Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Savage Fringeworthy!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poor Wandering One
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Savage Fringeworthy! Reply with quote

Tri-Tac games <www.tritacgames.com> has a new edition of Fringeworthy with a familiar logo on the cover!

The site even inplies that it will be available this month. I am so happy about this. Fringeworthy was the first RPG I ever ran. I've missed it.

The site also mentions Savage Stalking the Night Fantastic and Savage Incursion as being in the pipe. It'a a Tri-Tac trifecta!

With these and the Savage Space 1889 that is coming out my gaming history is almost entirely savaged. Just need to savage Timemaster from pacesetter, Psi World and Flashing Blades from FGU and somehow wrest TMNT After the Bomb from palladium and that's me done.

Eagerly awaiting a walk on the fringe
~Will
Zero Mostel
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fringeworthy is one of those games that can be converted easily into any other system.

All you need to know is the meta mechanics and Boom! you have the backgorund, just create characters and start running.

#gunbattle
Poor Wandering One
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly.
That's why it's a good fit for Savage Worlds.
What I'm hoping is that by Savaging the setting Tri-Tac gets a bit of cash and some publicity which allows Tri-Tac to focus on new material.

That's my hope anyway.
siefertma
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FTL: 2448 Would also be good title to be Savaged.

Visit No School Like The Old School: http://noschoololdschoolgames.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nuadha
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tri-Tac is local here in Michigan and was actually at the con this weekend where I and several other Savages were running SW games. I wish I had known about this. I would have stopped by and chatted with them. From what I have seen, they are nice guys, but I have never had an interest in their system. Fringeworthy, however, is a setting that always interested me.

The Masters' Council, a forum for gamemasters
Dont Die
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhere in the gaming closet of doom, I have Fringeworthy, FTL 2448 and B-13. Somewhere on the bookshelf I have one of the old B-13 novels. I always liked Tri-Tac's settings but the original system left me a little cold.
These settings (especially Fringeworthy and B-13) are prefect for Savaging. Wish they'd pop over here give us some sort of official tidbits.
siefertma
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess what I'm looking for is a good griity, "hardish" sci-fi setting for SW, like FTL: 2448, or 2300 AD. Think more like Aliens than Star Trek/Star Wars.

Visit No School Like The Old School: http://noschoololdschoolgames.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
:BL!X:
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Savage Fringeworthy Reply with quote

Fringeworthy for Savage Worlds is a go. The designers are working on it right now. Bruce Sheffer, John Reiher, and I produce the Fringeworthy PodCast; the official TriTac Games, weekly podcast about all things Fringeworthy. We give up to date news on all the goings on, talk on a particular subject, and answer emails. We are on episode 7 and we release a new episode every Monday morning. Rumor has it that as a holiday treat, a special episode will be dropping very soon but you have to be subscribed to get it the day it comes out.

There is no official release date as of yet but it is in "full steam" production and I was told that it's not that far off. I will keep ya' posted but if you really want to know what's going on, check out the podcast...

I can't post links yet, I will post one on my next login. Till then just google "tritacsystems podbean" and you will find the podcast. Oh and of course, it's at iTunes.
Zero Mostel
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fringeworthy can be one heck of a game, given the right GM.

I am amazed that it went to a D20 system, so if it does go savage I'll get a copy of it then too.

Long and short. I'd love to see it again. it poses neat challenges to overcome, exploration and even a chance to bash some classic villians.

#gunbattle
Poor Wandering One
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Savage Fringeworthy Reply with quote

:BL!X: wrote:
Fringeworthy for Savage Worlds is a go. The I can't post links yet, I will post one on my next login..

I just pray it will be in book rather than PDF only form.
~will
Zero Mostel
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: Savage Fringeworthy Reply with quote

Poor Wandering One wrote:
Fringeworthy for Savage Worlds is a go. The I can't post links yet, I will post one on my next login..

I just pray it will be in book rather than PDF only form.
~will

If I had my druthers I'd prefer both. lets me choose.

#gunbattle
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Book & PDF Reply with quote

I don't know the format as of yet but I am personally pushing for both. I don't really have a whole lot of say in the matter but I do have Rich's ear and it's my understanding that he really wants to do a print version. I also have an independant publisher that I work with and if I can get those two together we may just make that happen (hope hope). If it goes that way it will most likely be an online order situation but it will be an actual physical book.

As for PDF, I think that's pretty much a given but again I cannot speak for Rich and I don't know what his plans are.

Don't forget about the Fringeworthy PodCast...
http://tritacsystems.podbean.com/
and look for it on iTunes.
Poor Wandering One
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Book & PDF Reply with quote

I don't know the format as of yet but I am personally pushing for both. I don't really have a whole lot of say in the matter but I do have Rich's ear and it's my understanding that he really wants to do a print version. I also have an independant publisher that I work with and if I can get those two together we may just make that happen (hope hope). If it goes that way it will most likely be an online order situation but it will be an actual physical book.

As for PDF, I think that's pretty much a given but again I cannot speak for Rich and I don't know what his plans are.

Don't forget about the Fringeworthy PodCast...
http://tritacsystems.podbean.com/
and look for it on iTunes.

Sweet! Both book and PDF would be lovely but count me as an automatic sale for the physical book. One of my hopes is that if the Savage version takes off there might be a chance for some of the currently cd only stuff to see print. I would happily shell out hard cash for the portal books. Not to mention the Stalking material.

Best of luck and I love the podcast.
~Will
Poor Wandering One
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit of necromancy to see if there is any news on the Savage Tri-Tac front.

Living in hope
~will
Snate56
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just listened to their latest podcast, and though it was only mentioned once or twice, it still appears to be in the chute.
No ETA. I imagine they're not close to an ETA yet, either.

SteveN
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we're still working it. We've all been busy with our "other" life but we're getting close. Couple more plot points, some alien development, and some nips and tucks and we should be there. Oh, and I have some art to put together.

Then Rich has to put his final touches on it and we send it in for approval. Still a little ways off but it is moving and it won't be too much longer.

You can come sample it a TotalCon if you're in the area.

Marshal Max
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any teasers or previews? Still in pipeline?
BruceSheffer
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero Mostel wrote:
Fringeworthy can be one heck of a game, given the right GM.

I am amazed that it went to a D20 system, so if it does go savage I'll get a copy of it then too.

Long and short. I'd love to see it again. it poses neat challenges to overcome, exploration and even a chance to bash some classic villians.

The choice was the D20 Modern system because of its treatment of modern combat plus the ubiquity of the d20 system at that time. However, very little of the rulebook is system specific. Also we added a lot of setting info and "secrets" that really flesh out the setting. So buy a copy until the savage worlds edition is published.
sablemage
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news on Savage Fringeworthy please?
chitownroy
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Tritac has a few Savage games setup for Gencon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: