Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(HoE) New Campaign Going...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: (HoE) New Campaign Going... Reply with quote

Wow, long time no see all!

So, I was finally able to convince someone to Marshal a Deadlands game at long last! And I've been dusting off my old books and memories and trying to remember all the house rules we used back in the day to speed things up.

How many other folks still out there in the Radioactive Dustlands?

Or even the Non-Radioactive ones of the Weird West?
Edivdrone
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few, here and there.
Dr Solomon Torsten
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently running a Weird West AND HoE campaign involving time traveling nazis who want to stop Hell on Earth from happening in order to bring about a world in which the Axis wins World War II. They aren't too happy with a world full of mutants.

The adventure began with the posse captured and experimented on. So my posse has a werewolf, a pseudo-vampire, a cyborg, and two super soldiers. We did have a harrowed psyker but he managed to make his own head explode at the end of the first session.

It's going good so far except for me being terrible at role playing NPCs.
Edivdrone
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

!??!!???!??

First; ARE THEY INSANE???????? Have you read some of the history stuff on the Axis powers? THEY ARE EVIL!!!!!

Second; Did you read the part in the back of the Unity adventure where it says Thou Shalt Not Allow Pardoxes?

You should start giving them stern warnings, and if they don't heed them, start killing them off.
Dr Solomon Torsten
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edivdrone wrote:
!??!!???!??

First; ARE THEY INSANE???????? Have you read some of the history stuff on the Axis powers? THEY ARE EVIL!!!!!

Second; Did you read the part in the back of the Unity adventure where it says Thou Shalt Not Allow Pardoxes?

You should start giving them stern warnings, and if they don't heed them, start killing them off.

Oh no, the players aren't the nazis. I'd never allow that. Deadlands is a game about heroes.
Ray
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my group consists of a Infiltrator Can who is insane (She pictures the Manitou as a Devil and her AI as an Angel on her shoulders. Oh, yeah, and the Devil is a Star Wars Fan, and the AI is a Trekkie.).

A Doomie that's fully Pimped out. (Complete with Nuken Pimp Cane!).

A Huckster that got lost in the Hunting Grounds and is just starting to come to terms with the Wasted West, and technology that isn't Mad Science.

And, finally, my character, who is an amalgamation of the stereotypical "American Hero" all rolled together.

All trapped in a VW Microbus, towing a Horse Trailer.
Chezzo
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound like really fun games, guys.

I start a SW post apocalyptic game this Sunday with Highwayman429, who I met on these boards. It's his personal setting, and I'm playing a gruff bartender who takes no nonsense from anyone and doesn't wear any pants.

It's my first time playing Savage Worlds, and playing after the apocalypse is my favorite kind of setting. I'm super excited. I'm sure I'll let you know how it turns out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Edivdrone
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:
Well, my group consists of a Infiltrator Can who is insane (She pictures the Manitou as a Devil and her AI as an Angel on her shoulders. Oh, yeah, and the Devil is a Star Wars Fan, and the AI is a Trekkie.).

Oh, that is funny! I laughed for nearly a minute. Thank you for the smile. Very Happy
Ray wrote:
A Huckster that got lost in the Hunting Grounds and is just starting to come to terms with the Wasted West, and technology that isn't Mad Science.

*flinches in sympathy* How rough a time are they having, dealing with well fed manitous? I have this morbid curiosity going here... (your marshall might consider showing mercy and let the character find a grimore with some of the less nasty manitous from the article in Epitaph #4)

Ray wrote:
And, finally, my character, who is an amalgamation of the stereotypical "American Hero" all rolled together.

Last Action Hero meets Mad Max?

Ray wrote:
All trapped in a VW Microbus, towing a Horse Trailer.

At least until you start killing each other...
Ray
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sympathy for the Huckster, but the NPC of the group is a Junker, and he's likely to find out about the Technology Spirits soon enough.

As for my character, I took everything from Frontiersman to Cowboy to World War II Soldier to Businessman to "Mad Max" (Really, such a good job was done with this that there's no other way to describe it.).

Also, as an homage to two people, he is "The Man In Black". (Johnny Cash and my Father, who wore black for the same reason.).

Yes, he's stuck out in the Wasteland wearing black. Yes, it does suck for him.

I even wrote out a nice story for him: http://canray.deviantart.com/gallery/#Deadlands There might be more, as there's three years between the end of the second story and the start of our campaign.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: