Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Train Rules for PCs from GRW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> The Great Rail Wars!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greyseerco
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Train Rules for PCs from GRW Reply with quote

Greetings all GRW-forumites,
It has been suggested I seek advice here. I am in the process of putting together a "great train robbery" kind of scenario for SWEx but cannot find any existing comprehensive rules for handling player movement (jumping from car to car, and unstable platform) and other special things that I may not consider (one I did consider is if you threw a grenade into a train car and it missed what is the percentage chance of it going out the window vs. bouncing around in the car).
Is there a good GRW product that is probably on PDF somewhere that encapsulates some good SWEx rules for handling PC level train combat and other fun events.
Thanks in advance for replies,
Greyseerco
John Goff
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to say not to my knowledge. It sounds like you've answered much of your question already though.

I'd handle most of those with Agility tests modified for the 'unstable platform' as you noted. For Shooting or similar ranged attacks, I'd say a -2 for targets outside the train (if moving obviously) and maybe a -1 at targets inside to account for the random jostling of the car's moving along the rails. I wouldn't modifiers for the movement to other rolls unless I was feeling particularly nasty or the train was moving unusually fast.

The guys on the main SW board or DL/RL board can probably provide some good suggestions.
reemull
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it must be in Derailed. I have the following details from an old faq

Movement: Jumping and Boarding rigs
Q) Page 14: (paraphrased) To board a rig while it's moving requires a Jump
(strength roll based on the pace of the vehicle) roll on behalf of the boarder.
When opposed by the crew "The procedure is similar to Jump! with a few notable
exceptions. If there are passengers or crewmen in the way, they can oppose the
jumper. They all make Fightin' rolls, and the jumper subtracts for each opponent
after the first, as usual."
Does it take first a Jump! roll then a Fightin' roll, or is it a straight
Fightin' roll with no jump? I would say first Jump! then fight, but that's not
explicitly stated. - Darious
A) I'll plead guilty on this one as well. Basically, if you're unopposed, use
Strength. If you're opposed, use Fightin'. Don't want to sound like I'm
rationalizing, but when you let troops do as much as we do (we try to allow you
to *try* anything), it brings up a lot of strange situations. You don't get that
in most games (the strength), but it occasionally causes a little confusion (the
weakness--and I personally could have made that more clear).- [Shane Hensley, DL
listserv, 6/10/98]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> The Great Rail Wars! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: