Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SW Wierd Wars II Adventure hook: The Nuns of Navarone hook

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Other Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheinzmann
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: SW Wierd Wars II Adventure hook: The Nuns of Navarone hook Reply with quote

I just picked up the WWII book for SW and immediately thought of some 1 page or adventures I would love to write. Not having done that however not sure where to start. Here is what I have so far.

The Nuns of Navarone: Nazi's have three/four nuns (virgins) needed to run an arcane device deep in Navarone. This device is guarding a protected bay where Nazi Sub pens and the Med Fleet hide.

Real world: If you look up Navarone Hotel Petrochori in google earth and zoom in you will see there is a Star Fort on the East side of the entrance to the bay and also a island on the west side. I grabbed some screen shots and saved as black and white. These make a great setting.

I would like some help or guidance on how to write this stuff up, or if someone else would like to run with it, just send me a copy.
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What didn't I think of that title? I all ready have JEDI CHICKS: The Guns of Naboo. Damn Iím getting old

The ceremony has to take place at the center of the Star Fort

The island is ware they do genetic test with material brought from "the ambassador"

The woman in charge of abusing the nuns is a Carpathian noble woman Countess Bathany in tight black leather. She has the psychic AB and one power at 30 points that will drain power from the living. TN 4 to cause fatigue, one raise to wound, 2 raises to drain a random trait by one die type. Her arm band has a eight armed swastika and the arms look like tentacles

The team is joined by Commando Nuns from the Vaticanís Sisters of Steel

In the sub pen is a Jules Vernish sub belonging to the ambassador from the evil Atlantien faction

In a seas cave under the island are 4 half mad human/Atlantien hybrid frogmen with trident guns

At the bottom of the Lift shaft is David Nivins rubber rat

EDIT:

All the nuns need to be Greek Orthidox what ever they look like

Time to Google

And I suddenly want a Gyro
cheinzmann
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Nuns of Navarone Reply with quote

on google earth there is another strange facility due south of the star fort
that is even more intriguing. Remember when we had to draw this stuff by hand?
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VonDan wrote:
What didn't I think of that title? I all ready have JEDI CHICKS: The Guns of Naboo. Damn Iím getting old

Probably because when most people think of nuns, the first thing that comes to mind is a dour old woman who'll make your knuckles bleed if you don't pay attention in class. However, there is this.
Bewildered Badger
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrior_Nun_Areala
Snate56
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez VonDan, you got enough fer four one-sheets there! Laughing

So, what ever became of this?

By the way...

SteveN
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did any one ever do anything with that

I should write it up as another half assed script treatment
Rohan
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has win written all over it.

Become a fan on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Silvergryphongames

Current WIP: Wellstone City Chronicles, Puppets, and One-liners
Snate56
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know where they're talking about on Google Earth? I can't find this star fort.

And other than having the name Navarone Hotel, the land bears no relationship to the proper area.

SteveN
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did any one run this or use the ideas

I'm thinking since there is a bad Atlantean faction there should be a good one

Born in the underwater city of Atlantis twenty years ago Nemaís grandfather was the captain of an early human undersea vessel that was presumed lost with all hands. He was most fortunate to be found and rescued by an Atlantean princess on a research cruse who impressed by his intellect eventually chose him as her mate against all her familyís wishes. Both her grandfatherís human blood and her grandmotherís openness to new ideas have given her a great curiosity about the surface world and itís inhabitants.

Unlike Nema the majority of the Atlantean citizens wish to remain hidden from the surface world and neutral in the coming war. Recent encounters with the growing naval forces of both sides have raised awareness of the fact Atlantis cannot stay hidden forever. It is an open secret that some malicious elements of the kingdom have taken sides and united with the axis powers and now send them technological aid.

For Nema she knows there must be another way. Now a commander by her own hand she has secretly overseen the rebuilding of her grand fathers wrecked sub marine combining Victorian elegance and Atlantean power. With a crew of other like-minded young Atlanteans she will go forth and use her reborn vessel now called ďThe Naughty LassĒ to aid humanity and oppose the evil Atlantean factions plan to use the axis powers to conquer the surface world.

Stats for a Atalantaen naval offcier

Stats for a submarine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Other Releases All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: