Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deadlands Players Handbook

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Otto
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject: Deadlands Players Handbook Reply with quote

Hey, Shane!

I'll be the first to agree that $4.95 is more than fair for the Players Handbook - it's a steal in fact! But that being said, I'm still not going to pay it for the same reason I didn't download the freebie - I prefer a book to an electronic file.

Is there any chance of you negotiating Print on Demand availability? I know I'd happily slap down the full price for a print version, because I'm kicking myself for not picking one up back when they were flowing through my local game store like sweet, sweet wine.
PEGShane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. Sorry.

Shane
Grym
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't fret too much, I have an unfortunate habit of finding really cool game systems a year or two after they go out of print. I haven't had too much problem finding things on eBay for reasonable prices. Plus, there are two types of game stores, the neat and tidy where everything on the shelf is mostly new, and the cluttered, comfy, cave style that has a wide range of stuff, and has game systems that have been out of print for five years or more. Keep your eyes open and you'll find it. A bunch of online stores still carry it as well.

Good hunting!
Balance
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My local game store has a copy... If you really want one, I can pick it up and ship it to you...
Doc Otto
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done a little looking around, and I think I can find one myself online. I appreciate the offer, though. I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to pick up all the Deadlands books, even though my friends probably won't play ever again. (We had an eighteen month campaign that ended in Devil's Tower, and they say it could never recapture the original posse.) Especially since if the Handbook never sees print again, the system really does look like a dying breed.
Durak
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is probably more appropriate to put here as a question than anywhere else...

I have the orig Deadlands (all in one book) now does the Marshall Law give me what I needed to bring it up to speed or did I really need to re buy it when it split into two books?
Be evil.
Mort
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 1st edition books - there's not a lot of changes other than speed (for weapons), an aditional adventure, & of course the splitting into marshal & player handbooks.

The book you're looking for is Deadlands:"the quick & the dead". It's the original other half to Deadlands 1st edition
Lemming
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a related note, is there anything posted anywhere that goes over the changes between the 1st and 2nd editions? I am trying to figure out which version I am going to run, right now it looks like a mix of the two. Combat from 1st edition and Huxsters from 2nd edition... Any other notable changes, and if so how did it change?
Doc Otto
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot about the Quick and the Dead. Was all the good stuff in that book incorporated into the Players + Marshals Handbooks when they split, or is it still exclusive information?
Helmut Moute
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lemming wrote:
On a related note, is there anything posted anywhere that goes over the changes between the 1st and 2nd editions? I am trying to figure out which version I am going to run, right now it looks like a mix of the two. Combat from 1st edition and Huxsters from 2nd edition... Any other notable changes, and if so how did it change?

You can find all the changes on this page :
http://www.sonic.net/~dkjedi/deadlands/wwrules.htm

(look multiple times for "revised" in the text).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: