Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cyborg Spirit (HoE Classic)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solostarian
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Cyborg Spirit (HoE Classic) Reply with quote

So I have been running a HoE game now for the last few weeks and I have two cyborgs in the group. I am having an issue with the spirit loss in regards to Fear rolls. Heavy cans are completely useless when dealing with anything with a fear rating. Honestly when your spirit is reduced to d4's for example and you were programed to fight supernatural baddies your going to be failing fear rolls constantly and that just seems stupid. Is there any material that addresses this? I just made a house rule that in short allows the player to use their original spirit die type for making guts checks (e.g. I started with d10's before cyberware was added so I use that die type for making guts checks). Though they still have to use the reduced die for everything else.
Fuzyfeet
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a player make a cyborg and he realized before hand that guts rolls where going to be a problem. He took Nerves o Steel and Brave so he had a +2 to guts rolls and would never run.

Just my $0.02

My Deadlands sites
The Lynchburg Journal
The Junkyard Intranet
The Temptation Reportl
Evangelos
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I agree with you that this is a problem and I think that your solution is a fair one. One would think that taking steps towards becoming a soulless automaton (not to mention all the weapons you're probably toting) would have no negative affect on your Guts.

I like Deadlands Classic a lot, but it does have weird little problems like this. Fortunately, most are fairly easy to fix with a little common sense.
L3ster
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agreee that guts check is pain for cyporg but. spirit loss would not affect guts but for counting coup. or resisting syker povers i would use reduced spirit.
Evangelos
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

L3ster wrote:
i agreee that guts check is pain for cyporg but. spirit loss would not affect guts but for counting coup. or resisting syker povers i would use reduced spirit.

Absolutely. The spirit loss makes sense for just about everything else except for Guts checks.
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I would just assume that the can is being worn down. Sort of like a shell shocked soldier who just can't do it anymore, the can's horrific experiences have started getting to him and are eroding his willpower. After 13 some years of fighting monsters, he just can't do it anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: