy-Kosh wrote:
Insert similar question for groupies and companions.

Groupies are Companions are treated exactly the same as Gear (but note that you can "sacrifice" a Groupie and some Companions instead of a character if a situation calls for the character to be eliminated; this is noted on the Groupie/Companion card if they have this ability).

Psy-Kosh wrote:
Also, what was that bit about being able to equip/unequip gear? It was listed as one of the things that can be done at any time, but wasn't really elaborated on.

This was included because a character can carry more gear than it can be equipped with. Many gear items take 1 or 2 hands (noted by the hand symbols on the Gear cards). Characters may only have "2 hands worth" of gear equipped at any time (i.e., 2 1-handed gear items or 1 2-handed gear item). They can carry more gear if it is attached to them, but these Gear cards should be turned upside down to show they are not currently equipped. When the rules say gear can be equipped/unequipped, it means at those times you can swap your unequipped gear with your equipped gear. For example, a character may decide to swap a 2-handed spear it is currently carrying for a 1-handed weapon and a 1-handed relic.

These were excellent questions! I hope I have answered them clearly. Let me know if more clarification would help, or if any other questions come up. And thanks for playing the game!

Rob "Lug" Lusk
Psy-Kosh
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the explanations. Off the top of my head, the only thing I have left to ask is if beasts can be sacrificed in the same way as groupies.
Gunslinger
Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psy-Kosh wrote:
Thanks for the explanations. Off the top of my head, the only thing I have left to ask is if beasts can be sacrificed in the same way as groupies.

Another good question. No, beasts can't be sacrificed like groupies can. Groupies and others who can sacrifice themselves for a character (like Cave Nerds from the Cave Nerd Rescue! Event Card) have this noted specifically on their cards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Other Releases All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: