Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Noob Junker questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sigma34561
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Noob Junker questions Reply with quote

Hi! I made a junker for my first ever game of HoE Classic.

I had a few questions, and I cant seem to find a compiled FAQ.

My first question was about the AMMO power and instability. Our marshal wasnt sure so we roll reliablity for each magazine of AMMO.

Also, I was working on making some grenades for the group and it seemed really cheap. Maybe I'm doing it wrong:

5d10 burst 360%, 5 yards, thrown
Stars at size 2 per grenade for 5d10, then up to 2.8 for the blast size, then down to 1.4 for no proppellant.

So with 5 Chemicals and 5 Structural components, i could make 35 grenades at TN 9. Taking 1d6 hours and drawing 4 cards.

Did I get that right?
Janibala
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Since ammo is created in batches, it also makes instability checks in batches. Just roll for the batch the first time a bullet from it is fired each day. If it becomes unstable, the effect applies to the entire batch." ~ John Hopler, HoE listserv, 6/2/99

Source: http://weirdwest.pbworks.com/wastedwest

I do not know about the grenades, but I think the amount of grenades is way too high (Though, I've heard the Ammo power is quite broken, not really sure).

If I were the marshall, I might allow maximum batches of 5 to 10, because grenades should be a bit harder to make.
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ammo sizes for explosive ammo were errataed, IIRC, in Iron Oasis. The change increases the size significantly by applying a multiplier base don the number of dice worth of damage.

So no, you can't create 35 grenades with a handful of components anymore.
Sigma34561
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: