Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CHARGE/TACKLE QUESTION, ROUND II

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NOESKANE
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: CHARGE/TACKLE QUESTION, ROUND II Reply with quote

Hello:

I was thinking on the lines of running & then catching the target & tackling him/her to the ground, immobilised & hurt. How would you go about doing this, ruleswise?

Thanks!
NEK
77IM
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, by the RAW, I think move-then-Grapple is the closest you will get. There's really no specific rules for slamming into people or for knocking them prone. However, if they are shaken by the Grapple you could describe it as knocking them down, just for flavor.

If my player wanted to do this, I would allow them an immediate Grapple check as well, and on a success, the target is knocked prone (which I would say gives them a -2 to all Grapple checks, and they can't get up until they escape the Grapple). I would impose a -2 MAP for making the Fighting check and the Grapple check in the same round, but I'd cancel that with a +2 bonus for hurling yourself at a fleeing target (who presumably has their back turned towards you). But that is just my house rule interpretation.

-- 77IM
Lord Lance
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use Charge + Grapple. If you do it with a Raise, then you can choose "knokdown & -2 to his 1st chance of free himself" in place of "shaken".

If you get the grapple but no Raise, then you did the move, but the enemy still stood up!
Seeker of Truth
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just do it as an Agility Trick. If you get a Raise, in addition to Shaking him, you both fall prone. If you want to initiate a grapple, you can do that as well, with a MAP. But if all you want to do is bear him to the ground and make him an easier target, I'd go with a Trick. Easier, less MAP, and more fun for everyone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: CHARGE/TACKLE QUESTION, ROUND II Reply with quote

NOESKANE wrote:
I was thinking on the lines of running & then catching the target & tackling him/her to the ground, immobilised & hurt. How would you go about doing this, ruleswise?

Sounds basically like a multiple action of Running with a Grapple (perhaps combined with a Wild Attack), and then going Prone (so you and the grappled target both end up prone).

The only "hurt" is to perhaps cause a Shaken as per the initial grapple, though perhaps if the target was already Shaken, the GM might rule that such a use might cause a wound (atypical for a "normal" grapple, but with the combination of running and ending by dropping prone, I'd probably allow it).

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: