Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

rippers on facebook
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Facebook Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steamdriven
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: rippers on facebook Reply with quote

I'm taking back the night on facebook, who's with me!?

look me up, chris hilton or pm me your name and I'll contact you as it would be good to know a few more savages on facebook
TommyBrownell
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luckily, you were the first Chris Hilton that popped up...well, I'm assuming that was you, since we're both friends with Shane...=)
steamdriven
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep thats me, anyone else?
steamdriven
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and how cool is it playing rippers of facebook with shane? tiz goodtimes Smile
TommyBrownell
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually replaced Shane with you...I preferred the Speed adjustment to the damage bonus. Piotr's awesome, with both a damage bonus AND a Power adjustment.
XcomSquaddie
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm familiar with Rippers (setting book & companion), and I know what Facebook is, although I've never used it.

However, what exactly is a Facebook game and how do you play RPGs on it?
TommyBrownell
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XcomSquaddie wrote:
I'm familiar with Rippers (setting book & companion), and I know what Facebook is, although I've never used it.

However, what exactly is a Facebook game and how do you play RPGs on it?

It's a small computer game, designed for Facebook, emulating the basic feel of Rippers.

You put together a character, go on missions and hunt The Cabal, improving your character and your Lodge as you go.

It's not REALLY an RPG...just a smaller adventure game. Good time killer.
Lord Skudley
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I joined the Rippers team. Great!
shadd4d
Legendary

Location: Charlottesville, VA...I miss Deutschland and Chicago.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

same here; look for me, I guess.

Don

"But there is a difference between fear and horror. An important difference.
Fear is when you worry about what might be.
Horror is when you are certain." Dannyboy01
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this means you actually have to have a Facebook account to play?
Noshrok Grimskull
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it.
I don't have one and the game link tells me to sign in...

"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes 'ding' when there's stuff." - The Doctor (Doctor Who)
FoxBlue
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find me!

Andrew Fox, Pretty common name, but I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in both the University of washington and the Salt Lake City networks.

Drew!

Drew.
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few odd tips (your mileage may vary) based on my play of it so far:

* Be wary of the offers on the Lodge "Manage Prestige" page. Each day, I check in for the "Facebook Application of the Day," which is an easy way to get a couple of Prestige Points (since I can just uninstall the application later), but many of the rest ask you to install toolbars (read: spyware), and I even found one so-called "Free" third-party offer where in the "privacy policy" fine print, signing up for it authorized them to make charges to my phone account for the "services" they would be providing - and another asked for the last four digits of my social security number. BAD IDEA. Best to steer clear of anything that looks shady.

* Upon creating a character, I'd recommend that your first visit be to "Recruit Additional Allies." In fact, each and every time you spend skill points to increase your Social Standing, go pay "Recruit Additional Allies" another visit. What encounters you qualify for, for potential allies, changes depending upon your current Social Standing - and you can promote your Social Standing to such a degree that you won't get a chance for certain "lower" encounters anymore. (I guess you're just no longer moving in the right social circles.) It'll be a good while before you can max out your "ally pool," so be sure to make every new friend you can if you invest in Social Standing.

* When you advance a Rank, you get 10 Skill Points to spend on Traits. Most cost 4 points, one will cost just 3 points, and Social Standing is 1. You just might end up with "leftover" points. You don't have to spend them immediately: You can save them up and spend them the next time you increase Rank, or whenever you please. You aren't going to lose them if you let them sit for a bit, so don't feel like you'll "waste" leftover points if you don't spend them in a way that adds up exactly to 10.

* The "Gypsy Trading Post" selection of items changes every hour, on the hour. Just because one item is more expensive than another, or "rarer" than another DOES NOT mean it's better. I've sometimes seen items side-by-side that have the same level requirement, and the rarer and more expensive item is inferior to the other. Therefore, you may do well to "shop around" by checking back in for another assortment of items, and keeping note of what items prove to be the best deals.

* Be mindful that if you start buying Lodge Upgrades with your Prestige Points, Upkeep Costs could overwhelm you. Many of the entry-level Lodge Upgrades have an Upkeep Cost of 0. However, some have a cost of 1/hour, 2/hour, etc. That means how much cash you have to pay to maintain the Upgrade each (real-time) hour. Unless you have an Ally who is supplying you with per-hour income, it's a bad idea to grab these Upgrades, or you'll be doomed to deplete your meager funds. You can't "un-buy" Lodge Upgrades (as of this writing), so once you pick it, you're stuck with it.

* Also, just because a Lodge Upgrade costs more doesn't mean it's worth more. My personal favorite Upgrades are the various ones that increase Team Size. An Upgrade that gives you a +X bonus to a trait is a short-term gain: as you increase in level, that finite bonus is going to eventually become negligible. However, increased Team Size or increased Equip Size is useful, because you'll make more powerful friends and get more powerful equipment as you progress.

Anyway, that's just my observation so far. I still haven't quite worked out the mechanics of how to best balance trait improvements.

(My personal goal is to try to get the item with the best bonuses that I can possibly get to put in my "shared" slot, in case anyone adds my character as an ally. Wink )
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I completly abore facebook, twitter and all the other personal info mining sites.I've strongly resisting the urge to sign-up; especially since that would require me to lookf for it.

Now, if someone were to, say, post a link, where all I would have to do is sign-up for facebook and it....

[my 30 year high school reunion is in about a week and I didn't sign-up on it's site to 'keep in touch'. I ain't seem them for 30 ears, WTF would I want to see 'em now?]
wanderingmystic
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan Peacock wrote:
Here are a few odd tips (your mileage may vary) based on my play of it so far:

* Be wary of the offers on the Lodge "Manage Prestige" page. Each day, I check in for the "Facebook Application of the Day," which is an easy way to get a couple of Prestige Points (since I can just uninstall the application later), but many of the rest ask you to install toolbars (read: spyware), and I even found one so-called "Free" third-party offer where in the "privacy policy" fine print, signing up for it authorized them to make charges to my phone account for the "services" they would be providing - and another asked for the last four digits of my social security number. BAD IDEA. Best to steer clear of anything that looks shady.

where are you finding the "Facebook Application of the Day" I dont seem to find it
Savage Simon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The app of the day is misleadingly named. It doesn't appear every day, unfortunately, as far as I can judge. These offers are not selected by Pinnacle or Facebook, and I think they are specific to the individual user.

When the app of day offer is there, it is right at the top and, from what I've observed, it is the only offer that features a picture.

It gives 2 Prestige and requires you to take a look at a new app (no points for apps you already tried). Typically it's a new game or something (some of which have been quite good). But it's easy Prestige, and as Jordan says you can remove the apps after you claim your Prestige if you want to.

Hope that helps clarify things a bit

Simon
TatteredKing
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will look you up in a couple. Yes, I am there.
steamdriven
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for those playing rippers, what ripper tech have you found and what do you need to make it?
Jarno
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is ok FB game, but it has few lacks

First there is now point increase your intelect or courage. Even if you lose your hearth points in adventure and you small chance of success it doesnt mater. You can try every missons so far as you success, so just go hunting and when you have just few hearts points try adventures, if lose (int or cour. check) and lost hearth points just try again after two minutes. You can do this million times, and you will countinue were you left off.

You cannot see your stats anywere, how many monsters have you fought, how many adventures you have finisd and so on. It would be really cool if you had picture of monster and how many kills you had in them.

You cannot compare your stats with other players, even they are in your team.

You cannot fight (or train) with other players.

You dont get any prestige points for free(i quess adventuring, i have able get one point and i am level ten), most of FB games you can get similar poins for free (usually very slowly, but still) so basicly those who put real money will grow more powerfull more faster, but also if dont its good adverstainment and more players. And if few expensive and powerfull lodge upgrades which you only coplish with money.
TommyBrownell
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have scored Prestige for free by fighting, Simon has said you also accumulate it VERY slowly by playing, and I get about 2 Prestige a day from adding the App of the Day for about 5 minutes...=P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Facebook Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: