Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Friends in the game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Facebook Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savage Simon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Friends in the game Reply with quote

Some hints about friends as allies:

In the Allies screen, you may notice that not all your Facebook friends are visible, even if you know they are playing Rippers. The game filters out any Facebook friends who cannot help you, so you only see those who can provide a bonus.

In the Gear screen, there is a box marked "For Friends". If you place an item in that box, you will show up in the "Friends" pool of the Allies page of all your Facebook friends. Friends who then add you to their team will benefit from the bonuses conferred by the item you shared.

So if your friends aren't showing up, get them to share an item in their Gear screen. If you need help with an Intellect test, get them to switch out their weapons for equipment that boosts Intellect, or rearrange your team to include other friends with different shared gear.

Simon
ragboy
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon,

How does one gain prestige other than buying stuff in the real world...
- Rocketship Empires 1936
- Modern Crime campaign notes
- Battlestar Galactica
- Lots o' mooks and villians.
Tavis
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a question I think a lot of us would like to know the answer to.

SWD: 50 Fathoms (GM)
Savage Simon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than through the purchases in the Lodge screen, there is a chance to gain Prestige each time you score a Critical Hit.

So you'll find that your Prestige increases fairly slowly just by playing the game.

We're working on implementing an achievement system into the game too, and in addition to swanky icons that show off your Ripping prowess, some achievements will also reward you with Prestige.

Other than that, real money transactions are the way. The provider we have integrated into the game offers numerous methods of acquiring Prestige, some of which require no purchase at all.

I know that most people are rightly cautious about sharing their information through many of the offers listed. I think that's very sensible, and I would certainly advise exercising caution.

Thanks

Simon
EvilJorge
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I have only gotten heart increases from criticals. Prestige
must be (understandably!) rare.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotten a Prestige increase from making a Critical Hit twice so far; unfortunately, I haven't been keeping notes, so I couldn't put forth a guess as to what the odds are.
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Prestige from crits on attacks? Reply with quote

Am I correct in guessing that when you get a critical success makes a difference?

If you get a CS on a courage check, you get heart. If you get a CS on an attack, you get prestige?

Is that more accurate?
wanderingmystic
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what i have noticed you gain prestige from critical strikes while Hunting and hearts from critical strikes while adventuring
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether Hunting or Adventuring, if I get a Critical Hit while fighting, sometimes I get no special result at all (aside from, I assume, dealing extra damage?). Sometimes, I will get 1 or 2 points of Heart back. In rare instances, I may get a Prestige Point. The fighting mechanism does not appear to me to differ based on whether I'm on a Hunt or Adventuring.

I have never gotten a Prestige point from getting a Critical Hit on any other sort of check.
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i get 2-3 prestige points every day from crits while hunting and i have never gotten +hearts or nothing

while adventuring i have only gotten prestige pints once or twice and 90% of the time get + hearts or nothing
RobitusinZ
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having done plenty of both adventuring and hunting, i can tell you that the Prestige Points simply have a random chance of popping up whenever you score a critical hit. It IS tied to attacks, though...criticals on courage checks don't count (you get hearts then instead). Not all critical attacks will give prestige points, though...it's a random chance...if you don't get a prestige, you get hearts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Facebook Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: